Beauty Bits & Bobs
One of my favorite bloggers, BritishBeautyBlogger
, has reported that Stila is officially pulling out of the UK. Seems Stila has been pulling the plug on most of the European markets and Asian ones for now. I imagine as they rebuild you may see them pop up again on your shores but for now it seems it’s become more and more exclusive to US shores.
How do you feel about Stila possibly not being available in your country?
Will you miss it?
Tell the Muse!
If you’re heading to CVS this weekend you can take this little coupon with you. Click it, Print it, and Save $5 off your $30 purchase.
It’s good until Monday!
Although Aquafina Facial Spray
is WAY cheaper, the Muse still has a soft spot in her heart for Evian Mineral Water Spray!
They say Demi Moore buys this stuff by the case, I could probably relate as it’s super good. Whether you want it to cool off in the Summer or you’re using it to tone your face, Evian Mineral Water Spray def appeals. One thing about this is it never dries my face out. It simply delivers a delicate blast of cooling mineral water onto my skin that aids my moisturizer to absorb easier which in turn allows my foundation to apply flawlessly. It’s pretty much a multitasking product as people use it to tone with, use it to cool off with on warm day, or even use it to set makeup!
As I said it’s not the cheapest option around but it is one of the few that works, simply, easily, without any fanfare.
Loves it. That is all.
How about you?
Is Evian Mineral Water Spray a Summer Must Have?
Using something else to tone with?
Do tell me about it!
The Muse is having a dilemma.
She’s trying to figure out if she loves MAC Naked Honey Salve or if maybe she thinks it’s pointless? Releasing with MAC Naked Honey Collection on June 11th this cute little tin houses a rich honey scented and flavored salve that offers a moisturizing treatment to skin.
Check out what I think after the jump!
Hmmm like I said I’m trying to decide if I like this or not. First off it says it’s multi-purpose and can be used anywhere so the first thing that entered my head was, “whoa can I use it on my dry face? how about my lips?” At this point I’m still trying to decide if it’s a good idea to slather my face in a salve. Granted, I bet you my dry skin would love it but I’m not sure when they said “multi-purpose” they were talking about my face.
On one hand I absolutely adore the concept, the uber cute packaging, and just the entire idea of the product. I can’t deny how pleased I was with last year’s release of MAC Volcanic Ash
(remember that incredible product?). I was thinking to myself how can MAC beat something as great as Volcanic Ash and maybe just maybe MAC Honey Skin Salve was exactly the product that would take away the crown. But…not really?
It seems like something that might develop a cult following. Where people petition for it’s re-release and plead with MAC to “bring it back! bring it back!”. But on the other hand I’m not really feeling that excited about it after trying it.
Ok, so…texture and formula wise it’s very nice. It’s emollient and obviously moisturizing. You could probably get away using it on rough elbows, knees, cuticles, feet, heels, etc…..I’m not sure if I’m on board with the idea of rubbing it on my face quite yet but we’ll see how it progresses. I went a little crazy and attempted a bit on my lips and it feels nice but it tastes a bit floral. Speaking of floral it also smells kinda floral too….hmmmm what happened to the honey?
I really love salves. There is something so healing about them. They are incredibly versatile, multitasking, and just generally good items to have in your beauty arsenal. But I dunno…MAC Naked Honey Skin Salver isn’t doing it for me.
I’m going to keep trying with this one and see if I can grow to love it. For now I think I’m leaning towards being meh about it. It’s nice, great concept as a mentioned already, super cute packaging, but something is missing. Could be the yucky taste or the fact that it smells a tad more floral than honey like or maybe the Muse is all salve’d out but this one fails to capture my fancy!
Anyone try yet?
On your MAC Naked Honey wish list?
Tell the Muse!
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ’em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!