I guess blue wasn’t good enough for MAC so they decided to go ahead and release some black to go with that blue! Black and Blue how very abusive..to our credit cards that is!
MAC releases Smoke Signals and right on time might I add with Fashion Week around the corner and cooler weather to come, some smoky eye looks are just what we need to ring in the Fall!
I’ll be nabbing some of these goodies tonight with Blue Storm! Check back later for some pictures, first impressions, and reviews!
MAC’s Smoke Signals Color Collection
Gentle Fume Eyes x 4 (LE)
* Rondelle – Light silver with white pearl (frost) (repromote Danse ’06)
* Carbon – Intense black (Matte) (perm)
* Gentle Fume – Mid tone grey with silver pearl (velvet)
* Waft – Deep blue grey (matte)
Smoking Eyes x 4 (LE)
* Next to Nothing – Cream white with pink pearl (frost)
* Smoking – Black with gold pearl (velvet)
* Showstopper – Muted grey (matte) (repromote Icon: Diana Ross ’05)
* Satin Taupe – Taupe brown with silvery bronze shimmer (Frost) (perm)
* Raven – Black with red pearl (LE)
* Orpheus – Black with gold pearl (LE)
* Mellow Flame – Coral pink with red pearl (lustre) (LE)
* Burnin’ – Rich wine (amplified cream) (LE)
* Brew – Cream beige (lustre) (repromote High Tea ’04) (LE)
* Barely Lit – Pink sand with gold pearl (lustre) (LE)
* Sparks can Fly – Cream rose (LE)
* Illicit – Neutral pink (LE)
* Bare truth – Warm caramel (LE)
* Soft and slow – Soft rose with gold pearl (LE)
* Bizaarish – Burgundy with pearl (LE)
* Emote – Grey brown (LE)
* Ablaze – Coral rose (frost) (LE)
* Silver fog – (PRO) (perm)
* Dark soul – Charcoal black smoked with gold (perm)
* Smoke Signal – Deep maroon
* Nocturnelle – Rich black (repromote Nocturnelle ’06)
* Wildfire – Black with red pearl
Something to get excited about! MAC’s latest color collection, Blue Storm, looks quite amazing! I adore blue shadows so this is something that’s right up my alley!
I believe PJ may be getting into the Blue Storm spirit of things as well! Please check out A Touch of Blusher to feed your need for all good things Blue!
And since I already read the blog of blue I’ll feed my need by heading over to my MAC counter and picking up some Blue Storm goodies for my very own! Stay tune for pictures, first impressions, and maybe a video! Oh My!
MAC’s Blue Storm Color Collection
* Blue storm – Royal blue with blue and silver pearl (frost) (LE)
* Cumulus – Cream grey with silver pearl (frost) (LE)
* Cloudburst – Black with blue pearl (velvet) (LE)
* Thunder – Rich blue with purple pearl (frost) (LE)
* Stormwatch – Deep teal (matte) (LE)
* Lightning – White silver with silver sparkle (frost) (LE)
* Lull – Pink lilac (frost) (LE)
* Atmospheric – Rich grape with red and gold pearl (LE)
* Feline – Black (LE)
* Mystery – Black with green and teal pearl (LE)
* Whirlwind – Metallic royal blue with green blue and purple pearl (LE)
* Rainy Day – Metallic gunmetal grey with lilac pearl (LE)
Another ho-hum release from MAC this week! I can’t get too excited at the prospect of new MAC gloss as I don’t even like their lines of glosses all that much anyway!
Looks like my wallet is saved again! Thanks MAC my credit card thanks you for the reprieve!
In 3D is available for a limited time so you might want to snatch one or two colors up…I may be tempted, we shall see!
