Beauty News: Hard Candy Is Back!

Hard Candy Cosmetics 2

The Muse was busy Musing about the return of Hard Candy way back before it even became common news that indeed the brand was making a come back.

The gods have granted our wishes and Hard Candy shall be making an appearance in one week’s time!

Joy! Happiness!

Spread the love after the jump.

Hard Candy was always a great love for me so of course I was terribly saddened to see it gone. It’s now available as a mass market cosmetic hitting the shelves at Walmart later next week. This is the first time a prestige line of cosmetics has gone mass and features unique, special items.

Along with bringing back old favorite you’ll also spot some brand new offerings from Hard Candy once it hits shelves.

Although Hard Candy looks like it belongs on the shelf of your nearest Sephora it carries the price of a cheaper drugstore brand which should back your excitement for affordable, kawaii cosmetics.

Are you excited about Hard Candy’s return?

What are some of your favorite Hard Candy cosmetics from days of old?

Tell the Muse!

• 9/21/09 16:45 Comrad_Garlic:

This makes me really happy. HC was the reason I got into makeup way back when.

• 9/21/09 16:56 the Muse:

hey comrad!

It’s awesome news isn’t it?

:-D

Can’t wait!

• 9/21/09 17:36 Jennifer:

I always loved their original line of nail polish. So glad HC is coming back! Thanks for the info.!

“This is the first time a prestige line of cosmetics has gone mass” isn’t really accurate. Target sells Napoleon Perdis, Jemma Kidd and Pixie – lines which were previously only available at higher end stores.

• 9/21/09 17:58 the Muse:

Jennifer true true true! I almost forgot about NP Set, JK, and Pixie!!!!!!!! Omg :-D my pleasure, I’ll have a review shortly as well. I can’t wait :-D I’m curious about the price range and the quality.

• 9/21/09 17:58 Fresco Phyrra:

I had to go to Wal-mart yesterday to look for weed wacker wire for our weed wacker (they were sold out, of course), and looked for Hard Candy. Unfortunately, it wasn’t out yet. As I loathe going to Wal-Mart, I was hoping to pick up some Hard Candy to soothe my soul.

I do look forward to picking some up eventually ;)

• 9/21/09 18:02 the Muse:

haha dd evil empire road trip :-D hehe! I’m ever so tempted to step in for a peep but I’m hoping they’ll see it online at the Hard Candy site!

• 9/21/09 23:10 Dina:

can’t wait to see what this will come through as! the nail polish with the plastic ring on the handle – i’m having flashbacks!! :)

• 9/22/09 9:02 the Muse:

you and me both Dina :-D I wonder what other items they will be bringing back!

• 9/21/09 23:25 mela:

omg hard candy was my major lust back in the day! i think i was around 11 or 12 when it first debuted and for all of middle school, it was my must have! (i have very generous parents!) in fact, one of my favorite memories of all time was a shopping trip my dad and i made to nordstrom’s and he picked out an HC nail polish shade to perfectly match my blouse for our family thanksgiving dinner. the color was great, and so sweet that my daddy tried!

a few months ago, i hit the HC website and got some old school remnants at close out prices before they went under…i have two brand new pixie palettes that i got for $14 each! i also blacked out on flirt lipgloss, its a total doppelganger for my old favorite chanel and i think i paid $6 a piece…i can’t wait to see what they come out with at wal-mart!

i think i’d be most excited for the return of nail polishes and the glitter liners!

• 9/22/09 16:17 the Muse:

hey mela!

LOL I remember my little cousin being bonkers over it and Sugar Cosmetics. She was around 12-13 at he time. Awww your dad sounds lovely :-D

I was going to haul during that time too but I ended up skipping out and ever after felt bad about it :-D I can’t wait to see…i’m particularly eager to see the price range!

• 9/22/09 1:10 MC:

OMG THEY HAVE HARD CANDY NAIL POLISH AGAIN!!!

This makes my heart sing with glee. XD

• 9/22/09 9:02 the Muse:

hehe MC :-D Wonder what they will price tag ‘em at?!

