Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow Dupe for Bare Minerals Well Rested

Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow1

Whoever the genius reader was that said they use Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow under their eyes has my thanks! This is easily a dupe for Bare Minerals Well Rested and it’ll only set you back a mere .99 cents!

Loves!

Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow

Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow

I’ve had Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow in my stash for a while. It’s a creamy beige that’s perfect for natural, nude eyes. This is when Wet n Wild’s formula was actually good because lately I believe their releases have been a bit mediocre. This is soft, silky, blends easily, and wears well for a matte finish. For a buck you can’t go wrong! It’s an essential shade you’ll likely use daily not only for nude looks but also as a soft color wash prior to applying other shades.

Recently, a reader commented and said she sets her concealer with Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow and I did a little head turn. So I hauled it out and gave it a try and it acts almost the same way Bare Minerals Well Rested does, heck, the colors are almost identical as well but Creme Brulee is actually a hint more pigmented. It brightens under my eye very nicely and diffuses the look of dark circles while creating a soft finish under my eyes and setting my concealer for longer wear.

Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow swatches

Wet n Wild Creme Brulee Color Icon Eyeshadow Swatches

Brilliant!

Now you can also use it as you would Well Rested which would be without concealer. So if you have redness, blue-ish circles, and you fall into the fairer range it’ll work great to conceal these issues without the use of concealer. I’m personally a medium fair and find the color works best when I use my own concealer under it.

Overall, I love how I can multitask with this SUPER cheap little eyeshadow.

Try it!

Bet you’ll be surprised how well it works!

Disclosure:

This product was purchased
by the Muse for review purposes.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 5/27/14 13:01 Veronica:

Hmm, I might have to give this a look – even if it doesn’t work for under the eyes, it’s my perfect brow bone neutral. My only concern is that it’ll cause a ghost effect over those of us with very dark circles – I’m an NW10/15, and I find a lot of these products just don’t cut it for those of us with very stained lids and under eye areas.

• 5/27/14 13:04 Isabella Muse:

use your concealer prior Veronica if you’re concerned and just use this to set :)

• 5/28/14 15:47 Veronica:

I think that’s how I probably will use it, thank you. It’s just tricky to make sure it doesn’t get too textured that way. Oh, the trials of the fair. 9_9

• 6/9/14 16:09 Isabella Muse:

good luck!

• 5/27/14 14:10 Christine Joy Luikuo:

This could’ve been a good idea since I have visible blue veins under my eyes but lately I’m having eyelid irritations with eyeshadows and it started with Wet ‘n Wild. So no eyeshadows for the meantime. =((

• 5/27/14 14:27 Isabella Muse:

aw sorry chica! :-/

• 5/27/14 14:19 Phyrra:

I need to try using this to set concealer! Brilliant!

• 5/27/14 14:36 Icequeen81:

Not for under eye circles for me , but neutral bone structure IF i find it here , wich will be a case of a miracle.

• 5/27/14 14:59 Tracy:

This is my HG all over lid color and brow highlight so I have a whole stash of these. I’ll have to give this a try. Great Tip!

• 5/27/14 15:03 Isabella Muse:

not my tip :-D but it sure is a great one let me know if it works for you tracy!

• 5/27/14 16:34 Tousled Elegance:

I’m a very fair neutral girl (a little bit lighter than an NC or NW 15) and this is a perfect color match on me. It also concealed better than, well, concealer :P However… after extended use, I did develop some milia on the undereye area. When I stopped using it, they went away, so… :( I’ll admit though, it worked so well, I still sometimes use it anyway, just not every day anymore. Sidenote: I can’t find ANY Wet-n-Wild eyeshadow singles on the displays at my local CVS or Walgreens anymore. I hope they aren’t being phased out of the line!

• 5/27/14 16:48 Isabella Muse:

oh no milia is the worst! So far so good here! But I’ve def had issues with milia in the past, DermDOCTOR eye cream is fab for it :-D Same here! I got mine at harmons and drugstore.com apparently has tons thankfully! but yeah, kinda sad cvs/walgreens isn’t carrying them!

