Barbie Chooses A New Career with Help from YOU!

Barbie Chooses A New Career 121

Although it’s not beauty related I thought this was rather fun when it popped into my e-mail box as I grew up with Barbie. I was the chick that would cut off my Barbie’s head, drag her through the mud, and perform wicked weird experiments on her. Yeah well I was a bit of a tom boy. I remember my first crush, Johnathan, had those WWF Wrestler action figures and we’d practice body slams on Barbie together, Barbie always won.

No matter how you treated your Barbie there isn’t any denying the fact that she’s an American style icon and a fond favorite of little girls far and wide.

Fun fact, did you know Barbie has held over 120 careers over the years? She was a fashion editor, a Pediatrician…..I don’t see beauty blogger on this list. I think that’s what Barbie’s next career should be!

This year, Barbie actually wants you to help her choose her next job! Careers have been narrowed down to five possible choices which are as follows:

• Environmentalist
  • Surgeon
  • Architect
  • News Anchor
  • Computer Engineer

Which do you think Barbie should pursue? Help choose at www.barbie.com/vote/

In February, Barbie’s next job will be announced and later on a new Barbie will be released all dolled up for her new gig.

I’m still saying Beauty Blogger should be on that list but I’m voting Computer Engineer! Go Geek Barbie!

What would you choose as Barbie’s next career?

Any not on the list that you’d go with?

• 1/14/10 9:42 Cucumpear:

Definitely Computer Engineer. Geek Power!
    Now I’m almost tempted to get my box o’Barbie and see what I have. I can’t really remember.

• 1/14/10 9:44 the Muse:

hells yes cucumpear! :-D!

• 1/14/10 10:12 Nia:

Voted for engineer, too :D

Will they then put her in a weirdly coloured Hawaii shirt and shorts? And let her wear sandals? Or will she wear a geek shirt like “You read my t-shirt. Thats enough social interaction for one day”?

I feel like I am having way too much fun with this ;)

• 1/14/10 10:21 the Muse:

LOLLLLLLLLLLL Nia! You’re a hoot! Or “I pwned your mother” LOL!

• 1/14/10 10:43 Nia:

Or “there are only 10 people…. ” ;)

That post of yours totally made my day!

• 1/14/10 10:50 electronicfly:

PSYCHOLOGISTTTTTTTT

• 1/14/10 11:49 the Muse:

lol good one electronicfly as I need my head examined lmao!

• 1/14/10 11:15 Hailee:

Wth!! Boring careers! I mean, I’m nit that creative buuuuut….haha. Those outfits won’t even be cute! I guess news anchor then!

• 1/14/10 11:48 the Muse:

hailee what career would you choose for her? I want beauty blogger! She could have a little laptop and a buncha cosmetics hanging around :-D

• 1/14/10 13:40 Selenite:

Nthing computer engineer. It was either that or architect.

• 1/14/10 20:40 the Muse:

selenite I still say beauty blogger :-D hehe!

• 1/14/10 13:41 dangster:

LOL, there is absolutely nothing glamorous about being a computer engineer (I’m a computer engineer by degree and trade). That said, I wonder how they will dress her. I can see what she might wear for the other 4 careers, but for a computer engineer? At most tech companies, anything goes! I feel like I have to dress down most of the time ;)

However, I’m hoping computer engineer gets chosen (as long as Mattel doesn’t screw it up). There are far too many stereotypes about the world of tech that are discouraging girls from pursuing that field.

• 1/14/10 20:52 the Muse:

aw but it’s geeky ’nuff :-D I’m a CE major as well but go figure I work in insurance…so weird

that would be glasses, chucks, old ratty jeans, and a I read your email t shirt haha!

• 1/14/10 15:15 Marcy:

Definitely computer engineer! (only cos I am an engineer, albeit not a computer one) Boost the female population in the engineering industry lol. Even though I don’t think I want her to ruin our professional image……….. pinup girl of the industry!

• 1/14/10 19:59 the Muse:

marcy boost it into geekhood hehe! :-D

• 1/14/10 15:42 Lacey Starr:

I’m trying to picture what an environmentalist Barbie would wear….hm….

• 1/14/10 15:50 the Muse:

mmmmmmm birkenstocks lacey :-D

• 1/14/10 15:51 Marina:

I was always modifying my Barbie XD Cutting her hair, using paint to do her makeup…the works XD
    Barbie as a surgeon is a little frightening to me…I say either architect or engineer…

• 1/14/10 16:06 the Muse:

me too marina! remember double dare? I used to do weird stunts with my barbie doll in a double dare contest style thing…I remember pouring ketchup on her like slime haha!

• 1/14/10 16:54 Cucumpear:

*g* Me too! It escalated at one point and now I have a shelf full of Barbies with repainted make-up, hand-sewn outfits and I rerooted the hair on most of them.
      Great, now I’ve outed myself a s a weirdo…

• 1/14/10 16:57 the Muse:

LOL cucumpear sounds like the doll cemetery at your house this could mean you have serial killer traits…we’ll have to explore this issue…email me for an appointment LOL

• 1/14/10 17:03 Cucumpear:

*cackles* I can always use more training, right now I fail at slaying dust bunnies.

• 1/14/10 19:51 the Muse:

lol cucumpear!

• 1/14/10 17:16 Lisa Kate:

How fun! I’m surprised she’s never been a surgeon before….I vaguely remember seeing Doctor Barbie but I was one of those poor kids with one Barbie and she dated all of my brother’s leftover Ninja Turtles. (She was a bit of a slut!)

I totally voted Computer Engineer Barbie! I wonder if she’ll be stereotypical “geek” and have like, awful hair and no makeup???

• 1/14/10 19:49 the Muse:

gasp lisa! your barbie sounds shameful! :-D haha! I was into barbie but according to my sis, she’s much older, she was queen of barbie as she had EVERYTHING barbie related, house, boat, car, condo, lol but I came along years too late as my mum gave it all away as she didn’t she would have any more kids damn no sloppy barbie seconds for me :-D

I so want a stereo type geek! glasses, pwn’ed tshirt, chucks, pocket protector lol

• 1/27/10 1:37 Del:

do people still wear pocket protectors? LOL…I want an Avatar Barbie – blue with a tail!!!

• 1/27/10 9:39 the Muse:

lol del! chuck does! hahaha!

• 11/18/10 4:12 Nia:

Hey there, it seems like they have a winner? http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTT7173

Barbie is a geek, with a pink laptop :D

• 11/18/10 14:38 the Muse:

oh yes I seen Nia ;-D that was a while ago girl!