As always Guerlain releases an elegant and very pretty selection for Fall 2009 entitled Slavic Beauty.
Jump ahead for some Musings about this collection!
I’m quite eager to see Guerlain Holiday 2009 as it’s always my favorite collection of the year but I can feel the excitement in the air for Guerlain Fall 2009. Guerlain Slavic Beauty is a selection of rich plums, browns, and purples which make up a very pretty palette for Autumn. As always Guerlain keeps things fresh with the release of Guerlain Russian Doll Blush which is a sheer pink liquid blush in a elegant tall purple bottle. Also releasing are two Guerlain Russian Beauty Eye Shadow Palettes one of which is made up of rich browns and the other purples and pinks (I have my eye on both). Another brand new take is a Guerlain Eye and Lip Palette which I haven’t seen from Guerlain before this. It includes two colors and two eye colors.
Truly a gorgeous selection for Fall from Guerlain and on my hit list to haul this season!
Although we hear constant promises of the rise of the economy it still remains pretty much down in the dumps. A holiday at this point might not be what your wallet is ready for so check out a few indulgences for spicing up your makeup and bath and body regime that bring the feel of a tropical island right to your front door without ever having to step on a plane, ship, or train to get there!
Click for it!
A few fast picks from Philosophy that I simply adore to get me all Summer’ed up!
1. Philosophy The Supernatural Mineral Blush Duo ($25 from Philosophy) I got this duo about two years ago or so and even when I wasn’t bronzing mad I was loving it. It’s made up of a dusky shade of pink and a brown bronzer that create just the right contrast of pink with bronze to get cheeks glowing like you’ve just stepped off a yacht that was cruising around Saint-Tropez (No one will be the wiser, promise!).
2. Philosophy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in Melon Daiquiri and Senorita Margarita ($16 Each from Philosophy) While enjoying that mind trip around Saint-Tropez you’ll want to get your drink on. Indulge in a Melon Daiquiri from Philosophy to make your shower fresh and fruity with the sweetness of melon, strawberry, and hints of banana! After that Melon Daiquiri we won’t hold you harmless if you’d like to follow it up with a Margarita, Senorita! Senorita Margarita is one of my very favorite gels from Philosophy as it has such a cool, effervescent scent that’s sure to make your long, hot Summer go by fairly quickly, nothing better than wasting away in Margaritaville.
3. Philosophy Coconut Frosting Salt Scrub ($25 from Philosophy) Nothing speaks Summer like fresh coconut! Scrub away rough elbows and knees with a luxurious coconut frosting scented scrub from Philosophy. It’s almost as good as being on a tropical island and besides you can’t get this good a scrub from mere beach sand!
A few fab makeup finds for bringing the tropics to your face!
3. Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer ($30 from Lorac) Baked to pure perfection this beautiful bronzer has swirls of shimmering gold and bronze for that tropical look that you’re gagging for! I promise a review is on the horizon.
4. DuWop Sundrops Bronzing Serum ($28 from DuWop) This one is all about a no nonsense application and currently topping my wish list! A pump or two and you’ll be sporting the sun on your face in a flash.
6. Guerlain Terracotta Blush and Sun ($41 from Sephora) My absolute favorite blush for a touch of Summer on my face! Total Muse Approval for purchase, get it now though before it’s gone for good.
7. Stila Convertiable Color Duo Marigold ($25 from Sephora) Two shades of golden brown will have you looking fit and golden with this slick little compact. Sweat proof and warm weather proof you’ll be sporting a healthy tan with a quick swipe. But buyer beware, use a tiny bit, otherwise you may be sporting that strange Oompa Loompa glow!
8. Lancome Elephant Bronzer Powder ($36.50 from Sephora) A fond favorite from last year this bronzer gives just the right glow so you can ahead and indulge and pretend you spent 8 hours at the beach instead of the office!
Tropical Lips? Sure! These balms and glosses will whisk you away to an exotic island!
1. Margarita Bloom Carlotta Colada and Beach Bunny Kisses Lip Balm ($8.50 Each from Margarita Bloom) Bring the tropics to your lips with two tasty treats for your lips!
2. The Body Bakery Sun Off A Kiss ($5 Each from The Body Bakery) With a blend of SPF 15 and flavors like Chilled Sunshine (Cool Peppermint mixed with Italian Lemon Ice Yum!) these balms are sure to keep your lips smooth and smooch ready.
