Crabtree & Evelyn filed for bankruptcy on Wednesday making it the latest to succumb to the poor economy.
Read ahead for the details!
The company currently operates 126 stores in 24 states and employs around 950 people. Although they are filing bankruptcy they are not going completely out of business but will be reorganizing the way they do business which will include closing several stores.
Crabtree & Evelyn is a specialty shop and with larger offerings from stores such as Bath and Body Works offering items at a cheap price it must be difficult to keep business up. I’m saddened to hear this news and have hopes with time the company will prosper once again. Source
Only Lush would think it would be a good idea to combine oregano with rose. Is it me or does that somehow remind you of pizza for some odd reason or another?
Lush 13 Soap is a mix of rose and oregano and gets it’s name from a 1931 film about soap. I looked that up and didn’t see anything about it but I think I’d love a movie about soap…or cosmetics…or shower gels…hmmmm.
Lush 13 Soap is made with oregano because it supposedly kills MRSA bacteria, I dunno about that but from what I’m hearing from Lush fans it smells heavenly. But do go right ahead and count me skeptical…I’m still thinking pizza…must be the oregano.
It’s available now from Lush UK and soon after I’m sure it’ll come visit our side of the pond where we can enjoy it with pizza.
If you could create a Lush soap what ingredients would you use?
Although we hear constant promises of the rise of the economy it still remains pretty much down in the dumps. A holiday at this point might not be what your wallet is ready for so check out a few indulgences for spicing up your makeup and bath and body regime that bring the feel of a tropical island right to your front door without ever having to step on a plane, ship, or train to get there!
Click for it!
A few fast picks from Philosophy that I simply adore to get me all Summer’ed up!
1. Philosophy The Supernatural Mineral Blush Duo ($25 from Philosophy) I got this duo about two years ago or so and even when I wasn’t bronzing mad I was loving it. It’s made up of a dusky shade of pink and a brown bronzer that create just the right contrast of pink with bronze to get cheeks glowing like you’ve just stepped off a yacht that was cruising around Saint-Tropez (No one will be the wiser, promise!).
2. Philosophy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in Melon Daiquiri and Senorita Margarita ($16 Each from Philosophy) While enjoying that mind trip around Saint-Tropez you’ll want to get your drink on. Indulge in a Melon Daiquiri from Philosophy to make your shower fresh and fruity with the sweetness of melon, strawberry, and hints of banana! After that Melon Daiquiri we won’t hold you harmless if you’d like to follow it up with a Margarita, Senorita! Senorita Margarita is one of my very favorite gels from Philosophy as it has such a cool, effervescent scent that’s sure to make your long, hot Summer go by fairly quickly, nothing better than wasting away in Margaritaville.
3. Philosophy Coconut Frosting Salt Scrub ($25 from Philosophy) Nothing speaks Summer like fresh coconut! Scrub away rough elbows and knees with a luxurious coconut frosting scented scrub from Philosophy. It’s almost as good as being on a tropical island and besides you can’t get this good a scrub from mere beach sand!
A few fab makeup finds for bringing the tropics to your face!
3. Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer ($30 from Lorac) Baked to pure perfection this beautiful bronzer has swirls of shimmering gold and bronze for that tropical look that you’re gagging for! I promise a review is on the horizon.
4. DuWop Sundrops Bronzing Serum ($28 from DuWop) This one is all about a no nonsense application and currently topping my wish list! A pump or two and you’ll be sporting the sun on your face in a flash.
6. Guerlain Terracotta Blush and Sun ($41 from Sephora) My absolute favorite blush for a touch of Summer on my face! Total Muse Approval for purchase, get it now though before it’s gone for good.
7. Stila Convertiable Color Duo Marigold ($25 from Sephora) Two shades of golden brown will have you looking fit and golden with this slick little compact. Sweat proof and warm weather proof you’ll be sporting a healthy tan with a quick swipe. But buyer beware, use a tiny bit, otherwise you may be sporting that strange Oompa Loompa glow!
8. Lancome Elephant Bronzer Powder ($36.50 from Sephora) A fond favorite from last year this bronzer gives just the right glow so you can ahead and indulge and pretend you spent 8 hours at the beach instead of the office!
Tropical Lips? Sure! These balms and glosses will whisk you away to an exotic island!
1. Margarita Bloom Carlotta Colada and Beach Bunny Kisses Lip Balm ($8.50 Each from Margarita Bloom) Bring the tropics to your lips with two tasty treats for your lips!
