Urban Decay Summer of Love Collection: Urban Decay Summer Collection 2010

Urban Decay Summer of Love Collection

It’s a cruel, cruel summer…

Ha, Bananarama remember them? Brit invasion!

Wait, scratch that, it’s a COOL, cool Summer! Thanks to Urban Decay Summer of Love Collection.

Imma a love you Urban Decay!

Check out the Urban Decay Summer Collection 2010 after this jump because we so have to discuss this collection together!

I’m also giving you some of my virtual money to spend on UD Summa 2010!

Urban Decay not so shocking to see a HUGE Summer release with many a fine goodie. Excited? I know I am!

Check it!

Say goodbye covered shoulders, hello sexy, when you wear these three golden neutrals together for a summery bronzed look. Our mix of textures gives you layers of silky-soft shimmer and flashy bits of gold. Play with how you blend them; from an au naturel glow, to a smoky eye with a bright pop. Bold against a tan. Feel the love in this palette, which includes a travel-sized Sin Eyeshadow Primer Potion (to keep your look going strong on those long summer nights) and 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil …an addicting treat for any free spirit. Complete with mirror and magnetic cover (and some groovy vintage photos inside), you’ll want to host your own love-in. (Includes Urban Decay Eyeshadows: Chopper, Maui Wowie, Smog and Flash, plus Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin, and an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon.

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 10

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 9

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 13

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 12

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 11

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 4

It’s time to take control of your oil and put your matte face forward. Our lightweight gel performs anywhere, anytime: dab it on all day for touch-ups without ruining your perfectly applied makeup. It’s completely color-neutral, so it works great on naked skin, under foundation, or over makeup. Formulated to help tighten pores for a youthful, shine-free finish. De-Slick even works to keep skin matte under hot studio lights and in the muggiest of heat (so you know this addicting formula provides fierce absorbing action.)

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 7

A groundbreaking formula that mists on, ensuring that your makeup won’t budge for 16 hours. Really. Weightless but powerful, All-Nighter even resists moisture (so you can fearlessly sweat, cry, or get your Jacuzzi on…) Color dispersing technology keeps makeup even, so it always looks just-applied. Imagine the possibilities.

Applied after makeup, our mist uses its temperature control technology to keep your makeup from melting down when it’s warm and humid, or dehydrating when its cold and windy. BUT it never feels sticky or tight. This seemingly “weird” extra step suddenly becomes the one step you can’t do without.

Backed by years of science, All Nighter is unlike any other product available and effectively keeps you looking… flawless. The best news? It’s allergy tested, dermatologist tested, vegan, cruelty free, and free of oil, parabens, and fragrance.

When the oil production of your face rivals a small OPEC nation, you need a mighty ally. De-Slick uses an innovative oil control system that both absorbs excess sebum and controls surface shine. The problem-solving formula mists on, feels weightless, and sets makeup so it lasts ALL DAY. Its light dispersing particles deflect shine and deliver a matte look for up to 16 hours. Really.

De-Slick contains powerful temperature control technology, which keeps your makeup from melting down when it’s warm and humid, and dehydrating when its cold and windy. Simply mist on before and again after your beauty routine, for maximum benefits. Imagine makeup that looks like you just put it on, even through moisture, wind and heat.

This seemingly “weird” extra step suddenly becomes the ritual you can’t live without. And the best part? It’s allergy tested, dermatologist tested, vegan, cruelty free, and free of oil, parabens, and fragrance.

Wake up, makeup and Dew Me! Finally, the perfect antidote for drier and combination skin that moisturizes and holds makeup flawlessly for 16 hours. (yes, really.) Without creating tightness, this weightless makeup setting mist keeps foundation from settling into fine lines and prevents powder from becoming cakey. Your complexion looks brighter, younger and more glowing!

With impressive temperature control technology, Dew Me keeps your makeup from melting down when it’s warm and humid, and dehydrating when its cold and windy. There is no other makeup mist available on the market that can do what it does. Dew Me is a backed-by-science, high performance tool. Maintain your makeup quality, no matter what the circumstances. (It even works when you find yourself feeling hot and bothered). How have you gotten by without it!? The best news? It’s allergy tested, dermatologist tested, vegan, cruelty free, and free of oil, parabens, and fragrance.

Face the day with an innovative, ultra-fine, mist-on application of ethereal moisture. Guardian Angel answers your prayers for purity as it carefully moisturizes even oily, combination or break-out prone skin. Time-release technology hydrates your skin for over 24 hours as the hygroscopic formula miraculously attracts moisture to your skin, yet always feels weightless. Guardian Angel gives your face a smooth, moisturized surface, which helps extend makeup wear. Boasting an infusion of SPF 8 and completely vegan ingredients, we’d say this is the most perfect Angel ever!

