Guess Who’s Back? MAC Volcanic Ash

MAC Style Black 1

Today the Muse is hoping and praying for you.   As of September 24th MAC releases Style Black and the Muse is every so hopeful you’re hauling it.  No, no not the color cosmetics…..no worries this Muse understands not everyone can pull off black lipstick.

She’s talking about the re-release of MAC Volcanic Ash.

Oh joy!  Bless Be!   The gods have answered my prayers.  MAC Volcanic Ash is repromoted for a limited time…yes it’s only a limited time so best get a case of it.

I should hope you’ve tried this incredible face scrub.  Last year I did a review and a huge rave on MAC Volcanic Ash.    I’m delighted that it’s returning and equally pleased they changed the packaging.  Originally Volcanic Ash came housed in a plastic jar which was a big old mess.   This year they released it in a squeeze bottle which is absolutely ideal and way more hygienic.   See?  The MAC Gods listen to our rants and improve on their failures.

On top of the release of MAC Volcanic Ash you’ll get the added bonus of Volcanic Ash Thermal Mask.  I was so smitten with the latter I didn’t get a chance to try the mask on the last release so I’m every so happy to get my chance to haul it.  Anyone try the mask?  Tell me the deets.

Please tell me you’re as overjoyed as I am at the promise of Volcanic Ash’s re-release.

If you never tried it you absolutely must!  It’s incredible.

• 9/23/09 10:45 Elvia Barrera:

I never used Maac Volcanic Ash is that a good product?

• 9/23/09 10:49 the Muse:

love love love it Elvia :-D

See my review! It’s awesome!

• 9/23/09 10:53 Paopao:

Hi Muse!

Just got my hands on this colection yesterday and took home a shimmerglass (the violet one), a mattene lipstick (the “lightest” one) and the purple and very glittery mineral shadow. Left the greasepaint :(

The volcanic exfoliator us a great purchase, but I’m using Lush’ Dark Angels, and works great for me. And it’s cheaper, too. Guess what? They’re opening a Lush shop where I live!

• 9/23/09 12:29 the Muse:

YAYAYAYA Pao Pao thank god for Lush locally! Dark Angels is way cheaper and I love it. It’s a great dupe for Volcanic Ash but I admit I ADORE VA so much more for soe reason :-D

Greasepaints look scary as hell! I’m heading to shop tomorrow to peep!

• 9/23/09 11:01 Mollie:

Is it super duper expensive because it’s limited edition?

I’ve been oogling Style Black for quite a while… it’s the goth child in me that never really left. ;) Plus, pale skin and black lipstick look pretty sweet.

• 9/23/09 12:28 the Muse:

19.50 Mollie not too bad imho God my inner goth loves Style Black but I can’t pull it off sadly :(

Absolutely pale skin and black lippie=divine!

• 9/23/09 13:35 Mollie:

Yeah… 19.50 isn’t too bad!

Haha, I’m so sorry, I’m always bombarding you with cost complaints.

I promise I’m not bitter, I just really have to watch myself! Not getting any help with college from the parental units sucks. I understand why not, totally, but I’m always sneakingly jealous of these girls at my uni who have everything because their moms/dads/rich long lost uncles buy it for them. I have wine tastes on a beer budget.

• 9/23/09 13:50 the Muse:

hey mollie.

rant away darlin’! I rant too :-D about everything. Believe me I understand I used to be a broke college student too :-D Awww sounds like a Gossip Girl situation LOL ;-D Just remember after you get your education you’ll score yourself an awesome job, makes loads of money, and buy a slew of crap you don’t need a la the Muse LOL :-D

• 9/23/09 11:08 BeautyBitch:

I’m a-haulin’ 5 tubes of this (and more, if the MAC girls will let me!). This, one of the mask (not a mask girl normally but will give it a try) and the two sparkle nail varnishes will be my buys from the Style Black collection. Nothing else is calling my name very much.

• 9/23/09 12:27 the Muse:

oh hells yes Bora me too! I’m doing 5 too and one mask…watch the mask be awesome and I only hauled one..so not cool :-D Did you try Lush Dark Angels?! Almost as awesome!