• 5/28/14 0:36 Xero:

They had been removed from the display at Walgreens and I had a really hard time getting my hands on Brulee for a while, but for the last 2 months or so the singles have actually been reincorporated into the regular display! At least that’s how it’s been in my local Walgreens anyway.

• 5/28/14 15:46 Veronica:

I have milia in my undereye area, too, but I suspect it’s more likely a result of sun damage – it’s so hard to get that area properly sun-protected! How strange that an eyeshadow gave it to you. o_0

I noticed the displays were emptying where I am, too. I suspect WnW did some reformulating because a couple of new glitter shades popped up recently along with the older ones. Maybe you’ll see restock soon?

• 5/27/14 18:24 J:

Ah! I can’t wait to try this! I already own this shade, and it’s my go to matte brow highlight. It would be amazing it this works for me since I’ve been debating a purchase of the well rested for a while. A big thanks to whoever gave u the tip!

• 5/28/14 9:25 Isabella Muse:

j let me know if it works for you :)

• 5/27/14 20:04 Kadie Lee:

I never thought to use this one like that OMG this is genius!

• 5/28/14 9:23 Isabella Muse:

:-D let me know how it works out for you!

• 5/27/14 20:16 Jade:

Interesting! Too bad none of my stores carry their eyeshadow singles :(

• 5/28/14 9:22 Isabella Muse:

Sorry :(

• 5/28/14 0:34 Xero:

Heh, that reader might have been me! I’ve been using this eyeshadow as concealer for more than a year now. On most days I use it by itself but I use it over regular concealer on days I want extra coverage.

• 5/28/14 8:32 Isabella Muse:

YES IT WAS! :-D I couldn’t think who told me Xero! I know I discussed it with you but couldn’t recall the handle! Just checked back and it was indeed you thanks for the hint! worked GREAT! :D

• 6/6/14 19:28 LM:

I tried this cause I figured, only 99 cents, wth… and it works! It’s so silky! I have fair skin and drier eyes too and man it looks good! Thanks for the tip!

• 6/9/14 10:48 Isabella Muse:

yeah happy to hear it LM! :)

• 6/12/14 13:44 AmyBS:

Thank you for this tip! I have using this the past couple weeks and it’s amazing, looks much better than any powder I’ve used, and super cheap!

• 6/12/14 14:01 Isabella Muse:

yay glad to hear it :-D

• 7/5/14 12:59 Mandy:

Thank you so much for this tip, Muse! I always use this over my under eye concealer now. I’ve finally been able to fully coverup my dark circles! I love it!

• 7/7/14 9:44 Isabella Muse:

aw fantastic happy to hear it mandy! :D

• 7/17/14 18:21 Dani:

I’m a powder foundation girl & always struggle with concealer because most of the best-reviewed are cream! I have no idea how to work with that, so I normally just forgo the concealer, but lately I’ve been interested in trying it again – only this time I thought I’d try powder. After some review-checking & googling last night, I went to Ulta today in search of the $15 Well-Rested Trio from BM because I thought it would be a good intro to it, but they were out of stock. I ended up in a Kmart later & remembered this post as I was looking at the WnW stuff! So I picked this up as well as the HD Undereye Setting powder from Elf to try. I haven’t used either on my face yet, but I did swatch Creme Brulee on my hand & it’s a good match for me. So awesome! Thanks for the rec!

• 7/24/14 15:37 Isabella Muse:

yay happy to hear it dani! update me! I’d love to hear if it worked for you!

• 9/22/14 11:00 Susan:

I read this once a long while back and meant to give it a try, but alias had forgotten to do just that. I love this shade for all over eye prep for e/s application. I struggle with under eye darkening from eye drops that treat glaucoma. I need to find a under eye concealer that will cover that darkness without settling into fine lines. Any input from a subscriber would be greatly appreciated. But I will definitely have to give this a try. I need the concealer to not be to thick or drying. Help! Was wondering Muse what your fave under eye concealer is. Thanks all! Maybe I need to find back ups of these little jewels.

• 9/22/14 16:37 Isabella Muse:

hey susan have you tried the new miracle blur from L’Oreal? it’s a new fav of mine and also I love It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer :) it’s super pigmented!