NYX Introduces BB Cream for Spring 2014

nyx bb cream
You read that right NYX has introduced a new BB Cream to their permanent collection for Spring 2014 that will be available in three shades.

Have I gained your interest?

NYX BB Cream will be available in three shade selections with an oil-free formula that primes, hydrates, brightens and adds a touch of color to your face.

Shades:

• Nude (light medium with beige undertones)
  • Natural (light medium with peach undertones)
  • Golden (medium with golden undertones)

I was surprised there isn’t a mention of SPF in the formula!

You can get yours now for $13 at NYXCosmetics.com.

• 1/22/14 14:40 Anna:

Thank goodness for no SPF! I am allergic to most SPF and companies insist on cramming it into every skin product :-) After reading so much SPF research, I’m not even sure it works once applied after a few hours.

So, yay! no spf in NYX :-)

• 1/23/14 8:23 AnniLau:

From what I’ve read, chemical sunscreens do lose efficacy after a few hours and should be reapplied. Physical blockers like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are good for as long as they’re on your skin.

I like Neutrogena’s Pure & Free liquid, although I’m currently using Cerave’s newish sunscreen, since the store was out of the other and I couldn’t wait for a restock. It seems sort of…sticky.

• 9/1/14 23:31 Snorky:

SPF just means Sun Protection Factor. It’s not an actual ingredient.

• 1/22/14 18:27 Bea A.:

Tried this on the back of my hand in the store…it definitely felt a bit heavy but provided medium coverage. There was little smell and a thicker, more creamier consistency. Didn’t get it though since I didn’t need anymore face coverage products xDD

• 1/22/14 19:21 Heather:

I bought this during the recent Ulta F&F sale and I love it. It was a bit shiny, but when mixed with Loreal Magic BB it is a perfectly natural finish with light coverage that covers my redness but still shows my freckles. Once again, NYX has created an amazing product and I highly recommend anyone try it.

• 1/22/14 20:35 Nicole:

I understand that cosmetics companies can’t make a shade for every skintone, but could they at least, you know, try a little harder than this?

• 1/23/14 1:10 Lacy:

I like no spf because they the product doesn’t expire as fast either! Plus most of us get spf from our moisturizer anyway!

@anna, sorry to hear you’re allergic, that’s gotta be a bummer with limited selection on make up these days :(

• 1/23/14 23:07 Heather:

Sounds interesting. Glad it doesn’t contain an SPF. I use my own zinc sunscreen.