Drugstore Makeup Brands
L’Oreal Glossy Balm Crayon are a new, permanent 12 shade range of chubby lip pencils available for Fall 2014 at drugstores. L’Oreal describes the new Glossy Balm Crayon formula as a high dose of pigmented shine that conditions and keeps lips smooth for hours on end.
I have to admit the L’Oreal Glossy Balm Crayon packs in the pigment and they do not dry out lips but…
Milani Bella Blue Lip Art Lipstick ($3.99) is a new limited edition blue shade of lipstick that Milani recently released for Summer 2014.
Lord knows, I wish I can rock blue lipstick but Milani Bella Blue Lip Art Lipstick can be used in other ways!
The L’Oreal Collection Privee Lipstick Collection is now permanently available at Target and hopefully everywhere else as well! For Spring 2014, L’Oreal introduced a line of Privee Lipsticks and Nail Polishes inspired by their pass and present celebrity and model ambassadresses!
There are a total of five shades all named after a spokes model and inspired by their skin tones!
- Eva Nude: A hint of gold to capture the radiance of matte skin for a sun-kissed look. For dark brunettes with golden based complexion.
- Doutzen Nude: This barely pink nuance combines freshness and femininity with a sprinkling of softness. For blondes with fair complexion.
- Frieda Nude: This refined lavender nuance is perfect for emphasising the delicacy of the amber complexion. For brunettes with amber complexions.
- Julianne Nude: A delicate and elegant barely peach shade that enhances the radiance of pale pink based skin tones. For very fair and rose complexions.
- Cheryl Nude: Subtly gray pink nuance that discreetly enhance the beauty of greige based complexions. For brunettes with fair complexions.
- Liya Nude: A barely brown color that adds contrast and brings extra attraction to darker skin tones’ lips. For darker skin tones.
I was quite happy to see a permanent display featuring the colors as some are keepers. I’m unsure if they are exclusive to Target only though but I am doubtful as earlier last month the collection debuted at Ulta and Ulta.com as well so this must mean all major drugstores are keeping the shades on!
Were any of the colors hits for you?
NYX Proof It Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer ($7) is NYX’s newest eyeshadow primer for Fall 2014 that promises not only to intensify shadows but also to waterproof them.
Granted, I didn’t nor will I attempt to swim in eyeshadow so we’ll just have to test this one against the warmer weather eh? It’s probably great if you have oily lids as that’s where the “waterproof” benefits will kick in!
Maybelline the Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is one of several upcoming eyeshadow palettes that Maybelline is releasing. The Maybelline the Nudes Eyeshadow Palette is of course, the first palette for Fall 2014 and more are being introduced, from my understanding, into 2015 (including a possible color one).
I think what makes the Nudes Eyeshadow Palette unique is it isn’t something that’s been done before by Maybelline or any drugstore brands in the past. Ok, granted, NYX has a ton of eyeshadow palettes but many don’t make it to the drugstore. A twelve eyeshadow pan palette from a drugstore brand is pretty amazing and different and new and fresh and exciting. Plus with all the hype that surrounds the Urban Decay Naked Palette it’s no wonder we see so many dupes pop up like the Revealed 1 and Revealed 2 Palette so it was only a matter of that that the drugstore brands finally caught onto the trend.
So I’m very happy and excited to talk to you today about the new Maybelline the Nudes Eyeshadow Palette that released with the Dare to Go Nude Fall 2014 Collection which includes not 1, not 2, not 3, not even 6, but 12 Eyeshadows!