Something to get excited about! MAC’s latest color collection, Blue Storm, looks quite amazing! I adore blue shadows so this is something that’s right up my alley!
I believe PJ may be getting into the Blue Storm spirit of things as well! Please check out A Touch of Blusher to feed your need for all good things Blue!
And since I already read the blog of blue I’ll feed my need by heading over to my MAC counter and picking up some Blue Storm goodies for my very own! Stay tune for pictures, first impressions, and maybe a video! Oh My!
MAC’s Blue Storm Color Collection
* Blue storm – Royal blue with blue and silver pearl (frost) (LE)
* Cumulus – Cream grey with silver pearl (frost) (LE)
* Cloudburst – Black with blue pearl (velvet) (LE)
* Thunder – Rich blue with purple pearl (frost) (LE)
* Stormwatch – Deep teal (matte) (LE)
* Lightning – White silver with silver sparkle (frost) (LE)
* Lull – Pink lilac (frost) (LE)
* Atmospheric – Rich grape with red and gold pearl (LE)
* Feline – Black (LE)
* Mystery – Black with green and teal pearl (LE)
* Whirlwind – Metallic royal blue with green blue and purple pearl (LE)
* Rainy Day – Metallic gunmetal grey with lilac pearl (LE)
So…………..I went against my word in my prior blogs about Painterly and In3D and I went ahead and purchased some of the bits and bobs that were released!
First off I should say that I’m not completely sold on Painterly yet! Lots of tugging to be had during application which kinda freaks me out! But I’ve decided maybe applying with a brush is the way to go with these! You can see my very first review and FOTD with Delft in a prior blog! When I seen the display basically some of the colors sorta screamed at me and thus I walked away with 4 colors!
These are great colors and I’m looking forward to trying to convince myself to love these!
I also ended up snatching up some of the new technakohls because really we can never have too many eyeliner pencils right?
I ended up getting:
I also happened to fall in love with In3D! These shocked me as I’m not normally MAC’s biggest cheerleader when it comes to their glosses! But these are a good solid product and I think they should keep this formula around! It doesn’t have the normal sponge applicator but a brush like applicator which I love! I always feel like a brush applicator catches more product and you don’t have to keep dipping and layering! Some of the colors were just really gorgeous and pretty pigmented to the point that you won’t need stain or lipstick under these!
The colors I ended up getting were:
I did rant a bit in my last blogs about these new color stories but overall a nice haul of products this time so I take back some of the rants
MuseTV decided it wanted it’s time in the spotlight as well so I present a video of MAC’s newest color stories (Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm I’m just dead tired tonight so these videos aren’t so great)!
Another ho-hum release from MAC this week! I can’t get too excited at the prospect of new MAC gloss as I don’t even like their lines of glosses all that much anyway!
Looks like my wallet is saved again! Thanks MAC my credit card thanks you for the reprieve!
In 3D is available for a limited time so you might want to snatch one or two colors up…I may be tempted, we shall see!
This Color Story Consists of:
* Apex – Sheer orange with green pearl (LE)
* Boundless – Pinky red with blue pearl (LE)
* Backlit – White gold with yellow and white pearl (LE)
* Algorithm – Dusty rose with light pink pearl (LE)
* Racy – Sheer cherry red with pink and red pearl (LE)
* Optical – Caramel brown with pink pearl (LE)
* Wondershine – Tangerine with gold and red pearl (LE)
* Lightswitch – Sheer metallic pink with white pearl (LE)
* Touchpoint – Blue mid tone pink with white pearl (LE)
* Energy – Baby pink with white/pink pearl (LE)
* Synched up – Tan with pink and white pearl (LE)
* In 3D – Peach pink with blue pearl (LE)
* Rosebound – neutral pink with gold pearl (LE)
* Plum mate – Sheer plum (LE)
* Red stroke – Cherry red (LE)
* Part nude – Plum brown (LE)
* Neutralzone – Caramel with gold pearl (LE)
* Coral craze – Mid tone orange (LE)
* Pink edge – Mid tone pink with white pearl (LE)
* Brickmate – Bronze brown with gold pearl (LE)
* Fuschia lining – Sheer berry pink (LE)
MAC’s newest color story, Painterly, is released in North America this week! This collection consists of 12 new paint pots!
The Color Story Consists of:
* Artifact – Dark burgundy with red pearl
* Bare Study – Champagne with gold and white pearl
* Blackground – Smoky black grey with multi colored pearl
* Constructivist – Metallic dark brown with red pearl
* Delft – Deep teal with gold pearl
* Fresco Rose – Mid tone pink with mid tone pearl
* Groundwork – Mid tone neutral taupe
* Greenstroke – Mint green with gold pearl
* Indianwood – Metallic antique bronze
* Moss Scape – Green with gold pearl
* Painterly – Nude beige
* Rubenesque – Mid tone frosted golden peach with gold and pink pearl
* Antiquity – Rich olive green with green pearl
* Archival – Faded royal blue (LE)
* Foxtail – Metallic plum with red pearl (LE)
* Photogravure – Soft black with brown undertone
* Plank – Chocolate brown with brown pearl
* Steelpoint – Charcoal with silver pearl (LE)
* Large feather Lash Set
These are have been long over due and eagerly anticipated! Shadesticks and regular paints are quite popular among MAC fans so these new paint pots should appeal to the masses! These are not limited edition items and will be added to the general catalog so if your lemming is on you hard and your cash flow might be low you can wait on these for a while as they aren’t going anywhere!
I’m curious if these are replacing the old style paints! But I’m doubtful as these are entirely new colors!
I was lucky enough to snatch one of these early as Nordstrom introduced them during the Novel Twist release. I did a Face of the Day and a short review about the pot I had gotten and it can be found here.
I’m not entirely sure how excited I am about this release! Dare I say I might not even bother heading to the MAC counter to have a peek at the colors!
How about you? Getting any of these?
I’ve come to the conclusion MAC is trying to murder me this summer! Indeed they are! We are talking color story after color story after color story! It’s quite an eventful summer for MAC and it appears they took it a step further and decided to tempt and tease me with the promise of not one, not two, not three, nor five or six, BUT EIGHT….Yes, EIGHT new pigments!
That is wrong! Whom can I call to complain please? How many pigments does one little girl with two eyes need pray tell? This is ridiculous! I am appalled and outraged! I am also quite excited thanks so much teehee!
Did I mention they are limited edition!? They are! NOW go on with you and start plotting on how you’ll pay for them all! I hear the devil will pay for a soul…hmmm wonder how much mind may be worth?