The new Pixi Week of Wakeup Makeup Palette is making its way around the Beauty Blogsphere. I’m sure you’ve seen and heard about it a bit already eh?
When I originally saw it I thought it was some sort of massive palette but was pleasantly surprised it was quite small and travel friendly. It basically includes an entire week of makeup in one super easy to use palette so you’ll have a brand new, fresh look starting on Monday and following right through to Sunday.
I think they released the kit at such a great time as you might be preparing for a Spring Break holiday soon or even a Summer one and this gives you the essentials for several looks without heavy, bulky packaging.
Let’s take a look!
It’s Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Anniversary and as you know Cake Beauty has introduced Strawberry’s very own collection to celebrate.
Today I’ll be reviewing the Cake Beauty Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter.
Let’s take a look!
We ingest a ton of lip products daily. Heck, with many of them tasting so nommy how can we not sit around licking our lips and enjoying them as a little snack?
Well, it’s probably not such a great idea to go around “eating” your lipsticks and gloss but sometimes it’s unintentional as we lick our lips a dozen times a day without being really conscious of the fact. With so many harmful ingredients in the mix lord knows what ends up in our bodies!
That’s where BITE Beauty comes into play. BITE Beauty is a new innovative collection of lip products and only lip products available exclusively at Sephora that features super antioxidant resveratrol and superior color.
Resveratrol is the health-boosting component found in red wine, whose powerful antioxidant effects assist the body in the fight against free radicals. Those fun kids over at 100% Pure put it in their skincare but BITE puts it in their lip products. Each BITE Lipstick has the equivalent of five glasses of red wine it to restore and maintain youthful lips.
Think of an entire collection of lip products free of parabens made of organic shea butter, superfoods, and food-grade colors that are truly good enough to eat, it’s beauty that’s good for you!
I tried out a BITE Beauty Lip Shine this week…here are my thoughts!
I just took the 80’s test and I’m a little uncomfortable with how many of these things I remember:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80’s if (Bold black for the things I remembered, italics for the things I REALLY loved about the 80’s):
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
- You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock“.
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game “MASH”(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ” WAX ON , WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe).
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’boutWillis?”
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Heck, they did leave out some important things about the 80’s, like how about Thunder Cats, Rainbow Brite, Sweet Secrets, Glow Worm, Rose Petals, My Little Pony, and most important, Strawberry Shortcake!
I can’t really recall exactly how old I was when Strawberry Shortcake entered my life but I’m pretty sure I was in doll land bliss. Seriously..she was a doll that smelled like strawberries, what wasn’t to love here? It was the innovation of the 1980’s and every little girl was foaming at the mouth to own such a doll!
Cake Beauty celebrates Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Birthday and celebrates in style with a Canadian beauty release that includes decadently scented products that will bring back the 80’s for every girl who’s in their 30’s!
As you know from my prior Musings Korean Brand, Etude House has released Miss Tangerine which is a collection that features vibrant shades of orange for Spring.
So far, Miss Tangerine has been a fun journey but some of the lip products haven’t quite lived up to my expectations. The stains had a way bitter taste and the two selections of lipsticks were a bit too orange for me!
With all this in mind I didn’t set my hopes to high for the last of the lip products featured with the collection which are the Sweet Shower Lips.
Let’s take a look!