Nude Lipstick and Lipgloss Recommendations for Spring

TRAVEL

I really love nude lips for Spring so I gathered up a few of my favorites for you! This is my selection of Nude Lipstick and Lipgloss Recommendations for Spring 2014 but feel free to add your favorite too!

Check ahead for them!

Nude Lipstick and Lipgloss

Nude lips are always difficult for me to pull off without looking like the dead has risen so I tend to avoid anything that contains too beige a base. Typically my ideal nude lip has a good peachy base to it as it’s most wearable for my skin tone. Of course, it’ll vary from skin tone to skin but I do think some of the shades in this list of Nude Lipstick and Lipgloss Recommendations are pretty universally flattering on a range of skin tones.

Lipgloss Swatches

Laura Geller Cherry Almond Luscious Lips Liquid Lipstick, Laura Mercier Bare Peach Lip Glace, Maybelline Truffle Tease Buffs Lipstick, Maybelline Stormy Sahara Buffs Lipstick

Nude Lipgloss Swatches

Maybelline Charming Cocoa Color Elixir, Lavshuca Dramatic Stay Liquid, Laura Mercier Gilided Rose Lip Glace

Nude Lipstick Swatches

Hourglass No 4 Femme Nude Stylo, Hourglass No 5 Femme Nyde Stylo, It Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum

Nude Lipstick and Lipgloss Swatches1

Bare Minerals Dreamer Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss, Bare Minerals Free Spirit Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss, Butter London Mush Lippy Tinted Balm

Laura Geller Cherry Almond Luscious Lips Liquid Lipstick fotd

Wearing Laura Geller Cherry Almond

I would suggest avoid too grey or too beige a lipstick base because they end up looking quite pasty. Some folks can totally rock this look but I do think the best nude lip is one that has a bit of warmth to it. Something with a nice nude, brown, or golden peach base works fantastic in my experience.

Hourglass Cosmetics Femme Nude Lip Stylo Face of the Day

Wearing Hourglass No 5 Femme Nyde Stylo

It Cosmetics CC Lip Serum Hydrating Color Correcting Creme Gloss fotd

Wearing CC Lip Serum

Lavshuca Dramatic Stay Liquid fotd

Wearing Lavshuca Dramatic Stay Liquid

The recommendations I made above avoid grey and stick with warmer peach and brown bases to create a less traditional nude lip look but in my experience a more wearable one.

I know I tend to avoid nude lips because they are harder for me to pull off but it’s all about picking the perfect shade to go nude and when you do find it you’ve mastered the look!

What are your fav nude shades of gloss and lipstick?

Do share!

• 3/24/14 19:15 Rebecca:

My favorite is Shiro’s Nic Cage Churning Butter One Crisp Thanksgiving Morn. It’s sheer so I don’t get zombie lips (I can’t be the only one who gets that, right?), and it’s the most amazing non-sticky gloss formula ever! Plus the name and label are hilarious, so I never feel self conscious whipping it out for touch ups

• 3/24/14 22:51 Isabella Muse:

oh god I get me some zombie lips don’t you worry ’bout that :D

• 3/24/14 20:25 Blushstopshere:

L’Oréal Colour Riche Lipcolour Fairest Nude 800 works for me. It’s a beautiful pinky nude color.

• 3/25/14 12:18 Miss D:

I’ve been wearing Elizabeth Arden’s lipstick in Breathless FOREVER! It’s not totally beigy/nudey, it’s more like a rosewood, but it is beautiful & if I want it to look more “nude”, I just apply it lightly. :)

• 3/25/14 13:58 Veronica:

Peachy lipsticks actually wash my features out – but then, I’m an NW10 in the winter months, so warm tones are not always face friendly for me. :P If there’s enough pink or sheer enough to offset the warmer tones, though, I can wear them. For gloss, I really like Bobbi Brown’s Bronzed Heather. For lipstick, I really like Maybelline’s Born With It (warmer nude), Maybelline Nude Embrace (cooler nude), or MAC’s Inocence, Beware! (my favorite nude – shame it’s drying)

• 3/25/14 17:40 rhinovodka:

Really liking the LG Cherry Almond! Trying to get on her site now to catch the sale.

• 3/25/14 19:48 Rosie in Brooklyn:

hey hunnies how are ya i also love Mac’s Inocence too and Mac’s Myth and Revlon Lip Butter Creme Brulee and a discontinued favorite of mine that is nude and sparkly at the same time Victoria’s Secret Lipstick Malibu (Heidi Klum Collection) Off Topic My birthday rocked.xo Rosie

• 3/25/14 22:07 Roo:

I really enjoy the Revlon lip butter in peach parfait. I also love Rapture from UD, which isn’t exactly nude, but pretty natural looking on me. It definitely works for Spring! I fell in love with that color after seeing your review of the revolution lipsticks. Favorite!

• 3/28/14 14:45 Isabella Muse:

aw I love that UD shade too Roo :D

• 3/26/14 16:56 Majick:

I love nude lips but I totally understand the “zombie lips” comment. LOL

I have two from Hourglass and while I think they are nude they may be classified as something else. ONe is called Whisper and the other is called Grace.

Just the other day I picked up a few Calvin Klein lippies at Ulta. The newest of the shine colors is called Tease and it’s a beautiful MLBB kind of pink – but it works really well with a bright orchid and blue eye (no I didn’t get socked in the face LOL…Clinique Purple Pumps shadow and Laura Gellar VooDoo Blue eye rims WOW)

I also picked up Calvin Klein in Naked, BLiss, and Frenzy. Frenzy is a light blue pink but it lightens my lip and also looks great with a smokey eye.

I know you like Fresh SUgar and if you have the Honey one – that is a great nude with some color for me.

I have the two faced la creme but I can’t remember the name, sorry. It’s really nice and who doesn’t love that consistency? mmmm….

Oh, and I don’t have this one yet but UD badass lippie in Liar is pretty nice too.

• 3/27/14 15:57 Isabella Muse:

lol too many shades that are zombie lips for me :-D I like the sounds of that Calvin Klein lippie! must check that out ;-D