Manga Come to Life?

drawn

I’m a chronic manga and comic reader as well as graphic novels. I do love Josei titles but unfortunately there aren’t a ton of offerings in print that are English. I’m EAGERLY awaiting Saga Volume 3. My close friend Angel owns a game shop in Flushing and he sells manga, graphic novels, etc so I AM HOPING that he gets an early release on it, I can’t wait until April OMGZ!

Anyway…I just discovered Drawn by Marian Tee as Amazon recommended it to me, must be all the pre-books I did for upcoming manga like Happy Marriage!

Anyway, Marian sounds like a complete geek which is one thing that drew me in. The other thing was I thought it was interesting that this was her version of a naughty manga for adults sans any actually drawings…just more story, less comic.

Shrug…

It seems rather odd reading a manga based story without pictures…

But I thought I’d give a whirl!

I’ll let ya know what I think! Seems like straight up smut but lord knows I’ll read anything with words and smut never bothered me.

What are you reading right now?

• 2/11/14 20:06 Jess:

Oh man, I’m reading so much manga right now. I’m loving brides story; it’s beautiful. I can’t wait for the next chapter! I’ve also been rereading a bunch of old favorites, like honey and clover, and sailor moon.

Also, not a manga but Gunnerkrigg Court is my favorite web comic/western comic in general and the most recent chapter has been so good and interesting! I can’t wait for tomorrows update.

• 2/17/14 11:13 Isabella Muse:

Bride’s story is unusual and quite lovely :-D I really like it too Jess! :-D omg I love GC too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D

• 2/17/14 18:18 Jess:

Awesome!! After todays update I’m dying for more haha. I want to find a lipstick like Annie’s, I think!

• 2/11/14 22:35 hydramirage:

Anything by Nagae Tomomi I always will buy. I’m not sure if any of her works have been released officially in English though.

• 2/17/14 11:11 Isabella Muse:

• 2/12/14 3:05 Phyrra:

I just finished the Richelle Mead Dark Swan books. Before that I read the latest Yasmine Galenorn and Chloe Neil. I’m not sure what I’ll be reading next.

On the note of manga come to life, I feel like Teen Wolf is a live action anime. I love it to bits!

• 2/17/14 10:56 Isabella Muse:

haha tell me about it, so much Japanese ghost folklore lately!

• 2/12/14 12:59 jerseygrrrl78:

I love manga but never really got into the josei genre. Titles like Vagabond and Pluto are more my thing. Recently I got sucked into Attack on Titan. It’s a convoluted mess of a story but I absolutely love it :)

• 2/12/14 17:12 Isabella Muse:

I love all forms of manga :-D but def venture into josei from time to time, it’s good fun ;-D Vagabond is awesome!

• 2/13/14 0:38 Anna:

My faves among josei are anything by Ai Yazawa. It sucks that she hasn’t released anything for a while…

• 2/13/14 9:17 Isabella Muse:

Ai Yazawa is awesome :) Nana is truly epic!