2. The Body Bakery Sun Off A Kiss ($5 Each from The Body Bakery) With a blend of SPF 15 and flavors like Chilled Sunshine (Cool Peppermint mixed with Italian Lemon Ice Yum!) these balms are sure to keep your lips smooth and smooch ready.
3. on10 Disney Watermelon Lip Balm ($5 from Sephora) Fruity watermelon with a twist of SPF to keep your lips in tip, top shape!
4. Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Lip Shine ($12 from Sephora) Nothing feels more tropical than a daiquiri by the pool side. Philosophy has you covered with this fruity gloss!
5. Beautiful Twists by Ella Dean Cherry Vanilla Lip Conditioner ($3.49 from Etsy) Ella Dean has the best balms hands down! Cherry Vanilla isn’t exactly tropical but it sure does sound lovely on a warm day!
6. DuWop Iced Teas ($19 from DuWop) Light, refreshing, and cool this lip treatment will keep your lips gorgeous all through the warm weather!
Smell Summer like and tropical with a few of my fab favs from the fragrance counter!
1. Summer by Kenzo ($72 from Kenzo) The heat from Summer is captured in this unique fragrance. Guaranteed to whisk you away to a secluded beach on a warm, balmy day!
2. Bathed and Infused Perfume in Fantasy Island and Flip Flop ($9.15 Each from Bathed and Infused) With plenty of blends to choose from you can customize your fragrance experience with these little parfumes from Bathed and Infused. My favs? Fantasy Island…mmm tanning oil! And Flip Flop, an effervescent blend of tropical fruits!
3. Ile de Tahiti Eau de Toilette Coconut Vanille ($19.50 from Bath and Body Works) With a blend of coconut and vanilla I’m picturing a tropical island right now…what do you think?
4. Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Body Spray ($12 from Bath and Body Works) Put the lime in the coconut and shake it up!
Hey, if you’re not heading away this season there isn’t any reason you can’t indulge in one or two of these items! You’ll be left feeling spoiled and content all through the Summer with a little loving from any number of tropical treats to choose from!
Let me know what tropical beauty finds you’ve indulged in this Summer!
If you’re looking for some fab finds to get your body beautiful for the Summer do click ahead to enjoy a slew of scrubs, shower gels, lotions, and potions to spoil yourself with this Summer. All of ’em are on the Muse’s Summer Must Have list!
Get your body beautiful!
It’s no secret I like minty products. Anything that smells like mint you can count me in. It’s particularly nice in Summer when you’re taking a shower and enjoying a minty body wash or a shampoo as it gives you that cooling, tingling sensation to keep you nice and cool while the weather is humid and hot! Check out some of my fav minty pics for Summer!
What Lush Says About It: A Revitalizing mint, scape stimulating minty and a bit more mint just to make sure! Shampoo to refresh your head and put a bit of life back into your hair. Wash, Rinse. And that’s about it!
What the Muse Says About It: Minty spearmint refreshes your hair and scalp with a burst of coolness that rinses a long day of hot Summer right out of your hair!
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Hair Mint-Infused Shampoo and Conditioner (Two for $10 at Bath and Body Works)
What They Say About It: Mint Infused shampoo and conditioner for all hair types to leave hair shiny and manageable while imparting moisture and nourishment. Formulated with invigorating Peppermint, this replenishing hair treatment energizes hair while leaving it refreshed and healthy.
What The Muse Says About It: A cooling blast of peppermint tingles through your scalp while getting hair clean and soft! Love that burst of crisp coolness on a humid morning! Just the ticket to get me to wake up.
What They Have To Say About It: A fabulous body wash cocktail with pineapple and ginseng for soft, hydrated skin. This richly lathering shower syrup leaves skin clean, smooth, and silky. Best of all, the pineapple, coconut fragrance will turn your shower into a vacation. Escape!
What The Muse Says About It: Pina Colada just spells Summer! This one is a true treat for the shower. Syrup is a great way to explain it as the formula is such a rich, ooey, gooey texture that softens my skin and scents it with the luscious, juicy smell of pineapples with a hint of coconut. Yum!
Johnson’s SoftWash 2-in-1 Shower and Shave Moisturizing Wash (Available at drugstores $4.99 USD
What They Have To Say About It: A body wash that combines gentle cleansing and smoothing saving in the shower. This new body wash works in two ways to leave skin cleansed, moisturized, and bath smooth after saving.
What The Muse Says About It: Mmmm! A bright, fresh scent that creates luxurious lather in my shower. It makes me smell fresh and clean plus it gets my entire body soft and silky smooth. And hey it double tasks as a shaving agent plus did I mention it’s cheap as day old chips?
