Maybelline Gilded in Gold Collection Photos & Swatches

Maybelline Gilded in Gold Holiday 2013

I thought I’d do swatches the complete Maybelline Gilded in Gold Collection today! This is a Holiday 2013 Limited Edition release that includes three brand new Matte Color Tattoo Eyeshadows as well as two shades of lipstick and a three gorgeous shimmering blushes (plus other bits and bobs).

Take a look!

The Maybelline Gilded in Gold Collection includes two limited edition shades of Color Sensational Lipstick, three limited edition matte shades of Maybelline Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, one black eyeliner, two nail polishes, and a new shimmering blush palette in three shades (limited edition as well).

Possibly the most exciting part of the collection is, of course, the Maybelline Matte Color Tattoo Cream Eyeshadows. These are available in Nude Pink, Just Beige, and Matte Brown (reviews of each shade is upcoming shortly).

Maybelline Matte Limited Edition Color Tattoo New Shades Swatches

Matte Brown, Nude Pink, Just Beige

Maybelline Nude Pink Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

Nude Pink

Maybelline Matte Brown Tattoo Eyeshadow
Matte Brown

Maybelline Just Beige Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

Just Beige

The two new shades of Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick are Refined Red and Pink Grandeur.

Maybelline Refined Red Color Sensational Lipstick

Maybelline Refined Red Color Sensational Lipstick Swatches

Refined Red

Maybelline Pink Grandeur Color Sensational Lipstick

Maybelline Pink Grandeur Color Sensational Lipstick Swatches

Pink Grandeur

And finally one of the most exciting parts in my opinion are these gorgeous houndstooth print blushes in Plum Shimmer, Pink Weave, and Bronze Tapestry.

Maybelline Gilded in Gold Blush

Maybelline Bronze Tapestry Blush

Bronze Tapestry

Maybelline Plum Shimmer Blush

Plum Shimmer

Maybelline Pink Weave Blush

Pink Weave

Maybelline Gilded in Gold Blush Swatches

Plum Shimmer, Bronze Tapestry, and Pink Weave

I’ll be reviewing many of these products in upcoming posts but thought you’d appreciate some early images and swatches. More info and details to come shortly.

Feel free to share your thoughts if you snagged any of the collection yourself.

I located my products at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

• 10/4/13 11:13 Laurel:

I bought pink weave blush and I loved the color, except when I found out that the brighter pink is just an overspray, and what’s left is the baby pink (like so light it’s almost white) color. I loved that brighter pink!

• 10/4/13 12:05 Fay. H.:

Thanks for your warning Laurel. I was about to grab the pink.

• 10/4/13 11:21 Felicia:

Im so glad you posted this! you never let us down! Ive been waiting for these swatches. I cant wait to get these in Canada Im loving pretty much everything. I definitely gotta have Pink Grandeur, that plum blush and the matte Color Tattoos. Love this collection so far from the swatches

• 10/4/13 11:26 the Muse:

aw my pleasure :) I hope it arrives in Canada for you soon! :) I think the blushes are beautiful so far those are my fav :-D

• 10/4/13 12:02 Anne:

Sorry to disappoint but I asked Maybelline Canada via Facebook and we are NOT getting the colour tattoos in Canada. Sighhhhhhhhhh :(

• 10/6/13 12:55 Felicia:

Anne, really? I mentioned the collection on twitter and they said we are getting it and nothing more, who knows!

• 10/4/13 11:25 Karen:

omg! I want to find these collection, but my BB&B doesn’t have cosmetics.. that’s so sad!! Did you see to sell anywhere else?

• 10/4/13 11:35 the Muse:

i haven’t yet sorry karen! harmons and BBB are the only places so far or at least in NY area…could be different in other states/cities/etc

• 10/4/13 11:28 yelena:

oooh the lippies look lovely!!! as do the cream shadows!

• 10/4/13 11:36 mary brenner:

Oh dear lord!! I need it ALL!! We always are last on the list to get new collections out here in Seattle. …….gonna start stalking all the rite aids and walgreens!!

• 10/13/13 1:42 Liliana:

Mary, I am in Burien and I saw it today at Fred Meyer’s.

• 10/4/13 11:41 Libby:

I just went to Harmon’s yesterday in the city and picked up one of the matte color tattoos! I got just beige since I rarely use any makeup but it looked like a fantastic shade for canceling out darkness or evening out my eyelids.

I love Harmons!

• 10/4/13 12:05 amy:

I think I want it all, except maybe the lippies (I don’t wear pink, and I have sooo many reds!). I hoipe we actually get these down here in L.A.!

• 10/4/13 12:06 Fay. H.:

Thanks for the swatches Muse! Do you mind blending out the tattoos a little so we can see what they are like sheered out? Thanks again!

• 10/4/13 12:31 Melanie:

yes, would love to see this as well….great suggestion

• 10/4/13 12:17 Dee:

I got the color tattoo in Nude Pink really like it! Am waiting on the blushes to see how glittery they are. Can’t wait for your review.

