Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream Launches

Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream

If anyone is going to do CC Cream right I imagine it’ll be Kate! Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream ($48) gets a Fall 2013 launch in four shade selections with a formula that sounds mighty nice.

Kate Somerville IllumiKate CC Cream contains a whooping SPF 50 and promises illuminating coverage that minimizes the appearance of imperfections while allowing buildable, breathable coverage.

The results?

Younger more fresh looking skin over time thanks to brightening agents like arbutin, licorice extra, and amino acids!

Do want to try!

P.S. Anyone watching Sleepy Hollow on Fox? I grew up around and went to school in the area…kinda confused about the portrayal on the show though haha…but aside from that rather killer show!

• 9/18/13 14:12 Kimmwc03:

I watched Sleepy Hollow the other night. I was confused by the show.

• 9/18/13 14:34 the Muse:

haven’t you ever read the legend of sleepy hollow?! :-D

• 9/18/13 15:44 Kimmwc03:

I did. I prefer the Disney animated version though. :)

• 9/18/13 15:48 the Muse:

truer to the book ;-D modern take I guess?! :)

• 9/18/13 23:11 Cookie:

I love my Clinique CC cream not sure if I’ll try it. I don’t like changing foundations.

But I do love Sleepy Hollow! I thought it was fun. No idea where they’re going with this. Hubby thought they were trying to come up with another version of Grimm. Sorta Grimm meets Supernatural or something. We need a new show. Gave up on Once Upon a Time.

Oh my gosh. Did growing up in that area contribute to your love of Halloween?? I can’t wait! I’m already sorting decorations and pricing candy at Costco. We give out full-sized candy bars here. We decorate and dress up too. It’s a Mary Engelbreit version of Halloween mind you. I like scary but not horror. Plus we have lots of little ones in the neighborhood.

• 9/19/13 10:37 the Muse:

Agreed it did have a Grimm vibe (I didn’t get the Supernatural element but def Grimm) can’t blame you for giving up on Once Upon a Time it’s just TOO much. I stuck with it but I yawned through a few episodes…! lol absolutely…! I went to jr high/high school in the area and spent many a great time exploring :-D I ATTEND all the events every year :-D Horseman’s Hollow, The Great Jack O Lantern Blaze, Irving’s Legend, etc…if you’re every in the area you should DEF go! https://www.hudsonvalley.org/events/horsemans-hollow?utm_source=Visit+Sleepy+Hollow&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Horseman%27s+Hollow+2013 I’m sorting my decorations too, prob get them out Sunday :-D I do too, it’s actually kinda cheaper to give out full size bars compared to the pricing on miniatures especially if you’re shopping Costco/Sams! I def don’t do scary costumes, most dorky lol! Two-three years ago I was a Cheesybeard’s employee hehe….(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUNCPMslLMI)! Last year I was 4th Doctor :-D this year I’m kinda late choosing a costume….not sure what I want to be yet :-D

• 9/19/13 9:52 Ashley:

Would like to try this! SPF 50 my swedish skin could use this much coverage for sure! Lately all the CC creams I’ve been swatching the lightest shade is too orange or dark, its hard to find one that works for pale skin.

• 9/20/13 13:00 Julie Ann:

Loved Sleepy Hollow! I think if one is confused, you need to keep watching for it to “gel.”

• 9/21/13 16:22 Iris:

With the shade selection, this sounds promising and SPF 50 is always good.

I saw Sleepy Hollow and liked it. I’ll keep tuning in.

• 9/28/13 22:24 Kelly:

Hi, Could you suggest the best CC cream you have tried so far that is anti-aging, non-comedogenic, hydrates, physical sunscreen, natural and dewy finish and stays true to color for long hour wear?

Thanks

• 11/21/13 16:21 robyn:

Been going through some of your previous Kate reviews (love the site) and wonder if you’ve tried her Complexion Perfection program (trykate.com). I had MAJOR problems with the service in the beginning – they changed distribution sources and monthly boxes quit arriving cold-turkey for almost 3 months. But they seem to have the kinks out of the new system finally and it’s a much less expensive alternative to try most of her popular items by skin type (including ExfoliKate). Would love to see a site like this take it on, no holds barred!

• 11/21/13 16:23 the Muse:

sorry robyn I don’t even know about the service?!

• 11/21/13 16:52 robyn:

You’ll definitely want to check it out then – the URL for the program is “trykate.com”. A friend originally told me about it and then I found it on a late night infomercial with Kate of all places. The “order now” button on the main page lets you pull down your skin type / concerns and then they have kits that are tailored to your issues. You can start out with a trial 30-day kit, or opt for a 90-day one for more freebies, and then after that the service goes to 90 day kits full of your selected product types (billed monthly – so three $39.95 payments every 30 days for a full 90 day product supply). I don’t work outside of my home and can stretch it out a bit more than that, however, so they have even allowed me to change my billing cycle and do a new kit every 120 days instead (of the original 90)!

I get the “discoloration” kit (to fight skin redness and I’m 40) so my kits include: Gentle Daily Wash, ExfoliKate, Daily Discoloration Perfector, Spot Reducing Concentrate, High Definition Wrinkle Repair, and Serum Sunscreen. At $39.95 / mo it is SO much cheaper than buying her products à la carte!

There’s NO WAY I would have recommended this program a couple of months ago. I think they grew too fast and her distributor-switch period was a nightmare. Subscriptions were in total upheaval. But her new customer service finally took over a few weeks back and started making things right (including follow-up phone calls, e-mails, a free 30-day kit, and a free Quench lip gloss) – and I’ve been very happy since!

• 11/21/13 16:53 the Muse:

I’m happy to hear things are better….! It’s probably not something I’d likely indulge in since I don’t use her skincare as my staple brand but it sounds like a fab deal for those that do use her skincare daily!