3. on10 Disney Watermelon Lip Balm ($5 from Sephora) Fruity watermelon with a twist of SPF to keep your lips in tip, top shape!
4. Philosophy Melon Daiquiri Lip Shine ($12 from Sephora) Nothing feels more tropical than a daiquiri by the pool side. Philosophy has you covered with this fruity gloss!
5. Beautiful Twists by Ella Dean Cherry Vanilla Lip Conditioner ($3.49 from Etsy) Ella Dean has the best balms hands down! Cherry Vanilla isn’t exactly tropical but it sure does sound lovely on a warm day!
6. DuWop Iced Teas ($19 from DuWop) Light, refreshing, and cool this lip treatment will keep your lips gorgeous all through the warm weather!
Smell Summer like and tropical with a few of my fab favs from the fragrance counter!
1. Summer by Kenzo ($72 from Kenzo) The heat from Summer is captured in this unique fragrance. Guaranteed to whisk you away to a secluded beach on a warm, balmy day!
2. Bathed and Infused Perfume in Fantasy Island and Flip Flop ($9.15 Each from Bathed and Infused) With plenty of blends to choose from you can customize your fragrance experience with these little parfumes from Bathed and Infused. My favs? Fantasy Island…mmm tanning oil! And Flip Flop, an effervescent blend of tropical fruits!
3. Ile de Tahiti Eau de Toilette Coconut Vanille ($19.50 from Bath and Body Works) With a blend of coconut and vanilla I’m picturing a tropical island right now…what do you think?
4. Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena Body Spray ($12 from Bath and Body Works) Put the lime in the coconut and shake it up!
Hey, if you’re not heading away this season there isn’t any reason you can’t indulge in one or two of these items! You’ll be left feeling spoiled and content all through the Summer with a little loving from any number of tropical treats to choose from!
Let me know what tropical beauty finds you’ve indulged in this Summer!
So which Summer Collections are you loving at the moment chicas?
Spill it and click below to hear what I am lovin’ at the moment!
My current favs are Clarins Instant Light Collection, so gorg! And also, little late to the ballgame, Guerlain Terracotta Collection. Guerlain Terracotta has a whole lot of bronzing going on and normally I’d probably avoid that much tanning goodness but I fell in love with the Guerlain Terracotta Blush and Sun and haven’t looked back since. I’m working my way through buying a majority of this collection as truly it’s gorgeous!
Although it’s not out as of yet I’m really also looking forward to MAC Colour Forums, particularly all those MSF, NEED, WANT, GIVE THEM TO ME!
I can’t stress the overwhelming feeling of want when it comes to Dior Addict Lip Glow. Just a touch of customized lip color? Yes, please.
Sephora Cooling Cover Stick conceals plus preps and primes lids for shadows for $12 bucks. Not a bad deal! The Muse wants to take it for a spin as she does with almost all concealers she meets up with!
I feel the love for Guerlain Summer 2009, need I say much more?
Splish, Splash! I want Philosophy Apricots and Cream in my shower this Summer!
One tends to forget about MAC Creation Hues but not when they smell like roses! The Muse sniffed this overlooked fragrance for the first time this weekend and fell in lust! Wants it!
Oh Guerlain you make me want to take a trip beyond the sea!
The Muse is hyperventilating over the new Guerlain Summer Splash Collection and can barely wait to get to a store to haul it all. It’s too pretty for mere words.
Guerlain Summer Splash is an ode to the cool blue of the ocean and gorgeous golden sand of a beach. Pairing shimmering sandy gold shades with bright pops of teal, aqua, and ocean blue creates a beautiful Summer look that’s sure to please. The Muse is quite excited about the entire collection.
For your face, Guerlain Terracotta Sun Illuminating Powder is a light powder with transparent particles of delicate pearly reflections to give a soft Summer glow.
Guerlain Météorites Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder is a palette of beige, ivory, and apricot to illuiminate your completion!
Guerlain Summer Splash Eyeshadow Palette is an array of sandy shimmering golds with a pop of turquoise to mimic the beach and ocean, what a wonderful way to celebrate Summer!
Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl in Lagon Bleu the perfect shade of turquoise for a day at the beach!
Complete your Summer look by engulfing your lashes in Bleu Cruise Guerlain Waterproof Mascara!
Also releasing is a new shade of Guerlain Single Eyeshadow which is not pictured here. Overall I’d say just about the entire collection is positively screaming my name. I love it! Rather stunning dontcha think?