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 8

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 6

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 5

Hard to choose which shade of polish you want? Celebrate free love with all of them! More arousing than full-size single bottles, this kit of IT girl polishes delivers punchy, offbeat shades of teal, orange, pink and orchid that will drive you absolutely mad. Your healthy inner hippie will appreciate that all of our colors are formulated without toluene, formaldehyde, or DBP and your analytical left brain will love the 220-strand brush for a highly detailed application of color. Fit them all into a purple faux suede zipper case and you’ll be ready to swing. (Shades Include: Shine On (beige sparkle), Woodstock (radioactive pink), Love Light (baby pink sparkle), Hashbry (bright orchid), Magic Bus (emergency orange), Aquarius (electric teal), Psychedelic Sister (bright coral)).

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 14

Hate fussing with heavy foundation, but need something that really performs? Seek protection with our Urban Defense. This formula is free of oil, parabens and fragrance, is loaded with our multi-mineral complex, battles free radical damage, AND has SPF 20… watch out! Even better, its light-diffusing pigments diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, providing a youthful finish. Since it’s buildable, Urban Defense always has just the right amount of tint… wear it alone for light coverage (great for warm outdoor weather) or under powder for an extra polished look. Apply Urban Defense after your cleansing/toning ritual and you’re ready to face the day with moisture, sheer coverage and SPF 20 at your service. (Four Shades To Choose From)

• Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss ($19)

Two new shades, Colin and Max.

• Colin (Orange Red)

Let Colin get your temperature blazing with his brave heroic service. Undress him with a flick of your wrist and see his willingness to take risks in hot places.

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 3

• Max (Pinky Nude)

Laid back and ready to get tubed, Max loves being salty and wet, and puts his all into making you feel swell. Undress him with a flick of your wrist and watch the tide rise.

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 2

New Shade El Dorado (Gold)

Urban Decay Summer of Love Urban Decay Summer 2010 1

So whatcha think?

Positively drooling aren’t you?

Now I’ll give you $200 of my very own virtual money (aren’t I generous?) that you can spend on anything from the Urban Decay Summer Collection 2010.

What would you spend it on?

Share it!

Take a lookiee through the Summer Look Book at Urban Decay to see all the products on offer by visiting www.urbandecay.com

• 3/30/10 20:04 aquahartz:

wow, u guys sure do have a huge range of cool make ups, including this!
    i’m in melbourne, & our choices here are pretty much limited, if to compare with where i come from, Malaysia, and of course the USA.
    mebbie i should head up to the net to get some.
    these Urban Decay stuff is making me drooling non-stop!

• 3/30/10 20:09 Phyrra:

Holy crap that’s a ton of stuff!
    I’m only interested in 1 of the new nail polish shades :(

• 3/31/10 10:12 the Muse:

dd they shock and delight every season lately!

• 3/30/10 20:58 Emily:

I would get the new liner and the guardian angel, de-slick, and all nighter misting sprays!

• 3/31/10 10:11 the Muse:

nice list em! :D

• 3/30/10 21:08 Audrey:

I am super interested in the De-slick gel and All Nighter sprays (but the bottles are so plain looking! I’m really disappointed in the packaging for those…), semi-interested in the Urban Defense TM (I’m rather partial to my Dior Hydraction TM… but who knows, maybe there’s room in my heart for two HGs) and partially interested in the El Dorado pencil (only because it looks super similar to the L’oreal HIP one).

I am on a no-buying hold until I move out and into a new place in May (hoarding a nest egg in case of deposits and fees…) so I am so seriously lemming all of these. Ughhh, want D:

• 3/31/10 13:49 the Muse:

LOL audrey you’re as shallow as me with packaging chick! :-D el dorado looks very nice! oh they will be there hun, get moved first and take care of that important stuff than grab some UD as a reward later :D

• 3/30/10 21:10 dina:

i’m thinking possibly the tinted moisturizer and the palette (shocker!) ? :D not so sure, not into the whole setting spray thing yet . … does it really have much of an impact on wear, sprays in general that is??

