Victoria’s Secret Will Stop Carrying Makeup

Victorias Secret Angel Holiday 2013 Collection

Awww with a heavy heart I’m unhappy to share the news that Victoria’s Secret will stop carrying makeup. Don’t get me wrong, Victoria’s Secret Makeup is a hit or miss even but sometimes you come out of the experience with a really nice score!

Plus I admit I really liked the seasonal collections!

Dispatch.com reports, “In order to increase our focus on our fastest-growing, most-profitable businesses, we are exiting some of our non-core apparel categories in (Victoria’s Secret) Direct, as well as Victoria’s Secret Makeup,” Victoria’s Secret CEO Sharen Turney said.

Don’t worry! They will continue to focus on their fragrance collection but unfortunately makeup will begin phasing out and be gone altogether by the new year!

I don’t think by any means in the world was it some of the best makeup around but I really did enjoy the limited edition seasonal collections and of course, the Beauty Rush bits and bobs!

Strange that Victoria’s Secret is phasing out of makeup and so many other brands like Top Shop, H&M, and Forever 21 are looking to expand their makeup collections. I guess there is a market for department store branded makeup.

Will you be said to see Victoria’s Secret Makeup gone from stores?

Or does it not really matter to you?

Do share!

• 6/2/14 9:26 Kimmwc03:

I’m sad to see it go too. I also heard that they are no longer going to sell most clothes (I guess they will still sell Pink clothing).

• 6/2/14 9:43 Isabella Muse:

:( that stinks…!

• 6/2/14 10:30 Mary:

I haven’t used the makeup in a long time so not too upset about that, but relieved to hear they will still have fragrances…I couldn’t live without my “Love Spell!”

• 6/2/14 10:34 Isabella Muse:

me either! I’d die if they dced it :-D

• 6/2/14 10:37 Jilli:

I’m going to really miss their Beauty Rush Lip Stains. They’re richly pigmented, shiny, and long lasting. I guess I need to go buy tubes of all the shades sooner rather than later before they sell out.

• 6/2/14 10:51 Isabella Muse:

I’m kinda hoping they keep on Beauty Rush at the cash reps as they do now as I like the beauty rush stuff!

• 6/2/14 11:22 Sara:

I saw that as well. The clothing being discontinued upsets me more, I really like some of their items! It’s very hit or miss (just like the makeup). I have a few dresses and tops that I love and wear often, but I’ve also returns just as many, if not more, items because they were poor quality or the fit was totally off. The good news is that lots of clothing is on clearance on the website, and you should see a ton of makeup on clearance during the Semi Annual Sale that starts in stores on June 10th.

• 6/2/14 11:24 Isabella Muse:

you cannot wash anything you buy from vs it shrinks crazily :( totally feel you on the hit and miss on the clothes line :-/

• 6/2/14 11:31 kharanya:

Never bought any of their makeup bur I’m so sad about the clothes! I have so much VS tops and sweaters :(

• 6/2/14 11:57 Ash:

This makes me sad & pissed at the same time. I LOVE their makeup collection and always enjoy seeing what new products they have coming out. I’ve also become a huge fan of their Epic Lash Mascara, which I wore over the weekend and received tons of compliments on and now feel like an arse for directing ppl to go to VS to purchase that!! And then you’re telling me no clothes either?! I’m guessing that includes pj’s???

• 6/2/14 12:08 Ash:

Ok, so I just read the article about it and feel better that loungewear is staying. But, still highly bummed over the makeup. I just realized the primer I use everyday is from VS!

• 6/2/14 13:06 Adia:

THANK THE LORD that Beauty Rush is staying! I got confirmation from the company. Only the VS line is going. Beauty Rush has got to be one my favorite lip glosses! Considering that H&M and Forever 21 products are made in China, the VS line is probably the best store branded line there is out there right now. I do not give cosmetics made in China the time or day. Again, Beauty Rush is my favorite, so I’m not too mad.

• 6/2/14 13:16 Isabella Muse:

oh my gosh thank GOD that’s awesome news :-D

• 6/2/14 13:24 Vanessa:

I work for Victoria’s Secret and our Beauty Rush line is staying! It’s currently on promo right now too! Buy 2 Get 2 Free :)

• 6/2/14 13:31 Isabella Muse:

fantastic :D

• 6/2/14 14:22 Adia:

Vanessa- will there be new ones after SAS?

• 6/2/14 14:16 Carolina:

I LOVED their makeup because every time I went to the US I bought a ton of cheap glosses, blushes, liners and stuff to give to familiy and friends…
    People loved it, after all, the makeup isn’t available in Brazil and they always had cute packaging (besides the branded appeal “oh look, I have a VS gloss” went my 15 year old cousins to their friends! haha).

• 6/2/14 15:15 Isabella Muse:

awww too cute carolina :)

• 6/2/14 14:31 Adrienne:

I was never one to buy their makeup-but like you Muse I would indulge in some of the seasonal collections. One of the girls told me back in March they were discontinuing the makeup and at that time it was all 30% off and she said by the time the semiannual came around there might not be anything left so I grabbed 2 of the spring eye pallets and I think it has a blush underneath it and also one mascara they told me was very close to MAC each were about $12.00 but I haven’t tried them yet.

• 6/2/14 15:16 Isabella Muse:

I hope they are lovely Adrienne! :-D I hope I can score during semi-annual but you’re right it either goes too fast or it is ruined :(

• 6/2/14 17:47 Tanya:

I have mixed feelings about this. Just like alot of other people, I liked the Beauty Rush line and some of the limited edition stuff. But at the same time I can’t tell you how many times I went to VS to buy a bra and instead left with $30 or more worth of makeup that I really didn’t need and still no new bra. So I’m starting to really like stores that just focus on one type of product.

• 6/3/14 0:55 Jamie:

The only reason I’m upset over this is because their highligher in Fixation is AMAZING! I’m def gonna have to pick up more of that. Other wise I’ve never been drawn to it much. After convincing myself I need overpriced Pink sweat pants, the last thing I waanna do is buy their overpriced makeup. haha. I love VS, but lets be real, the price does not always match the quality.

• 6/3/14 1:00 Jamie:

Actually! I just realized my first lipstick was a discontinued VS lipstain and it was the best stain i’ve ever used. Me and my best friend still compare stains to that one and nothing compares. That was 6 years ago! *Sigh* I take back what I said about not being sad.

• 6/3/14 7:39 Bex:

As a tourist visiting the US, I didn’t really get the VS makeup range. The stands were messy with testers everywhere and the products were expensive.
    Their body spritz stuff is huge in the UK and sells for like $30 here.

• 6/3/14 20:39 Jackie:

It’s sad and disappointing to hear that VS will no longer carry makeup…and now, clothes as well?? Their makeup was cute and fun and sometimes they had some really good products (I like their lipsticks and some of the eyeshadow palettes). I looked forward to seeing some of their seasonal releases. As for their clothes, they carry some really cute clothes that I’ve bought over the years (usually on sale or clearance) but have to admit that their sizing can be really off from one item to the next and that their clothes are pretty expensive for the quality offered. I hope they don’t discontinue their pj’s and yoga pants too…:(

• 6/3/14 23:50 zFashionizta:

I have not purchased any makeup at Victoria’s Secret since they stopped selling name brand cosmetics. When I am in the store I always check them out because I’m attracted to the packaging but in my opinion VS Cosmetics are too sparkly/glittery/frosty, overpriced cheap Cosmetics.