This Color Story Consists of:
* Apex – Sheer orange with green pearl (LE)
* Boundless – Pinky red with blue pearl (LE)
* Backlit – White gold with yellow and white pearl (LE)
* Algorithm – Dusty rose with light pink pearl (LE)
* Racy – Sheer cherry red with pink and red pearl (LE)
* Optical – Caramel brown with pink pearl (LE)
* Wondershine – Tangerine with gold and red pearl (LE)
* Lightswitch – Sheer metallic pink with white pearl (LE)
* Touchpoint – Blue mid tone pink with white pearl (LE)
* Energy – Baby pink with white/pink pearl (LE)
* Synched up – Tan with pink and white pearl (LE)
* In 3D – Peach pink with blue pearl (LE)
* Rosebound – neutral pink with gold pearl (LE)
* Plum mate – Sheer plum (LE)
* Red stroke – Cherry red (LE)
* Part nude – Plum brown (LE)
* Neutralzone – Caramel with gold pearl (LE)
* Coral craze – Mid tone orange (LE)
* Pink edge – Mid tone pink with white pearl (LE)
* Brickmate – Bronze brown with gold pearl (LE)
* Fuschia lining – Sheer berry pink (LE)
MAC’s newest color story, Painterly, is released in North America this week! This collection consists of 12 new paint pots!
The Color Story Consists of:
* Artifact – Dark burgundy with red pearl
* Bare Study – Champagne with gold and white pearl
* Blackground – Smoky black grey with multi colored pearl
* Constructivist – Metallic dark brown with red pearl
* Delft – Deep teal with gold pearl
* Fresco Rose – Mid tone pink with mid tone pearl
* Groundwork – Mid tone neutral taupe
* Greenstroke – Mint green with gold pearl
* Indianwood – Metallic antique bronze
* Moss Scape – Green with gold pearl
* Painterly – Nude beige
* Rubenesque – Mid tone frosted golden peach with gold and pink pearl
* Antiquity – Rich olive green with green pearl
* Archival – Faded royal blue (LE)
* Foxtail – Metallic plum with red pearl (LE)
* Photogravure – Soft black with brown undertone
* Plank – Chocolate brown with brown pearl
* Steelpoint – Charcoal with silver pearl (LE)
* Large feather Lash Set
These are have been long over due and eagerly anticipated! Shadesticks and regular paints are quite popular among MAC fans so these new paint pots should appeal to the masses! These are not limited edition items and will be added to the general catalog so if your lemming is on you hard and your cash flow might be low you can wait on these for a while as they aren’t going anywhere!
I’m curious if these are replacing the old style paints! But I’m doubtful as these are entirely new colors!
I was lucky enough to snatch one of these early as Nordstrom introduced them during the Novel Twist release. I did a Face of the Day and a short review about the pot I had gotten and it can be found here.
I’m not entirely sure how excited I am about this release! Dare I say I might not even bother heading to the MAC counter to have a peek at the colors!
How about you? Getting any of these?
I’ve come to the conclusion MAC is trying to murder me this summer! Indeed they are! We are talking color story after color story after color story! It’s quite an eventful summer for MAC and it appears they took it a step further and decided to tempt and tease me with the promise of not one, not two, not three, nor five or six, BUT EIGHT….Yes, EIGHT new pigments!
That is wrong! Whom can I call to complain please? How many pigments does one little girl with two eyes need pray tell? This is ridiculous! I am appalled and outraged! I am also quite excited thanks so much teehee!
Did I mention they are limited edition!? They are! NOW go on with you and start plotting on how you’ll pay for them all! I hear the devil will pay for a soul…hmmm wonder how much mind may be worth?
C-Shock was all it promised to be! The lipgelees and lipsticks weren’t so fantastic in my humble opinion, way to loud and garish. The real star of the show were the shadows. The only one I didn’t get was passionate as that was a repromote and originally released with the Nocturnelle color story back in the fall!
Of course I’d never leave you without taking some fine pics of the bits I purchased today!
Bang On Blue
Fab & Flashy
I’m skipping my way to Nordies after work to pick up MAC’s new color story, C-Shock!
I’m pretty excited about this one girls (and guys)! The shadows are extra bold and outrageous, just the way I like ‘em, because after all I’m a bold and an outrageous girl (So not true but it does sound exciting when I type that doesn’t it? Don’t kill the mood let me go on believing that for the next 2 minutes of this post!)! You can go ahead and add exciting in there as well…I’m bold, outrageous, and exciting…oh wait..we were discussing MAC weren’t we?
