Beauty Bits & Bobs
Ok kids if you were wanting it I’m here to tell you it’s back!
The Pink Clarisonic is available at Sephora once again!
How long it’ll be around remains to be seen! I believe they felt it was a good idea to have a few around for Mother’s Day!
I admit I’m lemming it a bit and trying not to cave because I sincerely do not need a $200 cleaning brush!
Tell me how wrong it is to purchase this thing!
Go on convince me!
Have to have it?
Tell me all about it! I feel your lems!
I’m a bit off my game this week as you may have noticed. I have a ton of new posts up my sleeve but I haven’t typed any of them out as I haven’t really had the will to do so.
It’s been a bit of a crummy week to say the very least which could account for my lack of posts and my general “I’m not up for it” attitude.
Do forgive me?
I’ll be back in writing force soon!
I did two new reviews for you though! See below. They aren’t my best but hopefully they’ll tide you over until I’m feel a bit more myself!
Last week I was discussing Fasio with a reader and wanted to do a really brief entry about it. The reason I’m bringing this up is because I wanted to show the Fasio Shower Glitter Eye Palettes off a bit.
I don’t personally own them and from what I understand they aren’t so fabulous but they do appear quite interesting and I think I may pick up one or two just for the sake of trying them out for myself.
Fasio is a sub-brand of Kose and probably my least favorite brand that Kose puts out. I’m not entirely a fan of the mascara even though it has a cult base of followers that really adore it. I personally find the mascara has way too many fibers and I’m not a lover of fiber mascaras!
Anyway this post can veer to the entire line and I want to simply show off the Glitter Shower Eyes that are available from Kose.
And here we go:
Available Color Selections:
As you can see the palette is a typical affair of liner, base, and two contrasting shades of eyeshadow. I’m dead curious about these!
Anyone try ‘em?
The beautiful Kia from Yummy411 has tagged the Muse to spill some Random Facts About Me that you may or may not already know!
I’ve been tagged before but I failed to come through on it. EEP! Sorry whoever tagged me before! I’m terrible at these little games!
Ok so six things you may not know about me.
1. I have two small teacup Chihuahua a la Paris Hilton hehe! They are my kids, my babies. I love them silly!
2. I love Zombies. George Romero is my hero. I collect all sorts of strange films featuring zombies. Stuff you may have never heard of. Budget films, crazy grindhouse movies, etc…anything that features zombies and I’m all over it!
3. I’ve traveled quite a bit! I sincerely love traveling and I’ve done my fair share of it in my 30 years. I go to England at least once a year, I’ve been to Japan, Thailand, All over the Islands, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Tons of US States (Illinois, Florida, California, Nevada, Texas, Hawaii, Maine, Louisiana, etc…etc…etc….)…I’m sure I’m missing some! Since I mentioned places I’ve been I should mention places I am dying to go too those would be Egypt, Singapore, Korea, Washington State, Australia, India, etc….etc…! My family used to spend entire Summers in Europe every year and it gave me a great love of being abroad and just enjoying visiting new places!
4. I’m extremely geeky. If you think makeup is my passion you’d be wrong. I’m more of a geek than a makeup lover. I go to Sci/Fi Conventions, Computer Conventions, I’m a trekkie type. I enjoy anything and everything that has to do with the geeky world of science and computers.
5. I am not a makeup artist, I do not work in the makeup or fashion industry, and I do not possess a pro card. I can’t tell you how many times I get asked that
6. I have one older sister whom I get on with famously. We are not only sisters but the best of friends as well. She’s actually 12 years older then me but it never feels that way! We are always like two little kids, giggling constantly, etc…!
That’s it. And it was kinda hard trying to figure out six things you may not already know about me!
My comment box is open! Tell me six things I don’t know about YOU!
Lord I’m sure late with this one! Sorry ’bout that!
But it’s here now!
The Visee Spring Collection 2008 Review!
For those of you lovely girls (or boys!) that are not in the know allow me to briefly explain that Visee is a brand available in Japan and is sub-brand of Kose who makes a ton of fab brands, Visee, being one. These are sadly unavailable in the US
E6 and E7
Without Flash E6 and E7
Now for the review.
I know many readers were highly interested in hearing about the new Spring palettes considering that the previous release of the the Jewel Crush Eyes were such a smashing success and hit!
Don’t get me wrong these are beautiful, beautiful editions to the Jewel Crush Eyes line up but why they did them in such similar shades as previous releases is really beyond my feeble little mind.
The fact of the matter is that E6 and E7 are practically identical to E2 and E4. It really boggles my mind! The colors are so similar it borders on absurd to bother wasting your money on either!
The good news is I wasted my money so you don’t have too. Seriously, you do not need E6 and E7.
With that being said allow me to explain the very minor differences between the four palettes.
E7 is noticeably comparable to E4. The only difference between the two palettes is the fact that E7 contains a few deeper shades while E4 contains light shades. The main color appears identical to my eye, while the contrast shade is different. E4’s contrast shade is a lilac purple where E7’s shade is a deep gray. The base colors are different completely with E4 sporting a soft lilac and E7 a sparkling white. Finally the liners are a tad different as well with E4 having a purple based brown color and E7 having a smoky purple/black combo. Honestly, once they are on you’re not going to tell much difference between the looks you can create using these!
E7 and E4 (Starting from Top Left: Main Base Color, Contrasting Color, Base, and Liner)
Without Flash E7 and E4
Created using E7
Moving on to E6 again we have a similar problem with color combinations. E6 is a dead on match for E2. This time the liners are identical colors! The main base shadow is gold in E6 and a softer beige gold in E2. The contrasting shadows are different in E6 is a gold based brown and E2 is more of a copper color with gold. And finally the base shadow shadow in E6 is more of a creamy white gold and E2 is a true gold. Again, same problem as before, you can create basically the same look using either of the two palettes.
E6 and E2 (Starting from Top Left: Main Base Color, Contrasting Color, Base, and Liner)
Created Using E6
Even though the differences appear major they are in fact very subtle and for me the small changes are not enough to warrant purchasing the newest palettes unless you’re a big addict like me and have the “have to have them all” mentality I seem to possess!
I also got the two mascaras that were released with the collection. At the time I was under the impression of how awesome Kose mascaras were but sadly these don’t fall under that “great” category!
The mascaras are not worth your money at all in my humblest. They made my lashes spiky as hell! The formula is great, the wand is fantastic, and the colors available are brilliant but that didn’t add up to a great mascara experience for me!
I’ve since used both colors I got, which were brown and black, and each time I tested these out for a run I ended up with the strange clumpy spike look! If I’m extra careful I do get some nice volume but I have to apply it really slow which for me is a big no! It’s the AM and I’m rushing no time for slow mascara application!
Big boo to these!
I didn’t yet dive into getting any of the new metallic loose eyeshadows that were released but that’ll be very soon! As soon as I get them I’ll be reviewing!
All in all a rather weak and disappointing Spring Collection for Visee! Let’s hope Summer brings something much better!
Love Visee’s Jewel Crush Eye Palettes?
Hate this release?
Tell the Muse!