Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I’m constantly rotating. What? I love variety!
Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it’s hanging around in my shower!
Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can’t live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without ’em, oh woe!
1. The Muse finds she can’t live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn’t want to live without.
2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it’s fellow gel in arms, it’s back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can’t live without it!
3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you’ll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it’s released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels
have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!
5. I have to live without Victoria’s Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!
6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine’s Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!
7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!
8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!
9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, ’nuff said.
10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it’s just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!
11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!
12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!
That’s all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn’t want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn’t have to be 12 could be more, could be less!
One day, not today but one day soon, the Muse will come to terms with the fact that we never, ever get the good stuff in the US. For example did you know that DHC introduced Rose the Beauty Collection within Asia but not within the US? Proceed to go right ahead and stamp your feet and cry, the Muse did.
I’m suck a sucker for anything that’s rose related in terms of cosmetic and skincare! I recently hauled some of the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection one item of which I’ll be bringing you a review of today!
Jump for it!
So far I’ve been testing out plenty of yummy goodies from the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection and loving it but one item I’m utterly disappointed in is DHC Shiny Color Base Q10. Ew no likey.
Few things to know before I tell you all about this base. My skin is rather dull at the moment, it’s looking drown out from lack of sleep, change of weather, etc…it’s also terribly dry too at the moment since it’s in that adjustment period between wanting to be a bit oily and still wanting to be dry because of the cooler air.
On with the review!
The entire Rose the Beauty Collection comes housed in some sincerely cute packaging. The base is packaged in a tiny rose pink color bottle with a squeeze top tip for simple, mess free application and a sweet little rose shaped top. The sweetness ends with the packaging.
Really disappointed in this one.
It’s available in three shades and I choose Shiny. Shiny being for oily skin types but a pink shade that I deemed suitable for my skin tone. Now the problem wasn’t the skin type selection I made at all but just the general formula and feel of the product.
Don’t quote me on this but I believe it’s an SPF 30 which is rather fabulous for one small base. The product is used as a base, prep prior to foundation. It contains Q10 to repair skin and is an anti-aging ingredient.
I admit that I expected it to smell of roses so I was slightly disappointed it wasn’t. Now mainly I didn’t like the formula on my dull skin, it looked strangely iridescent. The shade is a creamy beige, far from pink and I was hopeful it would lighten, brighten, and erase dullness but for the most part it does nothing of the sort which, in it’s defense, wasn’t promised anyway. But I have come to expect Japanese bases to brighten my skin up. The formula contains a multi-color pearl granule and this in itself could be why I didn’t like it since this casts an eerie glow on my face and makes my already full face look even fuller eep! Not a good look. On top of this it sits on top of my skin rather than sinking in and absorbing fully, yak!
For the most part the overall formula was what disappointed most. It felt terribly wrong going on and proceeded to make me look even more washed up than I was already looking. I was already dull to begin with so this just added to that washed up, tired look. The entire point of a good base is to prep skin well for makeup and offering a good, flawless working canvas for foundation. This did none of that.
Sadness. Really wanted to love this but just wasn’t feeling it!
Anyone try anything from the DHC Rose the Beauty Collection?
Tell the Muse!
I got my haul of rose goodness from my favorite online shop Imomoko
Musings all about Face Stockholm Eye Dust in Vanity which the Muse is loving all over at the moment. It’s a peach sparkly concoction that’s rather ideal for Summer eye looks. I think it flatters nice flushed peach cheeks and will pair up quite nicely with my Dior Bronze Harmonie de Blush.
I’m kinda feeling peaches and bronze looks this Summer rather than my normal run of aquas and cooler blue shades.
What are you loving for your Summer eye looks?
If you’re a fan of the blues, not the music variety the makeup variety, Face Stockholm Cool at the Pool should appeal!
I’m a new convert to the joys of Face Stockholm so I’ve kinda been obsessive compulsively checking their website daily and adding ridiculous amounts of product to my cart and fighting with myself to not click enter!
Click ahead to hear about the Face Stockholm Summer Collection 2009!
As per the promo image this is what was used to create the splashing blue look you see above!
Make Up Base
A sheer application of Loose Powder #2 and Magic Wand will leave skin even without masking that natural summer glow.
Apply Pearl Eye Shadow #44 on the lid up to the brow bone. Top off with a touch of Details Eye Dust for shimmer and shine. Brighten the inside of the eye with Clarity Eye Dust. Use Dark Blue Matte Eye Shadow and Forceful Eye Dust on the outer lid for a smokey effect. The Dark Blue Matte Eye Shadow also does double duty as a soft liner on the top lash line.
Double up! Apply both Black and Blue Volumizing Waterproof Mascara for thick, rich lashes with a colorful twist that won’t budge, smudge or smear.
Cheeks pop with Organza Blush-On or Rio Crème Blush.
Full color power and shine is achieved with Instinct Lipstick and a top coat of clear glass.
Loving the combination of hot pink lips and shocking blue on the lids! Quite reminds me of a day at the pool!
What do you think?
Lover of blues? I know I’m an aqua kinda chica myself!
Tell the Muse!
With a slew of flavors to choose from, hello Cherry Vanilla, Dipped Strawberry, Orange Kiss, etc….Bath & Body Works Liplicious Lip Glosses are the perfect little treat for smooth, glossy Summer lips!
They are on sale! Buy 2 get 1 Free! W00t! The Muse loves a good deal. One gloss will set you back $6 USD so you can get three for that price breaking it down to $2 bucks each.
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to make your lips look gorg this Summer with a slew of flavor options do head to Bath and Body Works to steal some of their Liplicious Lip Glosses for yourself!
Anyone a fan?
Tell the Muse!