Check out a round up of shadows and swatches to compliment your Summer tan and feel free to add some of your favorites in the comment box!
Summer is here and if you’re a sun seeker these five shadows should compliment your toasty warm skin this season!
MAC Soft Force
Velvety with a slight twinkle, MAC Soft Force is a smooth, buttery yellow that will work lovely on lightly tanned skin for a soft focus on lids.
Bare Escentuals Glimspe in Mai Tai
Soft burnt orange has a slight sparkle finish and is ideal for a soft wash of color on lids or buildable for a more fiery sunset eye look!
Benefit Velvet Eyehsadow in Bikini Line
Considering it has bikini in the title already that must mean it’s worthy of your Summer tan! With a soft, velvety smooth finish, Bikini Line is a subtle kiss of pastel yellow that will compliment a soft tan.
Urban Decay Baked Eyeshadow
Urban Decay Baked is one a flattering shade for Fall or Summer. Bold penny bronze will make a darker tan or skin tone pop with a highly pigmented, shimmery finish. Baked puts the “b” in bold!
Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Hot Ginger
If it’s inexpensive you crave try out Beauty Rush Wet Dry Eye Shadow in Hot Ginger to light up your eyes and freshly tanned skin with a subtle glow of bronze and sparkle!
Somehow, someway MAC Lipgloss wiggled it’s way into my heart. My first try with MAC gloss was a nightmare and I ended up hating it for ever after because of the terribly sticky, tacky formula. As you know I’ve since made peace with the formula and even give it props for being tacky enough to stay in place for hours at a time.
I’m now the pride owner of one too many MAC lip glosses. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Who knows but the fact remains I can’t get enough of them and I look forward to new shades with each release.
Check out my list below fro 10 MAC Lip Gloss shades I think you should own or at least consider adding to your collection!
MAC glosses come and go through my life as collections release. The shades you see above are ones that stick out in my mind and I consider favorites! The Muse thinks you should think about adding one or two of these colors to your collection, loves ’em!
Anyone own any of these shades?
What are some MAC gloss shades that stick out in your mind?
Tell the Muse!
The weather isn’t quite right yet for the beach or the pool sigh. If you live in New York you’ll understand exactly what I mean as it’s not much of a Summer here in the Big Apple. However, this doesn’t stop me from thinkin’ up what I need for my beach bag or in my case pool bag as the Muse doesn’t do the beach to well (seaweed, sand, eek!).
So here’s a few items that are making a starring appearance inside my beach bag this Summer!
Everyone wants beach hair, everyone. Tousled, windblown locks that are soft, seductive, and sexy. Indeed, beach hair is where it’s at! A great item to toss in your beach bag for a full head of alluring hair would be Philip B Maui Wowie Beach Mist, smells just like tropics plus I just really dig on the name.
When you’re at the beach or pool you want clean, natural makeup that wears well and wears long. Morgen Schick Cheek and Lip Stain is my go to for long wearing color on my cheeks which is waterproof and incredibly flattering for a sunkissed glow!
If you’re at the beach and you’ve SPF’ed yourself to death as is the Muse’s routine you probably won’t get much of a tan but you can flatter your pale white skin with hints of iridescent pink on face, eyes, and cheeks with a dollop of Eyeko Cream!
Tarte 24/7 Lip Sheers used to be my all time favorite lip treatment. Don’t overlook these little tubes of pigmented joy for a Summer lip look that’s natural and laced with SPF.
Keep your hair conditioned and protected from the sun with Blossom Under Cover Conditioning Mist with SPF. Frizz be gone!
Eyeko Face Off Wipes aren’t great for removing a full load of face makeup but they are nice for toting around in your purse and freshening up your face with. Each box contains 10 individually wrapped wipes!
A little touch up of cooling mist for your face is always a pleasure when sitting out in the hot sun. Pack up some Evian Mist in the travel friendly can to mist your skin with to keep it fresh and dewy!
I’m the first one to admit that Loccitane Citrus Verbena Summer Fragrance tends to not linger very long however I find that in the Summer heat it manages to give off a very subtle, fresh lemony scent that I find rather ideal for beach or pool lazying!
Give your face a kiss of sun with Eyeko Face Tint! Amps up your Summer tan or gives your pale white skin a touch of Summer sun.
Hope you enjoyed my picks for hauling in my beach bag this Summer!
What are some items you stash in your beach bag?
Tell the Muse!
Ahhh eye shadow. Bless be the woman who created eye shadow! The Muse has plenty of shades she loves.
Find out 10 she possibly couldn’t live without by clicking below!
Urban Decay Eye Shadow in Maui Wowie and Midnight Cowboy, these are golden, they shimmer, they contain heaps and heaps of sparkle, and I love ’em. Can’t do without, no way, no how.
long since gone but big enough to last me into my next life! Swirling shades of beautiful maroon, red, hints of shimmering orange and gold…you get the point? Love!
I’ve done an ode to MAC FireSpot
prior to this but it’s worth speaking of my great love again. Bright pigmented fiery orange, indeed it’s love!
Milani Runway Eyes
in Beach Sand is full of shimmery gold, I see a trend developing. Best shadow that Milani carries, hands down. It’s Summer right? So sportin’ this all through those long, hot days!
ALL of the Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eye Shadows
are to die for but the soft pink allure and shimmer of Ballet holds the Muse’s heart.
I remember my rave about Napoleon Eye Patrol in Private Angel
when my blog was still new, not alot has changed in regards to my feelings for this shadow. Again, another shimmering shade of gold and oh so pretty!
I’ve been known to get excited about Vincent Longo Wet Diamond Eye Shadow. Verite is my fav shade from the collection, believe me I have ’em all! Deepest army green around with plenty of sparkle.
B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful in Burke is always my fav eye shadow wash. Shimmering white makes the perfect prep for my bolder shadow shades!
Mattese N.Y.C. Shadow Dust in Queen is not only cheap as day old chips but gorgeous. The deepest shade of turquoise this Muse has ever had the pleasure of owning!
Those are my 10 Eye Shadows I can’t leave without! What are some of yours?
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ’em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!