Truly the one that I am properly chuffed about would be Big T!
Big T from the C-Shock Collection
It looks like such a delightful oceany/aquay/tealy/bluey yummie color!
Anyway………updates and lovely pictures to follow shortly! Can’t wait to get my hands on these! But first I have to get through the long work day…sympathetic sighs are welcome!
I previously discussed MAC’s new color story, Novel Twist in a prior blog! The pictures I had posted in that blog aren’t nearly as good as the ones that have popped up on Nordie’s website yesterday! I’ll be sharing those with you shortly!
I got invited to preorder Novel Twist on July 12 basically this means I’m special as hell and you aren’t (No I’m not but it sounded great typing it)!
Novel Twist is officially released on July 20th but since I’m special, see above for details, I get to order it and pick it up on July 12! Wahoo!
The color story is quite huge and I want everything but I narrowed it down and decided I’d just buy…..everything….! I hear screaming…..from my purse…….oh it’s just my credit card! Have no FEAR! I’ve accumulated some Nordies Notes over the last few months which will cover some of my purchases
Geez, where was I before being so rudely interupted? Oh yes. I’m decided that I shouldn’t buy everything. I should limit myself to buying most of the color collection…just some…alot of it…but not all of it…most of it….a majority of it…..
If this wasn’t enough of a problem, Nordstrom though it was a damn brilliant idea to preview two more color stories during this promote of Novel Twist. This means that I’ll be holding a can on the street corner next month with the words “Will Work For Make-Up” across it! Sigh! I hate you MAC!
I’m not entirely sure if they’ll let us buy from any of the two new color stories they are previewing. I do know they’ll let us touch these, smell them, feel them, paw at them, caress them, possibly make love to them, drool on them, and weep! I’m going to try to do all of the above with as much class and glam as I can but please don’t hate me too much if I end up looking like a zombie with drool dripping from my mouth when presented with a ton of pigments and mineralized eyeshadows! Truly you’d feel the same!
Hopefully Nordies puts all of us out of our agony and doesn’t make us wait till July 19th to purchase these!
So…a recap about this preview!
We will indeed have Novel Twist at this launch! You’ve read about it previously and seen the photos in my blog and now for the close ups!
Without further delay I present to you Novel Twist, A Nordstrom Exclusive MAC Color Collection (Limited Edition for the junkies like me!):
Cool Pearlizer Plus Brush (Two Colors Available! I’ll have both please! Thanks so much!)
Warm Pearlizer Plus Brush
Plum Lip Palette (Skipping all the lip palettes! They are too messy to work with! Not for me!)
Pink Lip Palette
Coral Lip Palette
Tan Lip Palette
Cool Eye Palette (Want Both Eye Palettes! I love MAC Eye Palettes!)
Warm Eye Palette
Basic Brush Set (I know everyone bitches that the kit brushes aren’t nearly as good as the regular size brushes but I personally think they are awesome! These are fantastic for travel! I want both of the brush sets!)
Pro Brush Set (Worth the price just for the skunk brush it comes with!)
Beauty Powder (Two Shades Available Both for me please!)
Powder Blush (Two Shades Available. The color Whim reminds me of the blush that was released with the Barbie Color Collection hmm…Still want ‘em both teehee!)
Tinited Lipglass (4 Colors Available Have to see these and decide which I’d like!)
Well that’s Novel Twist girls!
Now in regards to the preview of the other two color stories! That would be Rushmetal and Flashtronic. Both of which are being release on the same date which would be July 19th! Now if Nordies puts us out our misery and agony we will be able to tote all three stories home at the same time! If not, we’ll have to settle for playing with two while we are there and come back on the 19th to purchase them!