• 9/22/09 7:25 melvel:

Hard Candy’s nail polish reminds me of high school. I have to get me some, for nostalgia’s sake.

• 9/22/09 9:02 the Muse:

hey melvel I’m not a nail girl but even I can appreciate the cuteness :-D

• 9/24/09 3:25 Hailee:

Excuse my ignorance, when you say it looks like it belongs at sephora but is cheap, does that mean it IS at sephora? Or literally at like target and stuff

• 9/24/09 3:37 the Muse:

hi hailee.

how are you? did you read the entire article? It says it’s an exclusive to Walmart. Sephora used to carry the line but it was clearanced and pulled off shelves a long time ago. It’s recently revamped and now is sold at walmart. Have a re-read of the post and you’ll get all the information. No it’s not at target either :-D It’s exclusive to Walmart :-D

• 9/27/09 14:32 dina:

so i picked up some of these items this weekend, so glad the walmart i went to had them! all prices were $5-7 as far as i could tell. have only tried the curl up & dye mascara so far. the packaging looked kcute online but is somewhat cheaper looking in person, although of course it is an inexpensive line now. hoping the items are of decent quality & good color payoff [ i also got an eyeshadow, a metallic eyeshadow stick, 2 lipsticks, a lipgloss (w. the 8 ball on top :), and a lip blam]. there are no color swatches on the display or testers so it is pretty difficult to see what you’re getting, i think this could be minus for them b/c even though $5-7 is inexpensive after a few items it adds up and if you’re not entirely sure what you’re getting it got to be frustrating.

• 9/29/09 13:29 the Muse:

hey dina sorry for the delayed reply bit behindon comment1

awesome hauling! :-D I can understand why they didn’t bother with testers as target has ‘em and they are soooo gross but def irritating not seeing what I am buying :-D I’m quite eager to try it all myself as it looks quite cute but disappointed to hear it’s cheap packaging hohum!

You’ll have to give us the word after you tried it a bit :-D

• 10/5/09 0:09 Melissa:

I found it at “my” Walmart! Hi – How are you? Lovely weekend? Mine was chaotic and yes I found a little solace when I was cruising down the makeup aisle and right between Maybeline and Rimmel stood a nice size section of HARD CANDY!!! Yay!! The polishes are reminiscent of the old ones right down to the plastic heart ring. Some of the eye shadow packaging was similar too. I think everything was $4-$9 a piece from what I recall. The entire section wasn’t stocked so I will have to check back. I noticed the eye shadows came with a primer and wondered if it was a cheap version of UDPP. I didn’t hall any shadows just a couple lippies and a volume gold mascara that was surprisingly pigmented and the brush is nice enough I will pick up a traditional black one too. I did notice on one lip gloss that the manufacture was in the UK and not Urban Decay. So its safe to assume someone bought the brand and is keeping the general concept. Anyways I am very pleased with what I saw and foresee the face primer for $8 and the shimmery shadow quints for $6 in my future.

• 10/5/09 15:43 the Muse:

hi melissa!

Gorgeous thanks for asking. Really a nice Fall weekend :-D Went to Blood Manor on Saturday which awes rather ace. No luck here. I made a trip to the evil empire when I was with my friend shopping this weekend and we didn’t see it. I’m so sad I haven’t hauled any yet. Not surprising as UD was doing a bit bad there for a while without releasing so I wasn’t surprised when HC tanked. I’m just glad that UD is doing so much better now. I’m definitely hauling hard when it comes here!

:-D

• 10/10/09 23:38 Kaylin:

So, I didn’t know about this Hard Candy before I saw it in walmart yesterday. But the packaging was way cute. So I went back home, looked it up today and decided to go look at it better.
    Best walmart makeup line ever.
    The eyeshadow duos have color payoff like woah, the blush is fantastic and I’m LOVING the silver mascara. But in the course of one day half the stuff was gone. So if you want it sooner, go sooner rather than later. They sell out FAST

• 10/19/09 16:45 the Muse:

hey kaylin! I haven’t seen it in person yet so thanks for the run down :-D I can’t wait to try for myself plus see it! Really glad that Hard Candy is BACK!