I’m still rather piss-y that Cake Beauty didn’t release the Strawberry Shortcake Collection in the states. Le sign.
I hold a grudge for a while, beware!
Canadians can still take advantage of the Limited Edition Collection which is an ode to childhood days of old and features a best loved doll, Strawberry Shortcake!
I’ve already reviewed a few other pieces in the collection but forgot that the Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Decadent Bath & Shower Suds has had a prominent place of honor in my shower for the past several weeks!
Enjoy 20% Off your entire Cake Beauty order (discount is taken at the time of check out) plus Free Shipping on orders of $50 or more!
Shop it at cakebeauty.com
It’s Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Anniversary and as you know Cake Beauty has introduced Strawberry’s very own collection to celebrate.
Today I’ll be reviewing the Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter.
Let’s take a look!
I just took the 80′s test and I’m a little uncomfortable with how many of these things I remember:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80′s if (Bold black for the things I remembered, italics for the things I REALLY loved about the 80′s):
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
- You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock“.
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game “MASH”(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ” WAX ON , WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe).
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’boutWillis?”
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Heck, they did leave out some important things about the 80′s, like how about Thunder Cats, Rainbow Brite, Sweet Secrets, Glow Worm, Rose Petals, My Little Pony, and most important, Strawberry Shortcake!
I can’t really recall exactly how old I was when Strawberry Shortcake entered my life but I’m pretty sure I was in doll land bliss. Seriously..she was a doll that smelled like strawberries, what wasn’t to love here? It was the innovation of the 1980′s and every little girl was foaming at the mouth to own such a doll!
Cake Beauty celebrates Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Birthday and celebrates in style with a Canadian beauty release that includes decadently scented products that will bring back the 80′s for every girl who’s in their 30′s!
You can snag the Cake Beauty Strawberry Collection at 30% off using promo code STRAWBERRY at www.cakebeauty.com
It is in stock for those in Canada however it will show out of stock if you’re in the US. Boo! But at least Canadians can enjoy this super discount!
Just a little update on the Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Collection I mentioned yesterday. I got into contact with Cake Beauty’s PR Team today and unfortunately they said that this collection won’t be available to US residents.
As of now Sephora Canada is offering a Beauty Insider offer to purchase the collection and it can also be purchased from Cake Beauty’s website but of course this is for Canadian residents only.
Hopefully in the future Cake will release it in the US. If and when that happens I’ll be sure to let you know but if you really NEED it I suggest asking someone in Canada to grab it for you, perhaps by visiting your favorite makeup forum and asking a fellow makeup junkie to help you out in getting it!
Sad sigh! Oh well!
When I was growing up three toys dominated my collection, Strawberry Shortcake, Rose Petal, and Sweet Secrets. My sister is considerably older and worked at Toys ‘R Us in her teen years thus I bugged her non stop for accessories for my three favorite toys.
As I grow older I fondly look back on my youth when makeup and bath and body crosses into the realms of these beloved favorite toys. Too Faced brought back the Smurfs, MAC continues to bring back favorites like Wonder Woman and Disney characters, and many other brands are embracing both nostalgic and popular iconic characters from both my youth and contemporary pop culture.
Cake Beauty takes a trip down memory lane with its new Strawberry Shortcake Berry Decadent Collection!
Yes, yes, I know, you’re quite tired of lipgloss posts because you already own way too much of it, you’re preaching to the choir there, I’m right on board with you.
I’m always up for more.
Cake Beauty Merry Kiss-Mass Lip Gloss Trio?
I’ll take it!
Can’t rightfully hurt too much if I lick or nibble my arm right? Cake Beauty Glow-rious Glistening Body Lotion smells so good I can’t help myself….
If you’re skin is feeling the need to look more luminous this Summer perhaps it’s time to check out the new Cake Beauty Hi-Light Luminous Body Lotion and Glistening Body Lotion.
I’m not up for glowing but I’m a total sucker for the cute metallic pink and yellow packaging.
Yearning to experience the decadent, calorie-free joys of Cake Beauty?
Indulge in all the cake you can eat by using promo code FRIENDS to get 40% Off your total order at www.cakebeauty.com
Happy Haulin’ and don’t forget about Shu Uemura’s Friends and Family Event too!