MAC Set to Launch The Simpsons Inspired Makeup Collection

MAC Cosmetics the Simpsons

A MAC Cosmetics and the Simpsons Makeup Collection? Yup, MAC is set to launch the Simpsons inspired Makeup Collection (or in this case it’s actually Marge Simpson inspired) for Fall 2014.

Nothing against the Simpsons but aside from her bright blue hair how much color can you actually put into a MAC Marge Simpson Collection?

The MAC The Simpsons Collection released news of the collection on instagram promising it to be a collection celebrating everyone’s beloved animated family!

MAC has a collection upcoming with Kelly and Sharon Osbourne in the works and of course, we have the MAC Maleficent Collection to look forward. With comics and toons under their belt like the Archie, Hello Kitty, Wonder Woman Collection, MAC is no stranger to creating fun cosmetic collections that’s for sure. However, the Simpsons are such a hard color palette to work with. Heck for me blue and yellow come to mind only…what else is there!?

But it’ll be interesting to see how MAC spins a Simpsons Makeup Collection.

What do you think?

What colors would you use in a MAC Simpsons Makeup Collection?

Do share!

• 5/6/14 13:06 Clara:

Marge was even a playboy bunny. So I think there won’t be limits to creativeness. Marge shows different faces and reinvents herself, e.g. when she was a bodybuilder ;-)

• 5/6/14 13:08 Isabella Muse:

sure but I’ve never really seen her wearing a ton of makeup even during her reinvention process :) Curious to see what they’ll come up with!

• 5/6/14 13:22 Laura:

Tons of colors come to mind for me other than the yellow!
    Homer’s Blue Pants
    Lisa’s orange dress
    Marge’s lime green dress
    Maggie’s red pacifier
    Ned Flanders dark green sweater

And that’s just some characters. The house has quite a varied color palette, and many of the buildings and other characters have unique color combos that are quite recognizable!

• 5/6/14 13:26 Isabella Muse:

it’s actually inspired by Marge though from my understanding so not sure if all those characters are getting any shades!

• 5/6/14 13:30 Courtney:

I feel like the last couple of years MAC has been kinda blah with their “inspired by” collections. I was completely underwhelmed by the Maleficent collection. Honestly with these types of things I’m completely shallow and basically want amazing packaging. Fingers crossed this one fits the bill.

• 5/6/14 13:45 Chynna:

I’m with Courtney on this one, but I look forward to the first pictures from this collection. I hope it’s not all yellow, blue, and green.

• 5/6/14 13:49 Gillie:

This immediately made me think of the makeup shotgun from episode The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, featuring Homer as an inventor.

• 5/8/14 13:44 Tanya:

That’s the first thing I thought of too!

• 5/10/14 22:59 deathbyjava:

HAHAHA! That was the first thought that popped up in my head too – I thought oh, the world will finally see a makeup gun!

• 5/6/14 13:59 Tamara:

Marges red pearls
    Her hazel eyes
    Marges green dress
    Her signature blue hair

• 5/6/14 14:17 Cindy:

They had a blue lip gloss once called Peacocky. I bet that will be a repromote!

• 5/6/14 14:24 Isabella Muse:

don’t remember the gloss but I remember the sparkle eyeliner named peacocky it was very pretty!

• 5/6/14 14:48 Cindy:

Maybe I’m getting it wrong & Peacocky was the name of the collection & not the gloss.

• 5/6/14 15:38 kimkats:

I’ll bet the foundations are yellow based…. :D

• 5/6/14 16:11 Jordan:

Call me crazy, but Marge Simpson isn’t exactly someone I look to for makeup inspiration.

• 5/6/14 16:30 Robyn:

I dunno…I’m kinda worried about this one…

• 5/6/14 16:31 Fancie:

I’m also curious to see what they come up! I sure hope it’ll be more creative than the Maleficent collection

• 5/6/14 17:23 Meg:

It kinda bugs me that they keep going for characters that don’t wear makeup. If they don’t do something with Ursula soon (my personal fave) I might explode. LOL

• 5/8/14 16:25 Isabella Muse:

LOL ;-D true…Ursula would be amazing! Purple eyeshadow please!

• 5/6/14 22:14 Rachael:

I’m most excited to see the packaging. It has potential to be STUNNING! There better be a blue lipstick too. :)

• 5/7/14 14:07 Chrissie:

I’m not quite sure what kind of color palette they’re going for. Besides the obvious. It might even be like the colors in the lego set (which is very cute by the way). I was looking forward to the Maleficent set, but thank goodness it’s a huge let down for me (so I can save money.) If anything, I look forward to the packaging. I hope they decide to be creative with this one.

• 5/12/14 15:07 Allie:

Does anyone know if there will be special packaging for this collection? I’m hoping mac doesn’t stick with the boring black packaging and uses some of these bright colors and pictures!

• 5/21/14 20:35 Meaghan Monroe:

I take it you haven’t watched most of the episodes. When she dresses up she wears many different shades of lipsticks.

• 5/21/14 21:00 Isabella Muse:

actually I do but she doesn’t technically dress up in every single episode so her standard look isn’t all about makeup! Curious what sort of colors MAC will create for this one.