Tame the locks I say. Humidity sets in and frizz follows after. If you happen to need a bit and a bob to keep your hair in place and together check out my pick for keeping Summer out of your hair.
What They Say About It: Soothing fragrance awakens your senses. Skin is revitalized with a refreshing herbal cleanser infused with carefully selected plants and herb essences.
What The Muse Says About It: Bloom Bath and Body products have been on my shelves for a very long, long time. Energy happens to be my favorite scent from Bloom and utterly Summer friendly with it’s crisp, herbal citrus scent it’s a sure favorite. I just wish Bloom wasn’t so bloody difficult to locate!
What They Have To Say About It: A Super Gloss-Giving Radiance and Repair Mask Treatment for All Hair Types that leaves hair smooth and shiny while coating and controlling split ends.
What The Muse Says About It: It has that signature Soap & Glory scent that I so dearly love and it keeps the frizz right out of my hair, ’nuff said.
Everyone wants beach hair but some of us just want to keep the beach (and possibly the pool) out of our hair. Check out my picks for keeping your hair squeaky clean after days of laze at the pool and at the beach!
What They Have To Say About It: New life affirming shampoo for more shine that you thought possible. Dull hair turns into traffic stopping shiny, silky hair with a formula featuring raw salt, seaweed, and lime juice.
What The Muse Says About It: If you want your hair to whistle after you clean you’d best try out Lush Big. This is possibly the best clarifying treatment you’ll ever come across in this life and your next. But please, if you dye your hair, beware!
What They Have to Say About It: Specially enhanced triple strength conditioner. Seamlessly combines soya milk, yoghurt, and fresh melon. Tempting to use a handful so do it!
What The Muse Says About It: Let me tell you after using Big you’ll need a healthy dose of Retread to get locks back in the calm. This super conditioner makes hair soft, manageable, and fresh smelling! Lush Curly Wurly Shampoo ($19.50 USD from Lush)
What They Have To Say About It: Absolutely Gorgeous Coconut and Vanilla Conditioning Shampoo. To control thick, curly hair and make it soft, shiny, and smooth this deeply moisturizing, emollient shampoo is made of 15% coconut!
What The Muse Says About It: Curly locks? No problem, your solution awaits you with a tub of Curly Wurly. Adds just enough weight to hair to keep curls soft, smooth, and frizz free plus it has chunks and chunks of shredded coconut…doesn’t coconut so remind you of Summer?
Your legs and arms aren’t hiding away anymore. Summer is here and your skin is on display alot more. You’ll need a scrub or two and a good moisturizer to keep all those rough bits smooth and soft! Check out my favs!
Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub ($16.99 USD from Target)
What They Have To Say About It: Use Sugar Crush in the shower once, twice, or three times weekly depending on your scaliness (make it four if you’ve ever been labeled old lizard legs!).
What The Muse Says About It: Smells just like a cool 7-Up! Fresh, Crisp, and Effervescent this scrub gets rough bits smooth and silky once again! When can we have a matching body lotion S&G?
Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter ($14.99 from Target)
What They Have To Say About It: A body moisturizing formula so virtuous you might swear you’re wearing velvet.
What The Muse Says About It: Hey kids! It smells like that great Soap and Glory scent…need I say more? Ok, ok I’ll say more. Thick, creamy, and moisturizing, now I really need not say more, you get it.
We all like to smell sweet and pretty but how about our hair? It’s just as important isn’t it? Try out my top pick to get locks smelling sweet!
Make Me Smooth Make My Hair Smell Deelish Perfume Detangling Mist for Hair (Available from Make Me Smooth for $9.99)
What They Have To Say About It: This refreshing Body & Hair mist is super duper for leaving the body fresh, and amazing at detangling the hair. Leaves your skin and hair lightly scented after a shower or bath.
What The Muse Says About It: It’s customizable! Available in over 100 different scents, god I love variety. Plus you can use it on hair and body, god I love multitasking products! What more does one need? My favs? Snowcakes, a Lush Snowcake dupe and Georgia’s A Peach, sweet, juicy peach scent!
Mmm swine flu. It somehow woke the world up to the evolution of washing your hands. The Muse is a chronic hand washer already but thankfully the rest of the population is finally catching up. Check out my pick for getting my hands nice and clean!
Soap and Glory Wash Your Hands Of It ($9.99 USD from Target)
What They Have To Say About It: Shea butter and silky soft liquid hand wash with soothing lime tree blossom and a built-in skin conditioner!
