The New Sur.face Pro by Beautyblender

Surface Pro by Beautyblender

The back of my hand is sufficient enough when I realized the Sur.face Pro by Beautyblender would set me back $40! Ouch!

The Sur.face Pro by Beautyblender is a very handy mixing palette the likes of which I’ve seen and have owned before from a variety of Japanese and Korean brands!

However, the prices has me wincing!

The New Sur.face Pro by Beautyblender is a custom mixing palette with five wells and a snap cover. It comes with a spatula and a thumbhole that allows you an easy way to rest the palette on your hand during application.

It’s rather great as you can mix blushes, foundations, concealers, even glosses if you like and apply straight from the palette. Plus the snap lid allows you to keep those mixes safe, secure, and fresh for your next use!

Although common in Asian brands, I’ve yet to see many brands in the US tackle a mainstream mixing palette likt his.

But $40 bucks?

Ouchie!

Loves it but the back of my hand might just do the trick for now and save me some money!

Available now at Sephora and Sephora.com.

Disclosure:

This post contains an affiliate link.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 6/27/14 10:37 breyerchic04:

Umm, I have an artist palette, it cost $2. I think I’ll stick with it.

• 6/27/14 10:41 Isabella Muse:

lol same here, I have a few that I purchased in Taiwan that cost pennies. This is a very nice palette but the price tag is a bit too high!

• 6/30/14 2:00 cat:

I see no reason why you can’t use a regular artist palette. I bought a plastic one for watercolors (I wouldn’t use that one, obviously) with more wells for $5. I do like the idea of using a palette though. I wish I’d thought of doing that with my gel liner so I wouldn’t double dip. Curse limited edition gel liners!

• 6/27/14 15:37 Veronica:

It’s definitely overpriced for what it is, though I feel that way about most of their products. ($20 for a sponge? GTFO) I can see it being very handy for a makeup artist…maybe not so much for an individual, though.

• 6/27/14 20:10 Cookie:

I love my Clinique CC cream but I’m in between shades. I have to mix the light and very light every time and the back of my hand works fine. But it’s better to have a little extra than not enough and I really hate wasting product. Never thought about mixing it ahead. It’d be great for travel. Wouldn’t need to carry two tubes of foundation. This seems a bit steep though. Hmmm.

• 6/27/14 21:35 Al:

Yeah .. really.. $1-2 artist paint palette.. or a plate .. or plasticware if you want to seal it. I personally just use little melamine condiments dishes. I also recommend against putting foundation on the back of hands before putting it on the face, too. It sets into the skin and causes product loss. A little dish will do and cleans up so easy.

• 6/28/14 3:28 Trish:

Yes, a makeup artist may invest in this because of the professional look, but I”ll still use the back of my hand unless I find it at Big Lots later on…lol

• 6/28/14 3:35 Quinctia:

Hmm…I like the design. I’d love something like this for lip tars, since it has wells and closes. But I think I’m gonna look for a dupe. I can’t spend $40 on something I’m going to use as a tool for one product.

• 6/29/14 19:10 shelby:

This is the most overpriced hunk of plastic I’ve seen since the Sigma brush mitt.