• 10/4/13 12:39 catnip777:

I must find those matte CT’s. We don’t have the expanded BBB’s here in Indy. They’re not on the Maybelline site either. I never found the last round of LE CT’s. Hoping I can find these! Thanks for the swatches.

• 10/4/13 12:42 the Muse:

my pleasure catnip I truly think they’ll see a wider launch at the end of November and will be nationally avoid with bigger display at walgreens…this happened in the Summer as well with the LE shades…a small launch at first but a few weeks later a bigger one. Good Luck!

• 10/6/13 8:26 deathbyglitter:

Thanks for the reminder! :) It keeps my hope alive that I will find this beautiful collection! :)

• 10/4/13 12:55 Stephanie:

Riteaid or Target?

• 10/4/13 19:30 Michelle:

I live in central Ohio and checked my two local Rite Aids today. They didn’t have them nor did any CVS or Walgreens. :(

• 11/3/13 16:59 Candi:

Michelle, I found them yesterday at the Meijer in West Chester, OH… been looking for them all over Dayton and this is the first I’ve seen. Someone else found them at CVS in Columbus. I think they might be just late in coming to Ohio.

• 10/4/13 20:16 Rosanne:

I’m drawn to the Plum Shimmer for fall/winter, but need to know how sparkly it is throughout vs. overspray. I’m too old to wear sparkles on my face but I do love a shimmer.

• 10/4/13 22:07 breyerchic04:

While I don’t think they’re really comparable, I think that both of the light shades of the color tattoo will be close enough to the MAC paint pots I already have to not demand heavy searching, but if I come across them, I’ll probably get all three. I have stormy pink, painterly, and yellow ochre. And I don’t really use dark brown eyeshadows.

• 10/5/13 9:12 Joanna:

Love the shades of the lipsticks.

• 10/5/13 13:05 Beda:

Hi Muse. Wow, I’m really interested in these CT E/S — They look pretty similar to MAC’s Groundwork, Painterly and Soft Ochre. If they do the work — they will be a hit.

• 10/5/13 22:30 Lacy:

Thanks for the swatches Muse! You rock. I must get my hands on the nude pink cream shadow, and not that i need more blush, especially with whats on my radar lately but I think I heard the pink one calling my name….

• 10/7/13 12:01 the Muse:

my pleasure lacy! :) hope you find!

• 10/6/13 8:25 deathbyglitter:

O.O OH WOW!!! This collection is gorgeous!!! I need the Color Tattoos and the lipsticks!!! Thank you soooooooo much for the lipstick swatches – I couldn’t find them anywhere and wanted to know what they looked like so bad. :D Especially loving the red! <3 Really excited for this collection! I might get one of the blushes too – Plum Shimmer or Pink Weave.

I hope so, so much I can find this collection. I also hope the lippies are un-adulterated if I find them. Maybelline – please put seals on your lippies!!! I seriously almost cry when I find a beautiful LE Maybelline lippie only to discover it's been "tested"/"used"/"abused".

• 10/7/13 11:36 the Muse:

my pleasure :) so happy to see how excited you are hehe! :) I hope you find it soon deathbyglitter :)

• 10/7/13 1:19 Jaruka:

The matte brown one looks like a good shade for contouring but I know the color tattoos set too fast for that!

• 10/7/13 1:38 Caroline:

I wonder if Pink Grandeur will be a dupe for my beloved Moisture Extreme in Roseberry.

• 10/7/13 8:31 kellly:

hmmmm. I like the new color tattoos but why would they call them “Gilded in Gold” if they are matte? By the names, I was expecting them to have gold shimmer. They are still pretty and I will probably pick up the Nude Pink and Matte Brown. Maybe even the Bronze Tapestry to use as an eye shadow!

• 10/10/13 8:25 jasmine:

I know many don’t like mattes but it’s about time Maybelline released matte color tattoos sometimes it’s overwhelming to use all shimmers, especially if you have small eyes. I typically use MACs paint lots so these are cheaper alternatives.

• 10/14/13 11:39 Neisha:

These are no where to be found in brooklyn… I went to bed bath & beyond in manhattan and Harmon’s and they where sold out.. Haven’t seen them in Walgreens or rite aid yet.. :(

• 10/22/13 7:33 Gwen:

I am trying like the devil to find the “Nude Pink” eye shadow, no lucj so far…

• 10/22/13 7:34 Gwen:

I mean luck. Ugh.

• 10/22/13 8:38 kellly:

I’m STILL trying to find these in my area. My tough luck I live in a flyover state. October 22 and still nothing around here. . . .

• 10/25/13 13:26 heather:

spotted a fresh display at cvs today in baltimore. hopefully others will soon have luck finding these!

• 2/13/14 9:38 Cynthia:

I never saw then just the runway collection.