I’m not much of a nail girl and I tend to nibble quite a bit….
Now I’d be in seriously deep if I indulged in nail polishes scented like Gummy Bears and Jolly Ranchers. I mean I’ be ever so inclined to bite my nails even more if they had a delicious fragrance right?
I just took the 80′s test and I’m a little uncomfortable with how many of these things I remember:
You Know You Grew Up In the 80′s if (Bold black for the things I remembered, italics for the things I REALLY loved about the 80′s):
- You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
- You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton.
- You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey on Blossom.
- If you ever watched “Fraggle Rock“.
- It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
- You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
- You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
- You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
- You played the game “MASH”(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House).
- You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
- You know the profound meaning of ” WAX ON , WAX OFF”.
- You wanted to be a Goonie.
- You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us…head-to-toe).
- You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
- You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
- You took lunch boxes to school…and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.
- You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
- You still get the urge to say “NOT” after every sentence.
- You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
- You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
- After you saw Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure you kept saying “I know you are, but what am I?”
- You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”
- You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
- You have ever played with a Skip-It.
- You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
- You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
- You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli was hot.
- You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
- You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool…and don’t even flinch when people refer to them as “NKOTB”
- You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell,” The ORIGINAL class.
- You know all the words to Bon Jovi – SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
- You just sang those words to yourself.
- You still sing “We are the World”
- You tight rolled your jeans.
- You owned a banana clip.
- You remember “Where’s the Beef?”
- You used to (and probably still do) say “What you talkin’ ’boutWillis?”
- You’re still singing shot through the heart in your head, aren’t you!
Heck, they did leave out some important things about the 80′s, like how about Thunder Cats, Rainbow Brite, Sweet Secrets, Glow Worm, Rose Petals, My Little Pony, and most important, Strawberry Shortcake!
I can’t really recall exactly how old I was when Strawberry Shortcake entered my life but I’m pretty sure I was in doll land bliss. Seriously..she was a doll that smelled like strawberries, what wasn’t to love here? It was the innovation of the 1980′s and every little girl was foaming at the mouth to own such a doll!
Cake Beauty celebrates Strawberry Shortcake’s 30th Birthday and celebrates in style with a Canadian beauty release that includes decadently scented products that will bring back the 80′s for every girl who’s in their 30′s!
Baby chicks are invading Bath and Body Works with the new Anti-Bacterial Chick Deep Cleansing Hand Soap!
OMG the cuteness!
When I was little my mum always told me to eat my carrots because they were good for my eyes. Of course, she was referring to maintaining good vision but I kinda wish she meant that it would keep my eyes bright, wrinkle-free, and youthful!
Super Bright Eyed is one of several new skincare products that launched in the Super by Perricone Collection. The line features skincare products with superfood ingredients that deliver unsurpassed antioxidant potency to improve overall skin health.
Super Bright Eyed promises a hydrating, puff-free existence….
Does it work?
It’s funny I’m writing this post today as some of us were gushing over a Korean Drama, Playful Kiss, yesterday.
In the drama, the lead boy’s mother expresses how much she always wanted a little girl but she ended up with two boys. She goes on to tell the girl who’s crushing on her son how she would dress him up as a girl when he was little and even shows her pictures of him with pigtails.
It’s a rather cute story and makes for some great blackmail material for the girl who’s crushing so badly on that boy!
By now you may have already read the outrage over the J. Crew catalog which features president and creative director Jenna Lyons and her family. In one of the photos she’s painting her five year old son’s toenails pink and explains, “Lucky for me I ended up with a boy whose favorite color is pink. Toenail painting is way more fun in neon.”
Well the shiz has hit the fan and everyone has opinion on how wrong or right this is.
What do you think?
Is it right or wrong to paint your small son’s toes nail and finger nails?