3 for $15 or 6 for $20, no matter how you splice those numbers it’s pretty cheap for quality shadow dontcha think? Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry Eyeshadow are that cheap and that good.
Victoria’s Secret has recently extended it’s Beauty Rush line to include brand new baked eyes shadows that can be used wet or dry.
Jump ahead to hear my review and see some swatches!
Ooooo baby I likey you! These are so cool. I ran across these when I was busy shoppin’ the Victoria’s Secret Pool Party Collection and fell instantly in love with ‘em.
What are they?
Cute little baked eye shadows with a metallic, shimmery finish and a cheap price tag!
How do they perform?
The formula is silky, smooth and blends beautifully for the price. Some fall out here and there but sometimes we have to take the bad with the good folks. They wear long, are nicely pigmented, and I’m rather in love with ‘em which makes them all the better right?
Who might like ‘em?
Anyone who wants a pigmented, cheap shadow!
Anyone who wants a funky, foiled eye look for the Summer!
Those who adore baked eye shadows!
I’m having a blast doing various looks with these this week. I can’t verify completely about how many shades there are but it appears around 6 to 8 shades. Honestly, for the price I’m pretty impressed. I don’t normally love the Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush makeup line but I have found a gem or two in those little displays by the register and Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry EyeShadow happen to fall into the superstar category. I only got three shades as I was trying to keep my purchases to fun, Summer shades and a few colors fairly shouted Summer lovin’. The colors I got were Gold Rush, Hot Ginger, and Blueray. Gold Rush is a shimmering beige gold, Blueray is a pool blue with hints of aqua, and Hot Ginger is sparkling bronze. You can use the shadows wet or dry. Dry you’ll end up with a high metallic sparkle effect and wet you’ll have more of a foiled eye look. I didn’t create a look for you using all three shades but I did do two looks one of which I’ll post here and later on with my review of Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm you’ll see me sporting Gold Rush.
Overall, the price tag and quality of the shadows makes them a worthy item of a pick up. These aren’t available on the Victoria’s Secret website as of yet so you can’t see swatches but head in store for a peep. These are tossed in with the other Beauty Rush items so you can’t miss ‘em. I noticed that some stores have only three or four shades where as other stores had close to 8 shades so shop around for a bigger selection.
I’m Muse Approving these for purchase! Well worth picking up. Loves ‘em!
Loving Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry Eyeshadow?
Tell the Muse!
Victoria’s Secret Pool Party Beauty Rush Lip Butter are available in three shades, have an SPF 15, and are tasty treats for your lips this Summer!
Check out what I think after the jump!
I showered a whole lot of love on the Victoria’s Secret Pool Party Collection when I seen it in stores. The Muse cannot hold out against VS makeup goodies very long. I’d have normally left the glosses in all honesty but something tempted me that day. Could be the allure of a tasty gloss, could be the bright popping colors, could be I was just weak that day. Whatever the case may be I ended up getting two of the three shades available (who knows I’d probably gotten three if the other shade was available at the time). Now, one thing I should mention, I was mistakenly thinking these were glosses but actually they are lip butter. Oh, ok, big difference!
I was kinda juiced at such popping shades in a gloss but as I mentioned, lip butter, big difference eep! No likey the texture or formula on my lips. Feels a tad bit on the silicone side and kinda waxy-like. Mmmm…not loving it sadly! I’m wearing Frostea (orange shade) in my FOTD here
if you’d like to see what they look like on.
Aside from the undesirable formula these hold a bit of appeal as they are tasty. I got Frostea and Lemonita. Frostea tastes like iced tea and is a bright popping orange shade where as Lemonita is a tart, fruity lemon and a shade of sizzling pink. Both have decent pigmentation so you can get away without using a lipstick or stain underneath as they do leave a hint of sheer color behind.
Taste is great (love flavored lip products), price isn’t bad at 3 for $15, and the colors are pretty sweet for Summer plus these contain SPF 15. They definitely have a bit of a good thing going for them now I just need to get over the idea that they aren’t a gloss but a butter aka waxy, silicon feeling on my lips, yak! If I can get past that I might be able to recommend ‘em for purchase.
Cute but longing for a better formula here.
Anyone try yet?
Do share it!
The Muse is boldly going where no Muse has gone before. To the land of nail polish….yes it happens occasionally, the Muse ventures outside her comfort zone and takes on exciting new cosmetics like nail polish.
Remember kids, the Muse knows nothing about nail polish, isn’t an expert of any kind, and is only doing this post for a little fun.
Click ahead to check out Victoria’s Secret Limited Edition Pool Party Nail Paint.
I swear I’m having nightmares someone is going to ask me some techy nail polish question like what finish this is or something equally important and I won’t know how to answer. I’m truly a n00b when it comes to polish (be gentle) so I really can’t review this proper for you however I did want to show you this funky fun shade from the Victoria’s Secret Pool Party Collection I was telling you about last week!
There are a total of four shades available and the one I’m sportin’ today is called Clemenshine. The other shades I didn’t haul but this particular color did appeal for whatever reason so I just snagged it with the rest of my treasures as it seemed such a fun, funky shade for Summer. It’s a bright, true orange so indeed it fairly shouts Summer! These are 3 for $15 which you can mix and match with other items in the collection so I guess not too badly priced? I’m not sure how much does polish cost anyway? I don’t normally buy polish aside from a few select Chanel shades and when I have my weekly pedi I get whatever is hanging out on the rack or I steal something from my sis.
If you’re looking for bold, neon shades this Summer, I’d check these out as they seem quite fresh and fun for the warmer weather.
Hope my first official nail post wasn’t too bad, wink!
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ‘em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!
It’s all about hauling today kids! What have you recently hauled? Makeup? Clothes?
Click ahead for my recent haul!
My most recent haul was from the Victoria’s Secret Pool Party Collection. I got three of the body sprays, three cheek stains, three eye shadows, two lip glosses, a nail polish, and some lotions!
Eep! Couldn’t resist.
How about you?
Doesn’t matter if it’s a big haul or a tiny one!
Tell us all about it!