Milani Fall 2013 Textured Creams Nail Lacquer Swatches

Milani Fall 2012 Textured Creams Nail Lacquer

I thought I’d do some quick swatches of the new Milani Fall 2013 Textured Creams Nail Lacquer Collection that launched recently. These dramatic, fall-inspired shades of cream nail lacquer have a textured, matte finish.

Take a peek!

I was fiddling around with the new Milani Fall 2013 Textured Creams Nail Lacquer Collection this week and decided to do some test swatches. These have a rather interesting texture…kinda gritty, almost as if they poured sand into the polish. These were released in six shades and all six are limited edition available for the Fall 2013 season only!

Shades include:

• Gracious Green
  • Velvet Violet
  • Beautiful Bordeaux
  • Charming Carmine
  • Lovely Lavender
  • Mystery Mauve

Interestingly enough the shades with the more opaque finish of the six were the lighter colors. Gracious Green, Velvety Violet, and Lovely Lavender have an excellent opaque finish on a single application with the darker shades needing an extra layer to appear fully opaque.

At first I thought doing a double layer was a bit messy as the polish is thicker but I think the texture has a more interesting finish when you do at least two layers of product. For my swatches in these photos you’re looking at a single application but do risk the mess as the grittiest of the polish is more dramatic with two applications in place.

Milani Fall 2012 Textured Creams Nail Lacquer Swatches

Gracious Green, Lovely Lavender, Velvety Violet

Milani Fall Textured Creams Nail Lacquer Swatches

Charming Carmine, Mystery Mauve, Beautiful Bordeaux

They have a little bit of a slower dry time so you’ll need a little patience if you’re air drying!

I’m more a pedicure girl myself but these are most full on tips…!

They are available now at drugstores or online at www.milanicosmetics.com for $4.99 each.

Anyone try them?

Do share!

Disclosure:

This review contains a sample
product sent for consideration by PR.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 10/15/13 12:10 Arielle:

Wow, it’s like a low key version of Ciate’s caviar nails! Love!

Arielle

• 10/15/13 12:15 Cindy Ramirez:

I love the textured nail polishes, but my problem is I use a quick drying top coat. I physically can not let nails air dry because I always ruin them. So womp womp. These look lovely though!

• 10/15/13 13:02 Leah:

Hey Muse,

I think you might mean 2013 right?

• 10/15/13 13:06 the Muse:

yup sorry!

• 10/15/13 13:12 Christina:

Hey Muse! I don’t give a damn about nail polish BUT since this is a Milani post — do you know anything about the new LE Milani Shadow Eyez Pencils? I’ve seen a post on another beauty blog (sorry) that there are six new Shadow Eyez in varying shades of silver and purple. We already know how great the last LE release of the neutrals was, but I love cool colors — especially purple! — even more and that makes this an absolute must have for me.

• 10/15/13 16:29 the Muse:

hey lady :) how are you? I haven’t…but I read it on another blog too lol don’t be sorry I read other blogs myself ;-D I’m really interested in seeing how these are they look great! :-D if I hear anything I’ll be sure to post official deets!

• 10/15/13 15:40 Miranda:

I just can’t get into liquid sand!! It ends up looking like I slept with wet polish on!

• 10/16/13 13:34 Alexandra:

I’m with you! I am not drawn to the textured polish look either!