Stardust, screams Gaiman doesn’t it? Considering Lush is quite British we could have went on a hunch that the name was Gaiman related if they hadn’t told us so!
If you’re a Lush fan, a Stardust fan, or a crazy screaming fan girl a la the Muse Gaiman fan you can stock up on some Lush Stardust Bath Bombs for 2 bucks and 95 cents. Lush has these little guys on sale right now knocked back from the original price tag of $6.95.
It’s almost but not quite as good as having Neil Gaiman in the tub with you, somethings are left up to the imagination.
Btw save an extra 15% off your total Lush purchase by entering promo code GIFTFORYOU09, the Muse tells you these things because she likes you.
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ’em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!
The Muse remembers quite well the first time she fell in love with Lush Washday Greens Shampoo. It was quite a few years back and the shampoo had already been long since discontinued however during a UK forum party they had a few bottles up for grabs and grab the Muse did.
After hauling two bottles I patiently awaited the post to bring me my new shampoo. Soon after I was sporting minty green fresh hair and loving it all away!
Click it to hear the rave!
Thank the Lush gods that Washday Greens is making it’s reintroduction to the Lush Shampoo category (how long it’ll stick around is anyone’s guess) thanks to Retro Lush. Retro Lush is where Lush brings back popular items back from the Lush graveyard for a limited time.
Lush Washday Greens is possibly one of the most unique shampoos I’ve tried from Lush simply because of it’s interesting scent. Think of a combination of fresh cut grass, crisp, green plus add in some cool spearmint and you’ll have Washday Greens!
Washday Greens is specifically meant to tame fine, flyaway hair or greasy hair. I’m honestly none of those things but I still make proper use of it since my hair does occasionally get weighted down with hair gel and the likes. It gets hair really squeaky clean plus it makes it smell incredible.
Highly suggest nabbing one and total Muse Approval for purchase. Lush Washday Greens Shampoo is one of those items that make you want to haul bottles and bottles for fear it might be gone forever one day!
Anyone a lover?
Tell the Muse!
I’m trying out a new category here at Musings called Beauty Babble. The Beauty Babble section will basically be a scenario of “possibilities” with questions and answers about what you’d do in situations where cosmetics would be needed!
Your house on fyressssss! Oh my god! What beauty item would you grab while running out the door! (might as well add this one into our Beauty Babble this week)
Jump ahead to see this week’s Beauty Babble!
Your in a deep sleep, REM has set in, your snoring out of one nostril and drooling from your mouth while dreams of Colin Firth sweeping you across an English country side dances through your head! Suddenly an annoying beeping makes a guest starring appearance in your Pride and Prejudice fantasy, what the hells is it? Oh my god it’s the smoke alarm! You have to jump out of your bed and get out of your house (or apartment, parent’s basement, rental room, etc…) as quick as you can! You have to grab one beauty product! What would it be?
The Muse says concealer. I could probably live without the rest but I need concealer to cover up my scary puffy eyes, fine lines, and dark circles! I’d probably go with the Mally Concealer System, I figure I could pass it off as two products in one since it has a setting powder and a creamy concealer.
You’re on a gorgeous cruise, the weather is beautiful, you’ve been enjoying fun in the sun and plenty of eating at that never ending buffet (does the food every end?). As you’re waiting on that buffet line in your string bikini the captain announces you must abandon ship! Waiting life boats are prepared to dump you on a deserted tropical island. The captain happens to be a makeup junkie so he allows you to select one item from your train case to take with you! What will it be?
The Muse says SPF! As tempting as it is to say concealer or powder (imagine my oily face in that humidity), I’d much rather protect my skin with a good SPF, I’d simply die if I ended up all tanned and gross looking (the Muse no likey tanning). I’d probably go with Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection as it’s one of my favs!
As you’re yawning through your work day and procrastinating terribly by reading beauty blogs you notice your favorite blogger is going to the moon! You read further to hear she (or he) is giving away tickets to the moon, whoa. Foaming from the mouth you eagerly comment and enter for your chance to go to the moon with your favorite beauty blogger (your fav beauty blogger should be the Muse btw plus as soon as cosmetic companies start giving away trips to the moon you know damn well I’m holding a contest for one!). A week later you’re contacted about winning but sadly you’re only allowed to take one item with you due to strict moon travel accommodations. What do you take with you to the moon?
I’d so take some sort of anti-frizz gel or spray! Imagine a no gravity situation? You’d be looking like Einstein as soon as your foot hit pay dirt! I’d probably go with Lush King of Mods, Soap & Glory Hair Supply, or some of that Sunsilk Captivating Curls smoothing cream!
Now it’s your turn. Put your self in all the above situations, a fire, a trip to the moon, and a humid tropical island. Now think hard….what one item would you take with you to those destinations? This Beauty Babble is all about Survival Beauty!
Post your answers in the comment box!
Ahhh the good Lady Macbeth said it best when she uttered the words, “Out, damn’d spot! out, I say!” Haunted and obsessed by Duncan’s blood all the good lady wanted was the damn spot to be gone (even if it wasn’t really there at all)!
Flash forward, present day and still the words of out damn spot may fall from your lips on occasion when you see a spot or two rise up on your face! And of course we even get as obsessed as Lady Macbeth with those damn spots.
Never fear, Lush is here to save you from spots and make your face clear and happy again without the guilt of Duncan’s blood on your hands too! Phew, thanks Lush the Muse was worried for a second there.
Jump ahead for it!
The Muse likes to think if Lady Macbeth was of sound body and mind she would appreciate the benefits of a good spot treatment like Lush Grease Lightning! Or perhaps John Travolta might make better use…..
Hmmm one does wonder about these things!
Whatever the case may be we can be sure that we’ll make plenty use out of Lush Grease Lightning. Brand new to the Lush skincare collection is this super spot zapping face gel! Made with aloe and witch hazel and plenty of other good for you ingredients this gel dries invisible and zaps those spots clear away!
Hmmm a natural spot remover? I can get on board with that. On occasion the Muse has been known to break out here and there so a spot treatment would be handy especially one made my Lush!
Available now from Lush UK Mail Order (and soon to follow at Lush NA Mail Order).