Musings of the Day: Don’t Take Me For Granted!

musings

I’m betting you depend and use a million different little products a day that make a huge impact on your make up life yet you take them completely for granted. You never thank these little items that make makeup so much easier or maybe you never even think much about them!

Jump ahead to muse an item that I take for granted daily!

It’s SO easy for me to answer this as I know one item that I rarely think about and take completely for granted without ever giving it the benefit of it’s very important purpose in my makeup life.

Swisspers.

Swisspers

I never think about them, I never thank them, but god knows where I’d be without them!

Large oval Swisspers are a part of my daily removal process and I’m not sure where I’d be without them. I love taking full advantage of good Asian facial cotton however it’s not easy to get as such in the US but Swisspers are easy to get, cheap as day old chips, and just work at removing my eye makeup in a flash without leaving behind stray pieces of cotton.

I’m sorry I’ve taken you for granted for so long Swisspers but I promise I love you lots and lots and lots.

What are some makeup items you take completely for granted?

• 2/1/10 18:47 Phyrra:

Q-tips. I use them like crazy. I use them to swatch, to blend, to clean up spillage, etc. They’re fantastic and totally taken for granted.

• 2/1/10 18:53 the Muse:

dd it’s so weird but I rarely use them outside of cleaning my ears. Occasionally I reach for them to mop up a mess of eyeliner but aside from that totally don’t use them!

• 2/1/10 18:49 Marina:

Well, then I’ll say Q-Tips! I used those everyday or removal…I don’t think about it much, but I go through a ton of them…And my remover is taken for granted as well.
    Other than that, I’m pretty conscious of everything I put on…I appreciate my primer, mascara, liner, and of course shadows…but I don’t think about the absolute necessities.

• 2/1/10 18:53 the Muse:

marina totally don’t make benefit of qtips! aside from cleaning my ears that is :) I think sponge tip applicators are another thing I take for granted they pile on color so great!

• 2/1/10 20:34 Marina:

Yeah, they help a lot to get eyeliner off and they prevent me from getting remover all over my face XD
        And I agree about the sponge tips. Since you turned me on to them, I’ve been using them with everything. Soooo much better!

• 2/3/10 20:57 the Muse:

omg marina awesome! So glad you likey sponges! They are awesome aren’t they!? I swear can’t live without ‘em!

• 2/1/10 19:25 Robyn:

cotton buds i have long lower lashes so often get mascara under eye these are a godsend to fix it without ruining eyeliner (reading comments already above im assuming a cotton bud is the uk q tip but im not sure)

oo and baby wipes for removal and would my mirror count cause i guess id be kinda stuck if it wasnt there

• 2/3/10 21:56 the Muse:

hey robyn that seems the popular vote around here :-D I use ‘em occasionally for makeup mistakes but not that much! OH YES my mirror! :)

• 2/1/10 20:16 Jenn:

Mine’s similar to yours. I love my Swisspers cottonballs. They’re the softest cottonballs ever and they don’t feel scratchy against my skin. I refuse to use any other brand of cottonballs for make up removal.

• 2/3/10 20:58 the Muse:

hey jen you must try the large swissper pads bet you’ll LOVE ‘em!

• 2/1/10 20:18 Kajal Couture:

Water!! Cleansing, washing brushes, wiping off mistakes, dampening brushes, making products thinner in consistency, and prob a few more I can’t think of right now.

• 2/3/10 20:58 the Muse:

ha kajal thanks for sharing :-D

• 2/1/10 20:38 Kristina:

Qtips for sure! I use them every day for cleaning up smudged mascara, for softening eye liner… and I also adore my Beautyblender sponge.

• 2/3/10 20:56 the Muse:

kristina I really need to try the beauty blender!!!!!

• 2/1/10 21:49 Heather:

I would have to say q-tips as well. I use them all the time without thinking about it. Whenever I do a smokey eye I use q-tips for below the waterline.

• 2/3/10 20:20 the Muse:

hey heather I prob use them the least but they are def good for clean up for me :-D

• 2/1/10 21:50 Coral:

Q-tips is definitely one for me. I can never put on my mascara without getting it on my eye lids.
    And my tweezers. I use them almost every day to get those stray hairs. Half the time I have to do a short search because I’ve put them goodness knows where after I’ve used them.

• 2/3/10 20:20 the Muse:

hey coral I’m prob only one that doesn’t really use q tips much! :-D oh yes tweezers for sure :-D

• 2/1/10 23:46 Ceriene:

Going with the rest of the commenters and saying Q-tips! I use them for everything, removing hard-to-budge mascara, tidying up eyeliner, removing fall out from eyeliner application… everything!

I appreciate most everything I have though, but I always forget to buy Q-tips when I run out, because I take them for granted. xD

• 2/3/10 21:53 the Muse:

gosh I must be the only one who didn’t choose q tips ceriene :-D I don’t use them that much with makeup! :-D

• 2/1/10 23:51 cherrysoftness:

Hello!

For me it’s Aveeno lotion! The “mom’s favorite lotion”. We have bottles of different variants (with the pump) at home everywhere and I just grab and apply before leaving. I have a ton of nice lotions that I either: save; bought for the scent or bottle; forget – I’m just not a lotion girl. Then before leaving or sleeping I notice dry legs, dry elbows or anything and get some “whatever is lying around”… meaning Aveeno…

I actually use it a lot! Especially the Stress Relief variant :P Who knew?

• 2/3/10 20:51 the Muse:

hey cherry interesting answer :D I’m the same, I sometimes forget about lotion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D haha it’s always pleasantly surprising to think back and realize how much you depend on any one item!

• 2/2/10 4:29 Angie Twe: