Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush Collection for Spring 2014

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush

It’s rare that I say I need every single piece of a collection but the Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush Collection for Spring 2014 is screaming at me to buy it all! Every shade! NOW! This breathtaking new collection of Ambient Lighting Blush is a follow up to Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Powder released last year and uses the same incredible technology to capture light and reflect it off your face for a beautiful glow of color.

I’m very excited about this collection!

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush combines the customized lighting effects of Ambient Lighting Powder with a spectrum of modern hues that results in a seamless, soft focus, multidimensional color on cheeks.

Hourglass has fused Ambient Lighting Powder, the cutting-edge collection of finishing powders, with an array of vivid cheek colors, creating a hybrid product that is unique, contemporary and revolutionary. Unlike traditional blush, which tends to be flat, Ambient Lighting Blush uses Photoluminescent Technology to exhibit depth and dimension. The airy, lightweight powders contain optically transparent particles that amplify the colors to a multi-dimensional level—effectively reinventing the way you view blush.

The state-of-the-art formula means that its full potential is only displayed on application. The hand-made powders are formulated using an advanced miscelare technique—which means “to mix” in Italian—creating the perfect balance of pigment and powder, and no two look alike. Delivers a radiant natural finish and offers buildable color. Ambient Lighting Blush is designed to be paired with Ambient Lighting Powder. Using the two products together imbues the entire complexion with an otherworldly glow. The six shades, which range from soft coral to cool pink, are a wardrobe of captivating accent lights for cheeks.

The formula is free of parabens, talc, fragrance, nanoparticles and gluten with a formula that’s not tested on animals.

Shades:

• Radiant Magenta (golden fuchsia blush combined with Radiant Light for a summer glow)
  • Mood Exposure (soft plum blush fused with Mood Light to brighten the complexion)
  • Diffused Heat (vibrant poppy blush combined with Diffused Light for a subtle halo effect)
  • Ethereal Glow (cool pink blush fused with Ethereal Light for a moonlit luminosity)
  • Dim Infusion (subdued coral blush fused with Dim Light to add warmth)
  • Luminous Flush (champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer)

Hourglass Mood Exposure Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Mood Exposure Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Radiant Magenta Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Radiant Magenta Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Diffused Heat Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Diffused Heat Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Ethereal Glow Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Ethereal Glow Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Luminous Flush Ambient Lighting Blush

Hourglass Luminous Flush Ambient Lighting Blush

The Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush ($35) will be available permanently this Spring (February) at Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Net-A-Porter.com, Sephora, Sephora.com, Space NK and Hourglasscosmetics.com.

I have decided that I will buy one of each shade if it kills me! I need all of them!

What about you?

• 1/22/14 10:12 Deb:

I literally haven’t seen a single makeup product in months now that got me excited or made me want to buy. This. Is. IT!!

• 1/22/14 11:46 Kaitlyn:

Me too! Just when I’ve decided that I have enough makeup and I really don’t need anything else except a good concealer (the never-ending search), I see these!!! Most shimmery blushes don’t look that great on me, but I have a feeling I will LOVE these!

• 1/22/14 10:18 Cel:

Is it just me or do they look like meat? HAHAHA Oh man, maybe I’m just hungry.

This sounds like they’re milking the ambient powder hype but we shall see, the idea interests me.

• 1/22/14 11:57 Barb:

haha

• 1/22/14 10:25 Cj:

*drools* I just hit pan on my diffused light powder. Guess I’ll pick these up when I restock XD

• 1/22/14 10:29 Hollie H:

I agree with Deb. This is the first thing that has me drooling in months. I NEED these!!! Hurry up and take my money, Hourglass!

• 1/22/14 10:31 Karen:

Me likey… me wanty… :-D

• 1/22/14 11:12 cat:

I love that ad. It looks like the most gorgeous quilt. Anyway, I’m still not sure if my Ambient Lighting Powder is showing up on my face but I could get behind some nice blushes. Well, maybe on sale.