What The Muse Says About It: You know the drill….it smells like Soap and Glory…shrug…sorry it’s true.
Check below for my favorite picks to get feet in shape for sandals this Summer!
Frills Hey, Sugar Pineapple Sugar Hand and Foot Scrub
What They Have To Say About It: Who knew the pineapples and sugar cane of Hawaii could be this good for your hands and feet. Blended into this moisturizing gel scrub, they’re the ultimate exfoliating treat for smooth, sweet hands and feet!
What They Muse Has To Say About It: It’s cheap and it comes in single packs! 50 cents per a pack baby! w00t! Check your local drugstores for these as they are normally on end caps (or on Evil-bay too in lots of 3 or more). At 50 cents they are a steal plus it’s a slice and use packet which can be tossed after use. No mess, no fuss, just goodness for getting feet into tip top shape for your flip flops!
Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer ($5.49 USD At Drugstore.com)
What They Have To Say About It: 4 in 1 Cleanses, exfoliates, massages and moisturizes with glycerin, olive oil, shea butter, and eucalyptus.
What I Have To Say About It: Oh hai cheapness! This cheap little foot scrubber is ideal for getting feet in fine form for the warm weather. Simply wet the sponge to release a cream lather and begin scrubbing the bottom of feet and heels. Gets them super smooth, super fast!
Time to shave the legs. You may have been hiding your hairy legs under heavy jeans and sweats this Winter but now it’s time to get rid of that fuzz. Check out one of my top picks for getting the closest shave this season!
Rolling Razor Pomegranate Shaving Cream ($8.95 USD at Rolling Razor)
What They Have To Say About It: Underarm irritation is a thing of the past. Our saving cream is hands down the softest and creamiest on the market. Formulated with antioxidant-rich pomegranate, one of nature’s oldest anti-aging resources, the Rolling Razor Shaving Cream later leaves even the difficult skin soft and silky smooth
What The Muse Says About It: Fruity and lush this luxurious shaving cream makes my legs silky smooth and gives me an incredibly smooth shave. Likey!
Top picks for Summer scents? I has ’em! Check below to see what fragrances I adore for Summer!
What They Have To Say About It: Never one to get lost in the crowd, G leads her crew in a white, corseted top and a blue miniskirt á la Alice in Wonderland. Quirky, unique, and undeniably cool, G is the leader of the pack. Her scent is an oriental, fruity, gourmand fragrance with notes of fresh coconut, jasmine, and cotton woods.
What They Muse Says About It: A blend of hot coconut with hints of fruit, jasmine, and just a touch of musk make G my very favorite Summer blend. It simply smells like Summer and the beach.
What They Have To Say About It: Sex on the Beach Cocktail, a sensory sensation; an inviting and refreshing combination of Vodka, unsweetened Pineapple Juice, a touch of Raspberry liquor, a hint of Melon liquor and a splash of Cranberry.
What The Muse Says About It: Pineapples, raspberry, melon, and a certain tart twang make this scent ideal for Summer time lovin’!
What They Have To Say About It: This freshly scented Eau de Parfum is inspired by our most-loved, favorite original formulary, Lemon Body Cream. The pure, sparkling Lemon fragrance blends effervescent citrus notes with green lemon leaves and sensual, creamy undertones of warm white musk.
What The Muse Says About It: Even though the scent fails to last more than two hours this parfum is making it’s way to my top Summer pick this year. The crisp, refreshing, fruity yet tart blend of lemons is enough to make any girl happy. Love, love, love it!
These are just a few of my favorites for getting my body beautiful this Summer season. They are all currently topping my favorite list and items that I use daily. Lord knows it’s difficult weeding through a sea of product and latching on to a favorite but these are definitely making a guest starring appearance on my Summer Must Have List.
Philosophy you think I’m wonderful? No, no you are!
I’m always quite found of raving about how far Philosophy has come with it’s 3-in-1 Shower Gel range. It’s gotten so much better over the years and they continue to absolutely floor me with brand new scents that I have to collect!
Check out their newest collection available exclusively at Nordies below!
Philosophy I Think You Are Wonderful Gift Set is a set of 2, 8oz bottles of Philosophy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in the scents mandarin orange and cherry. Omg! Cherry! I want cherry! After I got done getting all excited about cherry scented shower gel I proceeded to run around and think of how great it would be mixing cherry AND orange in the shower. Mmmm fruity!
Philosophy I Think You Are Wonderful Gift Set is available now from Nordstrom for $24 USD.
The Muse wants it please so she can feel all wonderfuls!