Spring 2010 Beauty Trend: Fresh Squeezed Orange Makeup

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 2

I admit I march to the beat of my own drum when it comes to trends and such but I absolutely loved what I’ve seen from Make Up For Ever this year.

Make Artist Pat McGrath used freshly squeezed shades of neon orange on models at the Prada Spring 2010 Show. Keep your eyes peels as orange eyes and cheeks will pop up at a few other big runway shows this season!

Jump ahead for an assortment of fab orange make up must haves from Make Up For Ever.

This Spring’s hottest new hues come straight from the runways. Shades of juicy orange were embraced by make up artists on models’ eyes, cheeks and lips during Spring 2010 Fashion Week’s biggest shows.

Make Up For Ever kindly pointed out some of their wildest oranges which you can see below!

• Make Up For Ever Lipstick #201

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 Orange Swatches 51

• Make Up For Ever Glossy Full Couleur #2

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 Orange Swatches 11

• Make Up For Ever Eye Shadow #18

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 Orange Swatches 41

• Make Up For Ever Layer Star Powder #952

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 Orange Swatches 31

• Make Up Forever Aqua Lip #17C

Make Up For Ever Oranges Spring 2010 Orange Swatches 21

I’m not feeling this for Spring but I do love hot juicy oranges for Summer. Loves it! I’ll definitely be hauling out some of my fav oranges such as MAC Pink Grapefruit and Milani Be Bold Buzzworthy Lipgloss.

I likey this Spring Trend and will be embracing it wholeheartedly.

What do you think of oranges for Spring?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

What are your fav oranges?

Tell the Muse!

• 2/9/10 13:07 Nia:

Since last year orange makeup has become my obsession. But I am not sure if it really suits me ;)
    What about you? You like orange makeup on you?

• 2/9/10 13:36 the Muse:

I think I do nia :) I kinda dig a nice shade of coral…not full on orange but def like stuff that leans more towards more orgasm-ish in color ya know?

• 2/9/10 13:14 Kate:

Orange might be too much for me! I had a bad experience with an orange gloss in college, and don’t want to repeat it!

• 2/9/10 13:36 the Muse:

LOL Kate tell us! Curious what happened :)

• 2/9/10 13:33 Cassidey:

I love the looks of this collection! I have recently discovered orange blush–I used to never be satisfied with the way blushes looked on me, but orange gives me a more natural flush. I can’t wait to try the glossy full color in #2!

• 2/9/10 23:06 the Muse:

hey cassiedey! Nars orgasm is a good one to get…not orange but close too with a fab-o peach/pink finish :-D that should give you a nice natural flush as well :-D Likey the looks of the glossy full color myself :)

• 2/9/10 14:26 Tsahi baxter:

Oranges will suit our climate at any time of the year! :) (Trinidad)

• 2/9/10 21:13 the Muse:

oh tsahi lucky girl under a sunny sky :) indeed they will!

• 2/9/10 14:33 Brandon:

Taj Mahal Blush, and Mediteranee Eyeshadow Duo by NARS <3<3<3

Thats all i gotta say about orange makeup :)

• 2/9/10 21:13 the Muse:

check brandon! Totally on board with taj mahal! lovessssssssss! :-D

• 2/9/10 16:01 VampiressDoll:

MAC Vibrant ‘O’ & Rimmel Rich Raisin.
    I love the look of the first lippie! x

• 2/11/10 22:34 the Muse:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo vampiress i needs me some rimmel rich raisin just looked up a swatch like!

• 2/9/10 21:55 Emily:

I have yet to try out oranges, but I’ve been getting into brighter lipstick lately. I’m currently eyeing Mac Morange and Milani Mandarina (both of which I have not yet seen in person).

I also wanted to let you know what a great job you’ve been doing with your blog. I’ve been following you for a while, and this is my first time commenting, but I really appreciate your product reviews, especially on Asian brands. Thanks to you, when I visited Taiwan recently I decided to pick up some Majolica Majorca. :)

• 2/10/10 8:33 the Muse:

oh em thanks you gave me an idea must check out that milani shade! Sounds lovelys! Aw thank you very much Emily I truly appreciate your beautiful comment *hugs* How awesome! How are you liking the brand!?

Hope you’ll stop by and talk some more!

thanks again :)

• 2/10/10 9:14 Emily:

I just remembered that I have tried out an orange shade before that I liked, Max Factor Sex Kitten. Unfortunately, the brand is now discontinued in the US…

I picked up a few Majolica Majorca eyeshadows and and the Lash Expander mascara. I haven’t yet tried the mascara, but I love the eyeshadows so far. The texture is amazing and they are nicely pigmented. I will probably be writing a review on them sometime in the near future.

Of course, I will try to comment more frequently! ;)

• 2/11/10 22:32 the Muse:

hey emily! Never tried sex kitten! Some stores still have a small amount of Max Factor left I’ll have to see if that’s around :D awesome LE is my HG mascara :D So glad you’re enjoying the eyeshadows, I really love them!!!!!!!!! I look forward to hearing your view hun!

I’d love to see you in my comment box more :-D

sorry for my delayed reply, been swamped!

• 2/10/10 9:31 jonnie:

Orange looks sooooo bad on me! The closest I can come is Orgasm…

• 2/10/10 9:55 the Muse:

orgasm=awesome jonnie :) I can do off take oranges myself like orgasm, pink grapefruit…more corals than oranges..those I can def pull off but straight up orange def doesn’t work for me either :)

• 2/10/10 22:19 Del:

I’ve never tried orange makeup and don’t think I will…I don’t even have anything orange in my closet…cept for some SF Giants gear! =) but just bits of orange though…can’t even do orange polish…well, maybe…interested in seeing a FOTD w/the Muse rocking orange…not coral, but orange…hehehhehe

• 2/11/10 9:26 the Muse:

oh del look back you’ll see plenty of orange in my FOTD’s :-D I def rock the orange although not sure how great it actually looks lol!

• 4/24/11 17:36 Florentziaart/ Lina:

Even though it is not 2010 now, I still love orange colours. especially for the eye makeup combined with neutral eyeshadow shades. :D It looks so good with people with blue eyes. ;P
    (Hehe..I always tends to comment on the elder post’s on other blogs…Hm…)

Orange lips and cheeks are also nice. Beside orange is my favorite flavour. xD Orange lip colors reminds me of it.. yummy.

I don’t understand why some girls think a person look like a basket ball or for halloween of it. I think Orange and other similare shades are more wear-able than for e.x. blue, teal and green. ;P Regardless of season (or year…).

• 4/25/11 11:00 the Muse:

hi lina I def love orange/peach too ;-D it’s still a great trend ;D!