• 1/22/14 11:39 Sara:

Normally I refuse to shell out $35 for a single product like a blush, but I admit I’m intrigued by these! I really love Diffused Heat. I’m curious to see the reviews and swatches for these! Blush is one area where I’m really lacking an everyday color that I love. I have a Bareminerals loose blush and the blushes in my UD Anarchy facecase, but that’s about it.

• 1/22/14 14:17 Tammie:

Aaaa I want like 2 of these! Between these and the Clinique ones I’ll be buying like 400% more blushes than I should lol. I decided a while ago that blushes are literally the last thing I need, but ugh! Leave it to Spring to bring it with the blushes…

• 1/22/14 14:20 Kate:

Hi Muse! Been way too long since I’ve last commented but I am still an avid reader! Two kids = no time for pretty makeup life! But, my gosh!!!! I have been waiting for something gorrrggeeeoousss to add to my makeup collection and this just might be it!!! I can’t wait for the reviews and swatches!!! AHHH!!! You just made my day so much more beautiful!!!! xoxo!

• 1/22/14 14:27 Isabella Muse:

hey kate! welcome back :-D Hope you had a great Holiday! I’m sure! kids can def take time! I think these are truly special! It’s been a while since I got this excited about makeup and wanted every single shade lol :-D aw my pleasure! I aim to please ;D

• 1/22/14 16:44 Sara D.:

OMG I was going to get the new ysl blush but then I saw this! I don’t know which one I want…. Can all be an option. No no must control myself!

• 1/23/14 10:04 Isabella Muse:

ha! I’m with you on that YSL blush Sara ;D

• 1/22/14 17:34 CarolineL:

Ok, I was on a no blush buy but these I must have!! So excited!

• 1/22/14 17:58 Melody:

Tarte, Clinique and Hourglass sure wanna take my money this spring with skincare and blushes! Think I’ll have to pick up Dim Light powder and Dim blush first! It IS exciting!

• 1/22/14 21:06 Rami:

Hey Muse!

These look quite similar to the milani baked blushes in appearance.. I wonder if they’ll actually be really different than a normal blush!

• 1/23/14 9:51 Isabella Muse:

they do as well as Laura Geller Baked Blushes. Not sure how they compare though! We shall see which is better!

• 1/22/14 21:37 Nicci:

I’m right there with ya, I need them all! I pre-ordered a couple (Diffused and Luminous) when SpaceNK had them up briefly, but I think I’m going to order at least one more on Friday when they go up on Hourglass. The rest… it’s really just a matter of time, probably.

• 1/23/14 9:49 Isabella Muse:

i didn’t even know spake nk had them available for a hot minute b/c I’d have prebooked!

• 1/23/14 10:00 Nicci:

It really was up for a matter of a couple hours, I think – I happened to see someone mention it on twitter.

• 1/22/14 23:00 Jennifer:

Wow, I can’t wait to see these!! I want them all but I’ll have to restrain myself to two. Or three.

• 1/23/14 1:44 Beverly:

These are too too pretty!

• 1/23/14 2:23 Lemon:

Dang it! Dim Infusion Ambient Lighting and Mood Exposure Ambient Lighting looks so darn pretty! I’ll be a good girl and wait until the F&F sale :I.

• 1/25/14 12:45 Beth:

i just ordered this in dim infusion and i’m so freakin’ psyched about it. i have been using the dim ambient powder for several months as a blush, usually topping it with a sweep of a peach or coral blush, so this will be the perfect one for me. hourglass has a way of making me want everything…

• 1/25/14 12:50 Beth:

i just realized i think i have to have the diffused heat, too. DANGIT!

• 1/25/14 14:05 Margaret Antill:

Swatches please! I’m so excited for swatches! :)

Please follow my blog! I’m new and I’d be honored if you were a follower!

• 1/27/14 11:50 Isabella Muse:

Hi Margaret congrats on your blog I’ll def have a read soon (I’m behind on blog reading :) swatches and a review on the way soon!