Benefit Lemon Aid Still As Awesome As Ever

Benefit LemonAid

I took the liberty of stocking up on Benefit Lemon Aid during the Sephora VIB Event because lord knows I can’t do without it. It’s one of the few products I’d need a lifetime supple of if the zombie plague hits, it’s a staple product I use daily and never ever do I skip out I applying, it’s the product I’d mourn, cry, and have a funeral for if Benefit should ever decide to discontinue it (god forbid!).

Benefit Lemon Aid is something I’ve used for at least ten years now. It’s a color correcting lid primer (don’t confuse it with an eyeshadow primer, it isn’t) that has a yellow tint. Now……yellow should neutral redness, veining, etc on fairer skin. You’d think something like this wouldn’t work but the color is actually universally flattering across a wider range of skin tones than you’d imagine. I don’t have redness around my eyes but without Benefit Lemon Aid I’d look a heck of a lot more tired than I am if I didn’t use it at all. Typically it’s the first thing I apply prior to ANYTHING else on my face. I pat it on my lids, follow up with BB Cream application, and apply my concealer.

Benefit Lemon Aid

It brightens my eyes up, prefers and evens out the skin tone around my lids, and just creates a fresh, flawless look. We’re concealing under our eyes so why not above them as well?

I can’t live without Benefit Lemon Aid. It is an absolute essential product!

DO try it.

It’s a must have in my opinion.

Once you use it you likely won’t ever want to be without it.

It’s available at Sephora, Sephora.com, and of course directly from www.benefitcosmetics.com.

• 11/14/13 13:12 Fatima:

Thanks for the awesome review:) How do you compare this stuff with MAC’s paint pot’s that are also used as an color correcting eyebase and increase the longevity of the eye make up?

• 11/14/13 13:18 the Muse:

it’s thinner in consistency Fatima and it brightens more than a Paint Pot does in my opinion. Although Soft Ochre is def a fav of mine I still prefer the consistency of lemon aid to a paint pot any day :) This isn’t really to increase the longevity of eyeshadow, just brightens eyes up and neutralizes redness or veins on lids if you have them. I have neither I just use it to brighten my eye area up prior to applying primer, shadow or a paint pot.

• 11/14/13 13:38 Fatima:

Thanks alot :)

• 11/14/13 13:41 the Muse:

my pleasure!

• 11/14/13 13:28 amy:

Is this at all moisturizing?

• 11/14/13 13:30 the Muse:

mmmmm not really…it’s creamy but dense, not really hydrating no.

• 11/14/13 13:44 alyssa:

do you use this before or after an eyelid primer??

• 11/14/13 13:48 the Muse:

typically before anything on my eyes so I do this, shadow primer, and follow up with eyeshadow.

• 11/14/13 17:05 Juliana:

Thanks for mentioning this product. It’s one that’s a favorite and staple in my beauty routine too. It doesn’t get the love it so rightly deserves. Some days I just put this on with mascara and it just wakes up my whole eye area.

• 11/15/13 11:26 the Muse:

SAME here Julianna same here :-D just slap it on and go!

• 11/14/13 17:24 Jane:

You haven’t by chance compared this to To o Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop have you?

• 11/15/13 14:45 the Muse:

i haven’t but I will say I prefer this compared to a liquid like TFSI just because it applies with less mess!

• 11/15/13 7:51 Ariane:

Yes, I like it! I was curious about it and I found a bunch of Benefit stuff on clearance at a drugstore: I got Lemon Aid for like 8$. Amazing.

• 11/15/13 9:16 the Muse:

AWESOME!

• 11/15/13 10:49 yelena:

where did you find that? :)

• 11/15/13 10:50 yelena:

Muse: i’m confused, do you use this only on the lids on under eyes as well? you mentioned bb cr√®me and concealer so that threw me off…
    and I also think I’ve heard another blogger use it for contouring, but I may be mistaken

• 11/15/13 10:57 the Muse:

I don’t use it under my eyes just above on lids. I don’t really contour not sure I’d use a yellow cream for contouring!? but who knows I’m def not an expert on contouring :)

• 11/15/13 11:01 yelena:

thanks muse. i’m also having the hardest time finding a concealer for the winter months when my skin gets dry. I had been using a Clinique airbrush concealer which I love (medium honey) but I would like something more moisturizing. I also bought nars conceaeler in biscuit during the Sephora VIB sale because it felt very moisturizing under my eyes but I found that it fades within a few hours (even after setting with powder).
        any suggestions?

• 11/15/13 22:28 yelena:

muse: here’s the video to the ccontouring i was talking about before, i believe its the same product. the blogger who does it is huda from hudabeauty:

also i purchased that smashbox product you suggested in the past (after i had read your reviews on it) and i’m sorry to say it didnt work for me. i guess i didnt like the pink undertones with the shine, i like more yellow undertones and a matte finish. but you are right it is hydrating, perhaps if it was available in a colorless formula it would have been ideal!

• 11/18/13 15:56 the Muse:

that was amazing never thought to use as a contour might work best on a deeper skin tone though…prob won’t see it on me!? which smashbox product?

• 11/16/13 15:43 yelena:

Muse: I thought I posted a link to the contouring video last night, but I don’t see it up. the blogger who uses it for contouring is Huda Kattan from Huda Beauty. her video is on youtube, I posted the link but perhaps it got filtered or marked as spam. anyway just wanted to share another use for this product altho I’ve never tried it before now i’m curious :D

• 11/18/13 15:58 the Muse:

nope it came through ok I just didn’t get to comments until today typically I don’t touch the blog on the weekend and it looks like you left the comment on Saturday. Sorry about that. I just need a little rest when the weekend comes and like to keep away from the Internet/blogging etc :)

• 11/15/13 11:02 yelena:

oh and I do also use an eye cream under concealer and allow to dry. (Clinique all about eyes)

• 11/15/13 13:19 Laura:

I like Lemonade – but as I’ve aged and fine lines are difficult to hide, I need a better product.

Have you tried the same version from YBF? WONDERFUL – better coverage – better yellow – more moisture – doesn’t settle in lines.

You can get the powder too, but I prefer their cream

• 11/15/13 14:40 the Muse:

no I haven’t can I get some links please? I’d like to try :D

• 11/15/13 14:45 Laura:

I got mine at HSN, but I’m sure EvilBay and Amazon have it too

• 11/15/13 14:46 the Muse:

and this is for lids right? and the powder for face or eyes?

• 11/15/13 14:46 Laura:

I use it lids and underneath eyes too – just the same uses as lemonade.

• 11/15/13 14:47 the Muse:

thanks :-D!

• 11/15/13 14:46 Laura:

And it’s way more yellow than the picture – very close to lemonade

• 12/26/13 13:08 jordan:

no need to post this to your blog, but your disclaimer says none of your links are affiliate links, which looked to be true in the past, but it looks like this and some of your newer posts do you have affiliate links so you might want to change your disclaimer page.

• 12/26/13 13:27 Isabella Muse:

sorry Jordan the disclaimer post was written several years ago and I just started using affiliate links mmmm about two months or so ago. I’ll update that as soon as I have a chance thanks so much. However, it is started and disclosed in every single post I do if there is an affiliate link so there no confusion to be had. I hope this helps.

• 12/26/13 13:33 Isabella Muse:

ps I actually have an open disclaimer on the page that states the reader will be alerted when I use an affiliate link and since I am doing that already I think we are all covered however to avoid confusion I’ve updated the disclaimer page for your reference http://www.musingsofamuse.com/disclaimerdisclosure