Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer Swatches

Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi Shine Nail Lacquer

Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer ($18) recently launched in twenty four shades with the new Marc Jacobs Makeup & Beauty Collection at Sephora.

Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquers are formulated with patented bonding agents that deliver a plasticized, wet look. This instantly had me hyper as I love glossy anything…glossy gloss, glossy nail lacquer…gloss is good.

I tried out the shade Oui! recently which is a magenta violet (more magenta than violet but who’s counting?).

One of the most outstanding parts of the polish is the fact that it lasts and lasts and lasts. I used it on my toes and it wore three weeks without chipping!

However, the bad news is the color was very streaky and needed a good three coats before I was able to see full opacity. Sad sigh!

Marc Jacobs Beauty Enamored Hi Shine Nail Lacquer Swatches

I’m not really a polish expert but the streaky application was irritating. I also didn’t think it was more shiny or glossy than other polishes I’ve tried and used in the past. For something marketed as a high shine finish I wasn’t really all that wowed by the results.

If you are interested the line of lacquers is available now at Sephora and Sephora.com

Tried ‘em already?

Do share!

Disclosure:

This post contains a PR sample/affiliate link.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 10/15/13 12:59 EliCaroline:

I hate to hear that your experience with the polish was streaky. I purchased the polish in Petra and I loved it! I had no problems with streaks. I found that I could get away with just one coat of it. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it’s shimmery. I haven’t tried any other color, but def. want to.

• 10/15/13 13:08 the Muse:

I think it might be the shade Eli…! It has that iridescent, thinner consistency that’s prone to streaks…! I have my eye on another color that I want so we shall see if anything improves.

• 10/15/13 13:19 CC:

Have you tried any other MJ products, Muse? I hated the gel mascara and took back the lipgloss. The color looked terrible on me, but the feeling on my lips was very strange. It did seem to wear pretty well tho. I also trie d the foundation sample and wasn’t overly impressed. The shadows look amazing. This line is too high priced to be so hit and miss.

• 10/15/13 14:45 Cindi:

$18 and it streaks and requires 3 coats?!!! That’s too much. I will pass on this one. I want my money’s worth and that means 1 coat opacity and no streaks or brush marks.

• 10/16/13 1:51 Cookie:

I bought Petra cause the color is stunning and it’s my MIL’s name.

If you like this color, Sally Hansen Hard as Nails – Purple Potion is similar. Not a dupe I don’t think but haven’t seen them compared. For $2 – 3, it’s close enough!

• 10/16/13 10:30 the Muse:

thanks cookie! I love the shade so something cheaper is always awesome!

• 10/16/13 2:17 Lynda:

I have this and LOVE it! The shade is beautiful, was completely opaque with one coat, not streaky, long-lasting, and had a nice shiny finish! It was worth every penny to me!

• 10/16/13 10:01 Ruth:

It’s the color. Both petra and ultraviolet have made their way into my stash and they have excellent application, 2 coats is complete and even coverage and the wear time is pretty darn good! these are the only things that I’ve tried from the line so far and i’m impressed with these.

• 10/16/13 10:21 the Muse:

phew! happy to hear it :D

• 10/17/13 14:56 Pam:

That color is GORGEOUS! Sigh…
    I agree with Cindi. Anyone know of a dupe?