Do You Make Funny Faces When Applying Your Makeup?

funny makeup faces

Someone should do a case study on the weird, strange, funny, funky faces we make while applying makeup.

Do you make funny faces when applying your makeup?

I call liar if you say you don’t!

Mine typically consists of an open mouth. I guess I’m trying to multitask by catching flies and applying makeup at the same time. My mouth is open when I apply eyeshadow and mascara. I also tend to lean into the mirror while applying concealer and yet again, my mouth is just wide open.

Does this somehow contribute to better blending? Easier application of mascara? Does consorting my face in weird manners aid my makeup application?

Who the hell knows why we make funny faces when applying makeup but we do.

Do you or don’t you?

I’d be very intrigued by the people who say “Naa I never do that!”

Share what funny faces you make during your makeup application!

• 4/1/14 10:45 Hima:

I feel like all the funny faces are like a default reaction for whatever reason. I don’t do it for eyeshadow, but I used to do it for mascara. I kind of trained myself to stop doing it for mascara. If I used foundation I’d probably do it for that. But doing that for foundation kind of makes sense, so you can get it into all of the places? Who knows!

• 4/1/14 10:53 Isabella Muse:

LOL yeah, that’s what it is, trying to get it into the nooks and crannies so we contort our faces in odd ways hehe!

• 4/1/14 11:51 Fancie:

LOL yes!! Especially when I apply mascara. I’m in the process of training myself to look “normal” for when I venture over to YouTube. I don’t think anyone wants to see my mouth hanging open in every video lmao

• 4/1/14 11:58 Isabella Muse:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed a lot of gurus make some strange faces when applying :-D

• 4/1/14 11:56 Robyn:

Heck yeah I do. And if anyone tells you differently, they’re fibbing. Haha.

• 4/1/14 11:58 Isabella Muse:

hehe!

• 4/1/14 12:11 Karen:

I do. My friends either call it the mirror face or Blue Steel because apparently when I do my makeup I evoke Ben Stiller from Zoolander. Lol.

• 4/1/14 16:35 Isabella Muse:

ha I do blue steel a lot lol! ;-D

• 4/1/14 13:45 Sara Elisabeth:

Haha most girls I know make a duck face just when looking in the mirror alone. I’m guilty of that, but yes I make all kinds of weird faces when doing my make up.

• 4/1/14 14:16 Isabella Muse:

I AM so guilty of duck face in photos and in front of the mirror! awkward!

• 4/1/14 14:12 Majick:

I’m one who trained myself not to make funny faces when putting on Mascara but WHO KNOWS what I do for everything else. LOL SOmetimes we make faces that we don’t even realize we’re making (remember when Mom used to say, “DON’T GIVE ME THAT LOOK!” yep, apparently I had one. LMAO!

• 4/1/14 14:16 Isabella Muse:

LOL!

• 4/1/14 15:25 Kharanya:

I’d like to think I don’t, but a hard lesson from my husband who was goggling at me one day confirmed otherwise LOL. So not hot before date night to get caught looking like an alien baby/weird looking animal.

• 4/1/14 15:42 Isabella Muse:

lol awww

• 4/1/14 16:41 Phyrra:

Haha! yes I do! sometimes it’s even in my videos :P

• 4/1/14 16:43 Isabella Muse:

lol thank god no video to blackmail me with!

• 4/1/14 17:30 Claire:

Yes!!! I do the “mouth hanging open” thing while applying mascara. I also have this super odd habit of scrunching up my face so my septum (nose) ring touches my top lip while I’m doing eye makeup. So bizarre.

• 4/1/14 22:08 Isabella Muse:

that i’d like to see ;D

• 4/2/14 21:07 Ana:

Always!
    Never saw someone that doesn’t.