A little more SPF’ing in the cheap zone today kids! Many of you expressed a delight for a budget SPF after I posted a review on Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch
(many of you also expressed your dislike! Wince!). For those not loving the budget SPF quick look away and tune in next week when I dig into the posher brands! And for anyone who said hells yes I want cheap SPF, here’s another one coming atcha!
Coppertone NutraShield for your face and body this season offers a high SPF and an affordable price tag.
But is it worth it?
Click it for the deets!
Coppertone NutraShield Faces Sunscreen Lotion is an SPF 70+ with the ability to protect from UVA and UVB. It’s pretty much sweatproof and waterproof so you’ll be happily skipping around outdoors, heading to the beach, or swimming it up at the pool without having the worry about reapplication over the course of the day. Put it on and it stays on.
Minor problems here and there but for the most part a good experience with this SPF.
It’s a creamy, creamy formula which is great if your skin is dry but not so fab if your skin is oily. My skin seems to like it but it takes a sec or so to absorb fully and it leaves a slightly white cast. I don’t mind the whiteness because I’m going to use a prep and prime to whiten anyway so who cares but the whiteness could be irritating to some however many SPF’s do this anyway so you may already be used to it by now. Remember with SPF less is more. You don’t need to slather your face in SPF. A simple dollop will do. I’m mentioning this because the creamy formula may sway oily skin users from trying this but I think with proper application it can work for just about anyone. The product is pretty much fragrance free or at least I didn’t smell anything, again a plus for anyone that doesn’t like scented facial products. Cheap sun protection? I has it! With it’s high SPF and inexpensive price tag I do think Coppertone NutraShield Faces Sunscreen Lotion could become your new best buddy this Summer. This will set you back $7.99-$10 bucks at most drugstores.
Now if you’re wondering about your body you can follow up with Coppertone NutraShield Sunscreen Lotion. This has pretty much the same moisturizing formula as the facial formula. It absorbs nicely, it’s not sticky, and it protects with an SPF of 70+ which makes it ideal for harmless UVA and UVB rays. I tend to spend much more money on facial SPF than I do on body SPF so this is pretty much a perfect pick for me to slather on my arms, legs, etc…..I used to buy Clarins but I’ve come to realize that I go through it so quickly it’s best to stay on the cheaper side when purchasing an SPF for my body plus SPF is generally good for a mere year before going off.
Overall, Coppertone NutraShield offers a nice inexpensive option for both your face and body. If you’re looking for a drugstore brand in the $10 range this would be something you might want to peep at. Pretty good stuff!
Anyone a lover?
Tell the Muse!
The Muse is always up for concealer as you know! So when I seen the new FaceFront Cosmetics burst pop in my inbox with their brand new concealer I was kinda excited.
Click it for the babblings about FaceFront Stunt Double Concealer!
The description says it’s a creamy, hydrating, and aqua smooth formula. I dunno what aqua smooth is but they had me at creamy and hydrating. The Muse’s eyes are soooooo dry!
Only four shades are available which could be a deal breaker for some. The shades run from lightest, medium, darker, and a green to conceal redness. I’m perfectly ok with the color selections available but some might find it a bit discouraging since the darkest shade isn’t too dark at all however if you’re a lighter or a medium you should find a good match.
5g jar is $15.50 USD and Free Shipping using promo code STUNTDOUBLE. I think I’m going to order one, count me curious. I love testing out concealers so might as well!
Review to come soonish!
Although Aquafina Facial Spray
is WAY cheaper, the Muse still has a soft spot in her heart for Evian Mineral Water Spray!
They say Demi Moore buys this stuff by the case, I could probably relate as it’s super good. Whether you want it to cool off in the Summer or you’re using it to tone your face, Evian Mineral Water Spray def appeals. One thing about this is it never dries my face out. It simply delivers a delicate blast of cooling mineral water onto my skin that aids my moisturizer to absorb easier which in turn allows my foundation to apply flawlessly. It’s pretty much a multitasking product as people use it to tone with, use it to cool off with on warm day, or even use it to set makeup!
As I said it’s not the cheapest option around but it is one of the few that works, simply, easily, without any fanfare.
Loves it. That is all.
How about you?
Is Evian Mineral Water Spray a Summer Must Have?
Using something else to tone with?
Do tell me about it!
The Muse is having a dilemma.
She’s trying to figure out if she loves MAC Naked Honey Salve or if maybe she thinks it’s pointless? Releasing with MAC Naked Honey Collection on June 11th this cute little tin houses a rich honey scented and flavored salve that offers a moisturizing treatment to skin.
Check out what I think after the jump!
Hmmm like I said I’m trying to decide if I like this or not. First off it says it’s multi-purpose and can be used anywhere so the first thing that entered my head was, “whoa can I use it on my dry face? how about my lips?” At this point I’m still trying to decide if it’s a good idea to slather my face in a salve. Granted, I bet you my dry skin would love it but I’m not sure when they said “multi-purpose” they were talking about my face.
On one hand I absolutely adore the concept, the uber cute packaging, and just the entire idea of the product. I can’t deny how pleased I was with last year’s release of MAC Volcanic Ash
(remember that incredible product?). I was thinking to myself how can MAC beat something as great as Volcanic Ash and maybe just maybe MAC Honey Skin Salve was exactly the product that would take away the crown. But…not really?
It seems like something that might develop a cult following. Where people petition for it’s re-release and plead with MAC to “bring it back! bring it back!”. But on the other hand I’m not really feeling that excited about it after trying it.
Ok, so…texture and formula wise it’s very nice. It’s emollient and obviously moisturizing. You could probably get away using it on rough elbows, knees, cuticles, feet, heels, etc…..I’m not sure if I’m on board with the idea of rubbing it on my face quite yet but we’ll see how it progresses. I went a little crazy and attempted a bit on my lips and it feels nice but it tastes a bit floral. Speaking of floral it also smells kinda floral too….hmmmm what happened to the honey?
I really love salves. There is something so healing about them. They are incredibly versatile, multitasking, and just generally good items to have in your beauty arsenal. But I dunno…MAC Naked Honey Skin Salver isn’t doing it for me.
I’m going to keep trying with this one and see if I can grow to love it. For now I think I’m leaning towards being meh about it. It’s nice, great concept as a mentioned already, super cute packaging, but something is missing. Could be the yucky taste or the fact that it smells a tad more floral than honey like or maybe the Muse is all salve’d out but this one fails to capture my fancy!
Anyone try yet?
On your MAC Naked Honey wish list?
Tell the Muse!
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ‘em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!