3 Step French Manicure Tutorial

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit3

What? Only 3 Steps to create a French manicure? Betcha think I’m lying. And since I’m so not a nail girl the idea of actually doing a French manicure in even one step scares me. Someone hold me!

But it’s true, you can get a sophisticated French manicure with the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Kit for as little as ten bucks and it includes everything you’ll need to create your look!

First things first prep your hands well prior to applying any product!

Start by soaking your hands, drying them, smoothing a little Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil oil or cream on your cuticles, and pushing them back using the Sally Hansen’s Push-n-Trim Cuticle Pusher . I find closely clipped nails are easier for me to work with so I use a Sally Hansen’s Clean Cutt Nail Clipper to snip my nails down to a nice oval shape that isn’t overly long and makes for a perfect shape for my French manicure.

Sally Hansen Nail Tools

Now here comes the easy part!

The Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit includes an easy to use white tip pen along with easy peel and stick tips for shaping your manicure. It also has a soft shade of ballet pink Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Color in Beige Ballet and Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base & Top Coat.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit1

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit2

First I paint my nails with the soft shade of pink included in the kit and give them a moment to dry. I apply a second layer soon after and again let them dry. I can’t stress enough that you really want your nails to be dry before following up with the next step so be sure to give them time to completely dry.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit6

Next you want to apply one of the French manicure stickers to the tip of your nail. You’ll be using it as a guide to create the white portion of the nail look. Now twist the French Manicure Pen to allow polish to flow through and use it on the tips of your nails! Follow the nail guard as it’ll prevent you from applying polish you don’t need it. Allow it to dry and peel off the nail guards.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit4

Now just apply a bit of the top coat for shine and you’re ready to go!

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit5

Done!

That was painless wasn’t it?

I love the idea of a kit that has everything I need to create the look plus it’s so easy my cat is likely able to do a Ffrench manicure on herself. Hey if I can do it, anyone can do it!

The Sally Hansen Diamond Strength French Manicure Pen Kit, as well as the range of Sally Hansen tools I used to create my look are available now at Target.

How do you create the perfect French manicure?

Any shades of polish you rely on to create the look?

Or do you prefer a bolder nail look?

Do share!

Disclosure:

This is a sponsored post.
Read my full disclosure statement here.

• 7/1/14 12:50 Powell:

Mmmm. I may have to try this. I do a very good French w/Essie Marshmallow and any French Tip nail polish and nail guards and it looks great but I’d like to try this to see how using a pen will be. Thks. 😊 💅

• 7/1/14 13:23 Isabella Muse:

I’m awful at any nail art so this is epic for me to actually be able to do haha!

• 7/1/14 14:00 Joelle:

Test comment

• 7/1/14 14:04 Joelle:

Another test comment.

• 7/1/14 14:05 Joelle:

Another another test comment.

• 7/1/14 14:31 Sara:

How many of the nail stickers does the kit come with? I’ve managed to free hand my french manicures before with gel polish (painting my nails since age 10 has given me skill with both hands, lol). I’ll do the base color first and cure it with the light, and then do the french tips. I clean up with a paint brush dipped in nail polish remover and it works pretty well. It’s a long process though so I rarely do it. Stickers sound much easier and I don’t have to use gel!

• 7/1/14 14:41 Isabella Muse:

don’t quote me because it seems like more but I believe it is 30 of them!

• 7/1/14 15:31 Sara:

Thanks dear! That’s a decent amount. I’ll check them out!

• 7/1/14 15:40 Isabella Muse:

:) my pleasure!

• 7/1/14 15:01 Kimmwc03:

Good job! I like it.

I usually save French Manicures for special occassions and I go to a salon to have it done. Most of the time I am wearing greens, blues, metallics or purples on my nails.

• 7/1/14 15:07 Isabella Muse:

thanks chica :-D most times I don’t bother doing my hails haha I’m a biter :D

• 7/1/14 22:24 Quinctia:

I’ve seen that kit, and I thought it was interesting! I find that nail guides aren’t much help for me, unfortunately. I’ve had more luck with some fine, cheap nail brushes. (I got a set off of amazon or ebay.) I’ll use one for painting the tips, and another with some acetone to clean up.

I also find it easier to help cover slight mistakes to start with the tip color, do clean up, and then cover the whole nail with a sheer color. The last time I did a french, I went with black(ish) tips: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Black Tie, and then I covered it with Orly Love Each Other.

• 7/2/14 8:56 Isabella Muse:

I’m a little scared my hand isn’t steady enough to create a fine line with a brush! I admire you free handing it! oo I love that combo!!!!

• 7/2/14 8:56 Linda:

“So easy my cat is likely to do a french manicure on herself.” :). That’s it. I’m buying this!!

• 7/2/14 9:08 Isabella Muse:

haha!

• 7/3/14 1:15 Raincouver Girl:

I’ve been tempted to try a French manicure kit, but I figure I’d always run out of stickers before I run out of polish! Plus I’m usually too lazy to fiddle with stickers. Lately I’ve just been doing the tips freehand, then I clean it up with nail polish remover, and do the sheer pink/nude on top.

• 7/7/14 15:22 Isabella Muse:

haha I hear ya! :-D I wish I could free hand it but my hands start to shake if I try!