Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Lip Tints

P209817 hero
Sephora is super busy updating it’s site with new little bits and bobs for Summer. I ran across this kit from Bare Escentuals while browsing around. This particular kit contains four lip plumping lipglosses for $28 USD.

First of all I’d like to be the first one to say I find the packaging completely degrading and the name. Seriously this looks like pr0n. Buxom Babes? Bikini clad chicks on the packaging? Who are we trying to sell this to anyway?

I’m all for cute packaging but for some reason this deeply disturbs me. Could be because I’m in a bad mood!

Sorry but I’ll have to expose you to my ranting about Bare Escentuals pricing again! As you may know from my previous posts I’m quite appalled at the prices of Bare Escentuals kits lately and this particular peeves me. No I don’t want 4 MINI glosses for $28 dollars thanks very much! Lipglosses that in fact suck formula wise anyway!

Seriously, have you tried the original Buxom Lips? It stinks.

Ok rant over.

BE got my vote for NO on this particular kit.

Love it?

Hate it?

Rave or Rant with the Muse! Comment box is open!

• 4/11/08 11:44 PaoPao:

Never tried BE glosses… are they that bad? and are they that mini for that price?

• 4/11/08 12:41 the Muse:

these particular glosses aren’t too fab :P These are mini not full size :(

I dunno if it’s the formula, the sponge, or the tube but it’s impossible to get the product to look right on!

can’t stand ‘em!

I have about 3-4 colors I got off E-bay for a pretty sweet price and I’m thankful I didn’t pay full price :P

• 1/6/11 19:56 Blissss:

Maybe they are fake? I bought some things on Ebay once and I always doubt that they’re real. I quit purchasing on Ebay nowadays and only purchase from their sites.

I’ve used Be- their mineral foundation and it was ok. I couldn’t use it under my eyes because it just emphasized any roughness I had there. But atleast it’s good for your body. Although I think it made me break out in the same spot every time I tried to cover up a particular spot where I normally had breakouts. The gloss looks gorgeous on you though! But I agree the packaging looks like Stila girls gone wild! Hahaha!

• 4/12/08 8:17 Chica:

I hate BE – the mineral foundation actually burned my face! Granted I have senstive skin but still!
    I’ve since started using Lilylolo mineral foundation and blushers which my skin LOVES and they are 12 instead of 24 :)

• 4/14/08 8:21 Toya:

Joining you on the “hate it” train. Just aren’t that good.

• 4/14/08 10:41 the Muse:

hiya chica!

me too me too!!!!! I can’t stand it! Everyone raves about it but it does nada for me! Wow burned? That’s insane!

Got a link? Curious ;)

• 4/14/08 10:42 the Muse:

Not at all :P Tempting with the colorfulness of the product but quality is an issue :P blah!

• 5/31/10 16:15 Valerie:

I got my set at this discount BE store, so it was only ten dollars, and the colors are so cute, but it tastes weird… and they don’t show up so well. I guess this is coming from the girl who wears red lipstick almost everyday, so you could say that I’m more for full color than sheer, but honestly, its pretty sheer.

I’ll have to do some experimenting with these.

• 6/1/10 10:42 the Muse:

valerie if they have a sponge applicator, no offense, but they prob suck. I find the buxom babes with a sponge applicator just stink but the ones with a brush show up incredibly b/c you can layer on color!