A sneak peak at these color stories:
* Thrills Rosy copper with gold pearl (frost)
* Frenzy Soft muted pinky-peach beige with gold shimmer (frost)
* Soft Lust Tan with white pearl (lustre)
* Fast Lane Mauve with silver pearl (lustre)
* Rushmetal Rich Copper Sparkle
* Revved-up Icy rose with reflects
* Gold Mode Tan gold
* Mauvement Cool taupe with gold pearl
* Off The Radar Warm orange with gold sparkle
* Copperized Olive green with gold pearl
* Quick Frost Creamy white with soft green pearl
* Cocomotion Dirty gold with olive undertone and gold sparkle
* Perfectly Pink Creamy mid-tone pink (cream)
* Flashtronic Caramel bronze with subtle gold pearl (cream)
* Young Spark Neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (cream)
* Electro-Lush Creamy blue pink (cream)
Mineralize Eye Shadows
* By Jupiter Light Taupe with beige and deep brown veining (frost)
* Tectronic Yellow gold with lime green, warm brown and black veining (frost)
* Ether Deep aqua with silver, gold and black veining (frost)
* Mercurial Yellow gold with lilac and chestnut veining (frost)
* Lovestone Raspberry with wine and copper veining (frost)
* Quarry Sky blue with olive, coral and beige veining (frost)
* Northern Light Midtone pink with rust and grey brown veining
* Gold Spill Pink peach with warm brown and cream pearl
* Global Glow Mid-tone brown with gold pearl
Mai, Myself, and a buncha of my friends are going to the Novel Twist Party at Nordstrom’s Thursday Night!
From what I understand not only will we be able to purchase Novel Twist but we can also purchase both Flashtronic and Rushmetal!
Squeal! Christmas in July girls!
I’m not entirely sure which I am more in love with at this point Flashtronic or Rushmetal! I’m very excited about the Mineralize Skinfinishs as these always end up becoming highly sought after collectible pieces!
I know many people have fallen out of love with MAC because of the old rerun But I really do think they have quite outdone themselves with these newest stories and we are in for quite a treat!
I know I’m eager to get my grubby hands on them!
Flashtronic A Color Story by MAC:
Mineralize Eye Shadow
Quarry Sky – Blue with olive, coral, and beige veining (LE, frost)
By Jupiter – Light taupe with beige and deep brown veining (LE, frost)
Mercurial – Yellow gold with lilac and chestnut veining (LE, frost)
Lovestone – Raspberry with wine and copper veining (LE, frost)
Tectonic – Yellow gold with lime green, warm brown, and black veining (LE, frost)
Ether – Deep aqua with silver, black, and gold veining (LE, frost)
Electro-Lush – Creamy blue pink (LE, cream)
Flashtronic – Caramel bronze with subtle gold pearl (LE, cream)
Perfectly Pink – Creamy mid-tone pink (LE, cream)
Young Spark – Neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (LE, cream)
Gold Spill – Pink peach with warm brown and cream pearl (LE)
Global Glow – Mid-tone brown with gold pearl (LE)
Northern Light – Mid-tone pink with rust and grey brown veining (LE)
Rushmetal A Color Story by MAC:
Soft Lust – Tan with white pearl (LE)
Frenzy – Soft muted pinky-peach beige with golden shimmer (perm)
Fast Lane – Mauve with silver pearl (LE)
Thrills – Rosy copper with gold pearl (LE)
Copperized – Olive green with gold pearl (LE)
Quick Frost – Creamy white with soft green pearl (LE)
Cocomotion – Dirty gold with olive undertone and gold sparkle (LE)
Rushmetal – Rich copper sparkle (LE)
Mauvement – Cool taupe with gold pearl (LE)
Off The Radar – Warm orange with gold sparkle (LE)
Revved-up – Icy rose with reflects (LE)
Gold Mode – Tan gold (LE)
An ode to that legendary MAC color that is sadly gone from our graces!
Parrot how I adore thee and will miss you when I’ve used you all up! Moonflower tries to be like you but it doesn’t fill my heart the way you do!
When oh When will they repromote you? I have dreams of stocking up when you regrace us with your presence and beauty!
On the bright side I could always sell a kidney to afford a new pot of parrot which ranges from $60-80 on E-bay!