Hand and Nails
As you know the Muse doesn’t cover much in the way of nails over here but she was quite excited to see her good mate Michelle from All Lacquered Up featured in the Backstage with Sally Hansen video. The video features nail trends during Fashion Week 2009 and has a great recap of the show with interviews from Tracy Reese, Gabrielle Union, Michelle from All Lacquered Up. Michelle is looking lovely and all in the know with the trends she spotted this season, you’d think by now the Muse would have picked up a thing or two about good nails from her….oye, I need to work on these poor nails.
You can read more about the backstage show and the trendy nails at the show by visiting www.alllacqueredup.com
Snag some of the brand new American Grown Hand Soap for 50% Off the retail price at your local Bath and Body Works. This deal isn’t available online but the shops have these knocked down to half the price!
16 oz size regularly $7.50 now $3.75
24 oz size regularly $12.50 now $6.25
This is quite a deal as they are really large sizes.
If you’re a little on the OCD side of hand washing like the Muse is you’ll want to steal a few of these at this price!
Hey chicas have you heard the good word about the new Sally Hansen HD Nail Color?
HD Hi-Definition Nail Color from Sally Hansen is a collection of eight shades of pure, vivid pigment polish with a patented formula that has real liquid crystals to create a multi-dimensional color and iridescent shine!
In celebration of this exciting launch, Sally Hansen is hosting a sweepstakes on their website (www.sallyhansen.com) from July 8, 2009-September 15, 2009. One grand prize winner will receive a 32inch HD TV, three will receive an iPod Nano, and ten weekly winners will receive a Sally Hansen Gift Bag!
You can enter the sweepstakes by visiting here.
In honor of the Sally Hansen Sweepstakes the Muse is giving away five sets of Sally Hansen HD Nail Color. This is for US residents only due to shipping of liquids, sorry girls.
You can enter the contest by placing your name and e-mail address in the widget below. To double your chances of winning you can follow me on Twitter.
9/8/2009 UPDATE: This post will be updated shortly with the winners for the contest. I had a problem with Contest Machine and was unable.
Update: Winners Alerted.
I’m getting cozy with Illamasqua today so I thought I’d muse some about their nail varnish!
Jump ahead for a peep!
Illamasqua has taken the Beauty Blogging world by storm this year. With many beauty bloggers and junkies alike getting their hands on Illamasqua goodies since it hit our side of the pond and is now available at Sephora is it any wonder we are all very happy?
As Fall rolls in I imagine you may be looking for three shades of cool to get your nails in tiptop shape. My picks for Fall in regards to nails always consists of the same colors. A true red, a beautiful chocolate brown, and a hardcore black.
Illamasque Nail Varnish in Ruthless has me covered for red. This true, rich shade of red has a beautiful glossy finish.
What are your fav shades of Fall from Illamasque?
Any that’ll be topping your nails this season?
Bath and Body Works has some new selections up it’s sleeve lately. I was wandering around one in the Hamptons last weekend (nice and quiet thank gawd) and came across the new American Grown Collection. I proceeded over to the sink and tried every single one…teehee! Can’t help myself as the bottles are so terribly tempting with their bright candy colors.
Jump ahead and have a little peep at this new line!
The American Grown Collection is a selection of hand washes and shower gels inspired by great American destinations at a really great price. Steal, SWING! Love a good deal and these are it. Each bottle is a hefty chunky size for the value price of $6.50 per a hand wash (16oz) and $12.50 per a shower gel for $12.50 (24oz).
The selection of scents are as follows:
- Washington Apple: In the fertile valleys of Washington State in America’s far west, growers tend orchards that produce the world’s most crisp, ripe apples. Formulated with Apple Extract to help nourish skin, Washington Apple instantly evokes your first bite of a shiny red apple, an unmistakably juicy flavor.
- Napa Grape: In the rolling hills of Napa Valley’s wine country, the alluring scent of ripe grapes wafts through the air. Breathe in this irresistible fragrance and experience the intoxicating aroma as grape seed oil conditions and protects skin.
- Siesta Key Lemon: Nothing says summer like fresh-cut Meyer lemons from Florida. Sweeter than other lemons, the plump, smooth-skinned citrus produces a sparklingly fresh fragrance. Take an instant vacation to Siesta Key as Lemon Oil refreshes and brightens the skin.
- Savannah Mint: A frosty glass of iced tea in a hot Savannah summer is twice as refreshing with a cool sprig of mint. Breathe in this invigorating fragrance and experience the romance of southern charm and gentility while Peppermint Oil energizes your skin and your senses.
- Montana Sky: Experience the clear, crisp quality of the mountain air in big sky country with formulas inspired by the vast beauty of an endless blue sky. Bathe your skin in calming spring waters as you inhale a rush of fresh air.
My favorites were Napa Grape and Siesta Key Lemon. I didn’t pick them up while at BBW but I’m sure regretting it now so I’ll probably order ‘em online. If you’re a hand wash junkie like me and all anal about germs these big sizes with such an inexpensive price tag should please.
American Grown Collection is a great beauty budget find and available now at Bath and Body Works!
Anyone sniff ‘em yet?