The Muse is always up for concealer as you know! So when I seen the new FaceFront Cosmetics burst pop in my inbox with their brand new concealer I was kinda excited.
Click it for the babblings about FaceFront Stunt Double Concealer!
The description says it’s a creamy, hydrating, and aqua smooth formula. I dunno what aqua smooth is but they had me at creamy and hydrating. The Muse’s eyes are soooooo dry!
Only four shades are available which could be a deal breaker for some. The shades run from lightest, medium, darker, and a green to conceal redness. I’m perfectly ok with the color selections available but some might find it a bit discouraging since the darkest shade isn’t too dark at all however if you’re a lighter or a medium you should find a good match.
5g jar is $15.50 USD and Free Shipping using promo code STUNTDOUBLE. I think I’m going to order one, count me curious. I love testing out concealers so might as well!
Review to come soonish!
Although Aquafina Facial Spray
is WAY cheaper, the Muse still has a soft spot in her heart for Evian Mineral Water Spray!
They say Demi Moore buys this stuff by the case, I could probably relate as it’s super good. Whether you want it to cool off in the Summer or you’re using it to tone your face, Evian Mineral Water Spray def appeals. One thing about this is it never dries my face out. It simply delivers a delicate blast of cooling mineral water onto my skin that aids my moisturizer to absorb easier which in turn allows my foundation to apply flawlessly. It’s pretty much a multitasking product as people use it to tone with, use it to cool off with on warm day, or even use it to set makeup!
As I said it’s not the cheapest option around but it is one of the few that works, simply, easily, without any fanfare.
Loves it. That is all.
How about you?
Is Evian Mineral Water Spray a Summer Must Have?
Using something else to tone with?
Do tell me about it!
The Muse is having a dilemma.
She’s trying to figure out if she loves MAC Naked Honey Salve or if maybe she thinks it’s pointless? Releasing with MAC Naked Honey Collection on June 11th this cute little tin houses a rich honey scented and flavored salve that offers a moisturizing treatment to skin.
Check out what I think after the jump!
Hmmm like I said I’m trying to decide if I like this or not. First off it says it’s multi-purpose and can be used anywhere so the first thing that entered my head was, “whoa can I use it on my dry face? how about my lips?” At this point I’m still trying to decide if it’s a good idea to slather my face in a salve. Granted, I bet you my dry skin would love it but I’m not sure when they said “multi-purpose” they were talking about my face.
On one hand I absolutely adore the concept, the uber cute packaging, and just the entire idea of the product. I can’t deny how pleased I was with last year’s release of MAC Volcanic Ash
(remember that incredible product?). I was thinking to myself how can MAC beat something as great as Volcanic Ash and maybe just maybe MAC Honey Skin Salve was exactly the product that would take away the crown. But…not really?
It seems like something that might develop a cult following. Where people petition for it’s re-release and plead with MAC to “bring it back! bring it back!”. But on the other hand I’m not really feeling that excited about it after trying it.
Ok, so…texture and formula wise it’s very nice. It’s emollient and obviously moisturizing. You could probably get away using it on rough elbows, knees, cuticles, feet, heels, etc…..I’m not sure if I’m on board with the idea of rubbing it on my face quite yet but we’ll see how it progresses. I went a little crazy and attempted a bit on my lips and it feels nice but it tastes a bit floral. Speaking of floral it also smells kinda floral too….hmmmm what happened to the honey?
I really love salves. There is something so healing about them. They are incredibly versatile, multitasking, and just generally good items to have in your beauty arsenal. But I dunno…MAC Naked Honey Skin Salver isn’t doing it for me.
I’m going to keep trying with this one and see if I can grow to love it. For now I think I’m leaning towards being meh about it. It’s nice, great concept as a mentioned already, super cute packaging, but something is missing. Could be the yucky taste or the fact that it smells a tad more floral than honey like or maybe the Muse is all salve’d out but this one fails to capture my fancy!
Anyone try yet?
On your MAC Naked Honey wish list?
Tell the Muse!
Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ’em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!
One day, not today but one day soon, the Muse will come to terms with the fact that we never, ever get the good stuff in the US. For example did you know that DHC introduced Rose the Beauty Collection within Asia but not within the US? Proceed to go right ahead and stamp your feet and cry, the Muse did.
I’m suck a sucker for anything that’s rose related in terms of cosmetic and skincare! I recently hauled some of the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection one item of which I’ll be bringing you a review of today!
Jump for it!
So far I’ve been testing out plenty of yummy goodies from the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection and loving it but one item I’m utterly disappointed in is DHC Shiny Color Base Q10. Ew no likey.
Few things to know before I tell you all about this base. My skin is rather dull at the moment, it’s looking drown out from lack of sleep, change of weather, etc…it’s also terribly dry too at the moment since it’s in that adjustment period between wanting to be a bit oily and still wanting to be dry because of the cooler air.
On with the review!
The entire Rose the Beauty Collection comes housed in some sincerely cute packaging. The base is packaged in a tiny rose pink color bottle with a squeeze top tip for simple, mess free application and a sweet little rose shaped top. The sweetness ends with the packaging.
Really disappointed in this one.
It’s available in three shades and I choose Shiny. Shiny being for oily skin types but a pink shade that I deemed suitable for my skin tone. Now the problem wasn’t the skin type selection I made at all but just the general formula and feel of the product.
Don’t quote me on this but I believe it’s an SPF 30 which is rather fabulous for one small base. The product is used as a base, prep prior to foundation. It contains Q10 to repair skin and is an anti-aging ingredient.
I admit that I expected it to smell of roses so I was slightly disappointed it wasn’t. Now mainly I didn’t like the formula on my dull skin, it looked strangely iridescent. The shade is a creamy beige, far from pink and I was hopeful it would lighten, brighten, and erase dullness but for the most part it does nothing of the sort which, in it’s defense, wasn’t promised anyway. But I have come to expect Japanese bases to brighten my skin up. The formula contains a multi-color pearl granule and this in itself could be why I didn’t like it since this casts an eerie glow on my face and makes my already full face look even fuller eep! Not a good look. On top of this it sits on top of my skin rather than sinking in and absorbing fully, yak!
For the most part the overall formula was what disappointed most. It felt terribly wrong going on and proceeded to make me look even more washed up than I was already looking. I was already dull to begin with so this just added to that washed up, tired look. The entire point of a good base is to prep skin well for makeup and offering a good, flawless working canvas for foundation. This did none of that.
Sadness. Really wanted to love this but just wasn’t feeling it!
Anyone try anything from the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection?
Tell the Muse!
I got my haul of rose goodness from my favorite online shop Imomoko