Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid for 2014

Pantone Color of the Year Radiant Orchid 2014

It’s official the new Pantone Color of the Year is Radiant Orchid for 2014.

So if you’re a purple lover I’m sure this is exciting news for you!

I can’t wait to see what Sephora does with this color! I bet it will be something exciting.

Thoughts?

• 12/6/13 10:22 Courtney:

I could usually care less about the “color of the year” but I gotta say, I saw this one and instantly fell in love.

• 12/6/13 10:26 the Muse:

yay! ;-D

• 12/6/13 10:31 Alanna:

It’s soooo pretty! I want it in a liquid eyeliner :)

• 12/6/13 10:39 Dee:

I like this one! I like green but not emerald green, so last’s years did nothing for me. This one will be great.

• 12/6/13 11:33 Sara:

I was excited for Emerald last year (it’s totally my color with red hair and green eyes), but I ended up not buying any of the Sephora + Pantone products. Maybe something from 2014 will catch my eye. My sister will be excited, she loves purple!

• 12/6/13 11:38 the Muse:

honestly you didn’t miss much as I thought the Sephora’s collection wasn’t that great last year :(

• 12/6/13 12:27 Al:

I can’t wait to see what they do this year. I didn’t mind the emerald color for this year, but the collection itself was rather lackluster for me. I LOVED what they did with the tangerine the previous year. The crazy feather eyelashes were my favorite part of the whole collection!

• 12/6/13 12:35 the Muse:

I loved Tangerine as well Al!

• 12/6/13 14:07 Kaitlyn:

I LOOOOVE purple!!! I’m looking forward to this! Especially some lilac/pink lippies!!!

• 12/6/13 15:04 Deb:

Well, I’ll have to be skipping this one. Too much pink. With my red hair, skin tone, and blue eyes, I look like a corpse in this color. But not a big deal, haven’t ever lusted after any of the color of the year products anyway.

• 12/6/13 15:12 the Muse:

love the color but yeah, not for my coloring either me thinks! Happy Holidays (and weekend) deb!

• 12/6/13 15:31 Joy:

Likey! This is the color of my current fave scarf :D

• 12/6/13 15:59 Beauty Maven:

I am so stinking excited for their set for this one!! I LOVED the Tangerine Tango set, but the Emerald one was a little lack-luster.. This one should give them lots of ideas!!

• 12/6/13 16:01 breyerchic04:

I’m envisioning an eye gloss and a powder blush with a bit of shimmer in this shade. I already have a nice lip product about this color (l’oreal gloss stain stuff)

• 12/6/13 16:10 Phyrra:

This is one of my favorite colors! MAC Stars n’ Rockets, Urban Decay Fishnet, OCC Hoochie, Morgana Cryptoria Troll Repellant, all great products in this shade. LOVE!

• 12/6/13 19:24 Lori P:

As a purple lover, I CAN’T wait to see what Sephora does with this. I already have a few purple based eye shadows, eye liners, lip products..etc but is always on the lookout on new ideas on how to use them.

• 12/6/13 20:46 Leslie:

I love this! I’m ready to see a cool-toned color. It seems that it has been a while. Oranges, greens, and grays are coming to mind as recent choices. Don’t know if memory serves, though.

• 12/7/13 6:07 cat:

I really hate this one. Orange and emerald green felt interesting. This feels too safe. I don’t care if they call it “radiant orchid”. They might as well have chosen baby pink. Light purple eyeshadows are fine but they’re not exciting. I think this kind of lip color looks garish and unflattering on most people. I don’t think it’ll make a fantastic cheek color and as a nail polish girl, it’s definitely a pass for me.

• 12/7/13 7:01 telle:

LOVE that it is orchid! i love that pantone has selected amazing colors these last few years (hello tango and emerald, its your old pal telle!). <- i can't believe im actually this nerdy! LOL! ;) The colors have such presence and impact and i am really excited for whatever sephora and pantone roll out for color of the year!!

• 12/7/13 8:42 JenJ:

Yaaaaasssssss!!!!! *throws glitta* I cannot wait to see the items in the collection. This may be a problem lol!!! :D

• 12/7/13 9:17 butterdaisy:

I love my nail polishes I have that are in this family, but they definitely have to lean on the purpley side and away from the pink side or it’s a no go. I hate pink and anything that even could be mistaken for it I stay away from. Serious aversion here! LOL!

Side note: The Orchid Crayola Crayon is so pretty. Discovered it in my son’s crayon box and wanted to see if it rang purple or pink. Definitely purple. 8-}

• 12/7/13 9:19 Sarah S.:

Hahaha, I love it! I’ve been obsessed with this color for the past few months, so this makes me feel ahead of the curve, LOL

• 12/7/13 12:49 kellly:

and I was sitting here all along rooting for Rose Gold. *sigh* oh well maybe next year.

• 12/9/13 10:07 the Muse:

you aren’t alone :) I’d like that too!

• 12/7/13 22:55 Phyrra:

I own a lot of makeup in this color! I love it :)

• 12/8/13 7:26 Wendy:

This isn’t the greatest colour on me, but it sure beats last year.. LOL I usually give a big pfffttt to Pantone colour of the year as it is pretty much irrelevant. :D

• 12/8/13 9:26 amber m:

I’m soooo on board with Radiant Orchid! Purple is my favorite color so some of its various shades such as orchid tend to make regular appearances in my makeup bag time to pull out the Benefit’s Wild Child ultra shine lipgloss, Tarte ‘s Cloud 9 cheekstain, Maybelline’s Wild Blossom blush, Revlon’s kissable balm stains in Darling, Opi’s I’m feeling sashy and Benefit’s Hervana box o powder. Bring it on twenty-fourteen, I’m ready. lol

• 12/8/13 17:10 Ester:

I want a blush in this exact color… Perfect!!! A matte lipstick couldn’t hurt either.

• 12/13/13 22:21 Monica!:

Mac has this blush that may be, just may be be of your liking, it’s called coygirl, and it has this purplish hue that looks very pretty on the cheeks

• 12/8/13 19:49 Jaz:

OOH I cant wait to buy a new lippie in this color.

• 12/9/13 23:18 Cat:

Color of the year? Pft! It’s been the “color of my life” for almost thirty years now! It’s good to see the cosmetics industry is finally catching up! (They’re a bit on the slow side, eh??) ;-)

• 12/12/13 15:59 the Muse:

lol

• 12/13/13 22:18 Monica!:

Last week I got Stars and Rockets just because oh well I LOVE this bright orchid color!! hey Muse do you reckon Laura Mercier will relaunch that lipgloss we love, Camelia? it is perfect IMO

• 12/16/13 15:59 the Muse: