Pieces of Life
The Muse has a really deep love for all different kinds of Asian cultures. One culture I have a very special in my heart for is Korea. I’m a big lover of Korean popular culture as you may know from reading my past blogs about K-Dramas, K-Pop, Etc…..
Today a lovely reader, MJ, pointed out that I had made it into an online Korean newspaper (Thanks MJ! Hugs!).
I’m so utterly thrilled that the good word of my little blog has spread so far as a Korean newspaper! How awesome is that?!
Sadly, I can’t read everything that was said but I translated some of it via Babel Fish and it sure sounds like a promising article about my Etude House review!
Do have a click over here to view the article for yourself (be sure to have a Korean Lanuage Pack installed if you’re wanting to translate for yourself)!
Thanks again to MJ for pointing this out to me! I had noticed a very large increase of Korean readers lately on my stats and obviously this is the reason why!
A big warm welcome to all my new readers from Korea!
Meredith at Daily Dose of Coffee tagged me and since I’m procrastinating like a little demon today at work I decided to post this up a mere few minutes after she tagged me!
Thanks for the tag love!
Here are the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules in your blog.
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag 6 random bloggers by linking them at the end of your post.
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
6. Once your post is up, notify the person who tagged you.
This could have the potential to become a bible as I’m a totally quirky person and my quirks know no bounds. Here goes…don’t get scared….
My food needs to be separated. What? What does that mean? It means I can’t have my salad in the same dish as meat, vegetables, etc…..I have to have things separate. My mum is fond of telling me how it all goes down the same way. What the hell ever Mum! I don’t care if it all goes down the same way or not I just want it separate. I don’t like my salad touching my meat and I don’t like my veggies touching my salad or my meat touching my veggies etc…etc….I’m normally the one sitting at the table with about 4 little plates surrounding my one main dinner plate and in the plates are various pieces of my dinner such as my veggies, salad, meat, etc….everything must be separate or I won’t eat it. I don’t want veggie juice on my meat thanks very much!
I’m ambidextrous. I can write with both my left and right hand but I favor certain hands for certain things. Example: I hold my fork or spoon in my left hand. I favor my right hand for writing notes, letters, etc…but I tend to do shorthand with my left hand. I’m also very uncomfortable using a rightie mouse blah! I use a left handed mouse on my Mac which is far more comfortable and I use a right handed mouse on my PC which totally throws me for a loop! I dunno. Total quirk there I guess.
My hair. That’s a quirk. Many people ask about my hair. Yes, I have hair. Amazing right? I have a big quirk with it. I absolutely have to have it shoved into a bun with a hairband holding it back when I am working. It’s absolutely necessary it’s out of my face, eyes and off my shoulders. I hate it flowing all over the place when I’m working! It’s just annoying. It’s very long and very wavy and I like it up and out of my way! My mum is fond of telling me well cut it off if you’re going to put it up all the time. NO! I like it long just not hanging out all over my face, eyes and mouth!
My books, cds, and any other form of hard media must be organized in alphabetical order.
I won’t eat cheese unless it’s melted.
When I’m on holiday, vacation, away, on a business trip, etc…etc…..I have to bring my own towels. All good Hitchhiker’s know that you shouldn’t go anywhere without a towel after all!
How about you?
Any quirks the Muse should know about?
Share ‘em with me!
My friend Angel, Stefan, Nick and I are headed to Comic Con this weekend!
Anyone in New York headed over? If so do e-mail me maybe we can meet up and discuss geeky bits and some cosmetics too!
Some of thee most awesome people are going to be at Comic Con this year such as…drum roll please…Neil Gaiman, Guillermo Del Toro, Doc Hammer, Stan Lee, Grant Morrison, and a slew of other geeky people that the Muse will be bowing down to this weekend! Oh wait scratch that Doc Hammer isn’t so special! That man whores himself at every convention!
I’m particularly excited about Neil Gaiman as he’ll be doing a reading! So awesome! I’ve been in a funk for the past few days so this will surely cheer my gloomy self up!
For details on purchasing tickets click on over to the website and maybe join the Muse in a day of Geeky fun!
What’s your weekend looking like?
Any special plans?
Tell the Muse all about it!
P.S. I’m a bit behind today on posts and comments! I’ll do my best to catch up!
I’m a bit off my game this week as you may have noticed. I have a ton of new posts up my sleeve but I haven’t typed any of them out as I haven’t really had the will to do so.
It’s been a bit of a crummy week to say the very least which could account for my lack of posts and my general “I’m not up for it” attitude.
Do forgive me?
I’ll be back in writing force soon!
I did two new reviews for you though! See below. They aren’t my best but hopefully they’ll tide you over until I’m feel a bit more myself!
The beautiful Kia from Yummy411 has tagged the Muse to spill some Random Facts About Me that you may or may not already know!
I’ve been tagged before but I failed to come through on it. EEP! Sorry whoever tagged me before! I’m terrible at these little games!
Ok so six things you may not know about me.
1. I have two small teacup Chihuahua a la Paris Hilton hehe! They are my kids, my babies. I love them silly!
2. I love Zombies. George Romero is my hero. I collect all sorts of strange films featuring zombies. Stuff you may have never heard of. Budget films, crazy grindhouse movies, etc…anything that features zombies and I’m all over it!
3. I’ve traveled quite a bit! I sincerely love traveling and I’ve done my fair share of it in my 30 years. I go to England at least once a year, I’ve been to Japan, Thailand, All over the Islands, Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Tons of US States (Illinois, Florida, California, Nevada, Texas, Hawaii, Maine, Louisiana, etc…etc…etc….)…I’m sure I’m missing some! Since I mentioned places I’ve been I should mention places I am dying to go too those would be Egypt, Singapore, Korea, Washington State, Australia, India, etc….etc…! My family used to spend entire Summers in Europe every year and it gave me a great love of being abroad and just enjoying visiting new places!
4. I’m extremely geeky. If you think makeup is my passion you’d be wrong. I’m more of a geek than a makeup lover. I go to Sci/Fi Conventions, Computer Conventions, I’m a trekkie type. I enjoy anything and everything that has to do with the geeky world of science and computers.
5. I am not a makeup artist, I do not work in the makeup or fashion industry, and I do not possess a pro card. I can’t tell you how many times I get asked that
6. I have one older sister whom I get on with famously. We are not only sisters but the best of friends as well. She’s actually 12 years older then me but it never feels that way! We are always like two little kids, giggling constantly, etc…!
That’s it. And it was kinda hard trying to figure out six things you may not already know about me!
My comment box is open! Tell me six things I don’t know about YOU!