Those who want a taste of high Japanese makeup brushes will adore the newest collaboration between the legendary Hakuho-Do makeup brush craftsmen and Sephora. The hakuho-do + Sephora Pro Brush Collection for Fall 2015 is a collection of five synthetic makeup brushes created with a soft cashmere that a soft, fluffy texture. The brushes absorb less product than natural hair brushes which means more of your makeup ends up on your face or eyes versus being absorbed into the bristles of the brush you apply it with.
Sephora Pro Makeup Brush Collection is already teaming with incredible offerings that are par with some of the best mid and high range brushes I’ve had the pleasure of using. Many Sephora Pro Brushes are favorites of mine and made with sturdy handles, excellent quality bristles that are soft and shed free, and come in an extensive variety for face, eyes, and lips.
This first ever collaboration between Hakuho-do and Sephora results in a gorgeous selection of brushes that use a 200 year old manufacturing technique and high quality design materials!
The hakuho-do + Sephora Pro Brush Collection includes:
- Kusabi Wedge Sloping Powder Brush (Kusabi): A large angled powder brush with a brand-new shape developed by the Sephora Pro team for the self-application of powder, bronzer, or for neck shading.
- Otsubu Large Teardrop Pointed Powder Brush (Otsubu): A large pointed powder brush to apply powder, contour, or bronzer.
- Kotsubu Small Teardrop Pointed Highlighter (Kotsubu): A revolutionary medium-point highlighter brush for precision contouring and highlighting.
- Ougi Fan Cheek Brush (Ougi): A universal blush brush to apply blush, contour, or for a natural, no-makeup look.
- Kusuriyubi Angled Concealer Brush (Kusuriyubi): A multitasking brush with angled shape for allover eye shadow, cream eye shadow, undereye concealer, and highlighting.
I love how East is meeting West lately in all the beauty and makeup offerings I’m seeing. The Eastern market is influencing the Western one in a major way lately and that’s a very exciting evolution in makeup.
In particular, the hakuho-do + Sephora Pro Brush Collection is an exciting launch that brings excellent Japanese craftsmanship to the world of Sephora!
The hakuho-do + Sephora Pro Brush Collection for Fall 2015 is available now at Sephora.com.