• 9/23/09 12:43 Kaoru:

I only hauled 3 of these myself, since I do have other exfoliators, and haven’t actually tried this one myself. Can’t wait for my order to arrive ^_^.

• 9/23/09 12:51 the Muse:

You’re going to love it Kaoru!!! I’m curious about the mask! ;-D

• 9/23/09 20:56 Christy:

I am so, so, so excited….BUT I’m dying for them to have another promo code and give us 20% off. I have so many things on my MAC list right now, I just have to wait for a code. heh

• 9/24/09 9:42 the Muse:

christy could be after the holidays!? :-D one can hope!!!!!!!!

• 9/23/09 21:16 Emmy:

hi muse!

do you by any chance know the color of the lippie the model is wearing in the pic?

im in love with it.

• 9/24/09 11:41 the Muse:

um no emmy but I’ll go ask! will post if I find out :-D

• 9/26/09 10:37 Nexxus:

It is Angel by MAC, they may have added a gloss but the lipstick was Angel.

• 9/28/09 8:35 the Muse:

great thanks nexxus I heard it was brave from Temptalia. We’ll have to swatch both and see which it is! :)

• 9/29/09 4:45 Emmy:

THANKS Nexxus and Muse!!
          I’ll take a trip 2 my local mac and have a look.

• 9/29/09 11:29 the Muse:

my pleasure emmy good luck doll!

• 9/23/09 22:42 jackieg02:

I didn’t get this on the last release but I may have to to see what the fuss is all about. Also I’ll probably get the thermal mask.

I am using Dark Angels and I do love it…so I might just stick with that…it depends on how my wallet feels…

• 9/28/09 13:29 the Muse:

jackie it’s awesome love it :-D the mask I picked up for the 1st time but haven’t used yet :-D LOVE dark Angels too!

• 9/26/09 16:04 Nexxus:

No one got 2 try the mask (except MAC mua’s or MAC vip’s) when the VAE was released last time in Neo-Sci Fi. They had to hold it back because intial shipments of the mask would leak and explode, whether it was due to the heat generated enroute during shipping or the packaging, 100′s of shipments were ruined so they had 2 recall what they had shipped and hold back the mask. They are finally releasing it w/Style Black this will be the 1st time it is available 2 the public 2 buy.

• 9/28/09 13:48 the Muse:

yup I heard Nexxus. Thanks for letting us now. sad that happened. Glad we got it now!

• 9/27/09 20:26 Travis:

I never used it the last time they were out, but I got samples of both the mask and exfoliator this time. Both are absolutely amazing, especially the mask. I’m definitely buying it. When you put it on and it touches water It gets hot on your face, which is very soothing and makes you feel like its working. I have sensitive skin and had some breakouts, after using the mask my breakouts slowly began to go away. It’s amazing. get it :)

• 9/28/09 13:07 the Muse:

travis omg sounds incredible :D I only got one mask but haven’t tried yet…must go get another obviously. I will say I wasn’t keen on the smell of the mask :P

• 10/5/09 20:17 albaniangirlyy.:

I got a sample of both the mask and the exfoliator!! I’m sooo super excited. I used the mask last night after cleansing, so it’s still too soon to tell if it’s doing much BUT my skin wasnt super tight like it usually is after I use masks so thats a plus soo far, has anyone tried it yet?? I’ve yet to try the exfoliator but after seeing how amazing people are saying it is I better hurry up and go back and buy some before it’s gonee!

• 10/7/09 13:45 the Muse:

fantastic albanian girl :)

I love the exfolilator, total hg! It’s selling out sooooo fast! Hurry hurry! Haven’t tried my mask yet b/c I wasn’t loving the smell but will update when I do!

• 12/18/10 9:22 Alli:

so, is this completely unavailable now? I keep hearing people talk about it and many writing about it…and it makes me really want to try it!!! Did i miss the boat? can it be found? will it come vack? please help meout, Muse!!! Thanks!

• 12/20/10 11:10 the Muse:

yes alli, it’s not longer available. If mac brings it back I’ll def post.