• 3/31/10 10:11 the Muse:

dina I tried a few sprays myself but never seen a different but I figure if these fail to set my makeup, they’ll make good preps for moisturizer :-D

• 3/30/10 21:11 Melissa:

omg- just got home and read the UD email and the first post I read on your blog today is this and I’m drooling- I want the palette, even though its repeats, its much-o portable. I love the baked one in this size. I want all nighter, and NEED max. I really like those silly glosses. Yum. Oh hey – any info on when we might be seeing a summer fnf? I want to haul but you know that list will be longer with FNF! :)

• 3/31/10 10:10 the Muse:

oh melissa I imagine friends and family diiscount for Urban Decay is in the works SOON I’m betting first or second week of April…DEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3/31/10 15:31 Melissa:

I’m hoping so!!! :) It’s funny how that works. If I hauled now I would spend LESS than if their is a discount. Somehow I feel like I’m getting more for my buck with discounts.. Does it make CENTS? no but it makes sense to me :)

• 3/31/10 15:44 the Muse:

lol it makes CENTS melissa :-D UD times those discounts right everytime!

• 3/30/10 22:39 Heather / Eyeconic:

Ohmuhgawd I want that palette *_* The nail polish sets looks cute too.

• 3/31/10 1:01 Kendra:

I feel bad because I normally love UD packaging, but some of these just aren’t doing it for me. That wouldn’t stop me from trying them anyways, though. I’m probably going to check out the de-slick in a tube, the nail polishes, the Max lipgloss, and the El Dorado eyeliner.
    I honestly think they all look like great products, but I have a lot of products already that I could just use instead.

• 3/31/10 10:07 the Muse:

kendra hell girl me too but never stopped me from wanting new EEP! :-D def loving el dorado eyeliner XD

• 3/31/10 2:31 Kelsey:

I SERIOUSLY need that palette..!! And I think I really want those nail polishes and that pinky nude Pocket Rocket. I’m not such a fan of that guy, but who cares. I like the color. lol.

I’m really intrigued by those sprays, too.. Hmm..

• 3/31/10 10:06 the Muse:

lol kel do you pick your gloss by the guy!? :-D!!!!!!!!!!

I need it ALL please!

• 3/31/10 4:14 Jen:

Hey Muse,

I’ve been reading your blog for awhile, but this is the first time I’m commenting… because it’s Urban Decay, and I’m OBSESSED with this brand.

This summer collection though, I’m not really feeling it… Maybe because I’m usually drawn to eyeshadow palettes, but I have all but Flash in that one so it’s kinda meh for me. If anything, with your virtual $200 (thanks, btw! :P), I would get the De-Slick in a tube, the all nighter spray, the tinted moisturizer, Pocket Rocket Max, and El Dorado… maaaaybe the nail polish set. Lawlz.

• 3/31/10 8:37 the Muse:

jen what’s up why you lurking girl, come out and talk to me :-D Me too, haven’t they been awesome lately? they went so long without a release and now the past several seasons it’s one MEGA release after another :-D I understand, totally missing the lack of color in this release but knowing UD I bet they do some cool palette in June or something :-D LOL most welcome :-D money well spent lol! wish I had $200 for everyone REALLY and not virtually! haha!

• 3/31/10 6:14 rachel:

I am interested in Dew Me, if it works it would be amazing! i would have liked a little bit of scent though, something light.

• 3/31/10 8:35 the Muse:

i’d love scent rachel :-D that would be nice!

• 3/31/10 7:52 Bakeneko:

I want the nail kit, the shadow palette, the de-slick gel, the all nighter spray, the de-slick spray and the angel spray :)

• 3/31/10 8:34 the Muse:

nice choices neko and all on my list :-D virtual money well spent my dear!

• 3/31/10 8:04 Tinkerchelle:

Okay, so you know what annoys me about UD palettes? It’s that they keep re-hashing the same permanent colors over and over again. Once you have one, you have them all. Also, why have I been shelling out $16 a pop for single eyeshadows when I could’ve just picked up a pallete and been done with it. I dunno it irks me.
    Crankiness aside, I’m totally psyched to try those spray bottles and the nail polishes look good enough to eat! :D

• 3/31/10 10:02 the Muse:

hey chelle, yea I dig. Although I thank the UD gods for creating exclusive shades in some palettes :-D You gotta admit though they paired these colors up rather nicely :-D I have them all and never though to use ‘em together :D

damn straight, need me some makeup fix sprays :D

• 3/31/10 9:39 Marina:

I’d totally buy the nail set and the Max Pocket Rocket. I have every shade but on in the palette, so I’m gonna pass on that…But how funny is the name Dew Me? Maybe I’m immature, but I was cracking up when I saw it on their site yesterday haha

• 3/31/10 10:01 the Muse:

are you kidding marina? I’m easily amused so dew me totally made me laugh! Hell it’s hump day and I love to just say HUMP out loud LOL yes, indeed, the teenage boy in my body is trying to get out!

• 3/31/10 9:58 Bonnie:

Holy crap I love this!!! I’ve never used Urban Decay before but might have to make an exception!! I would totally get the nail polish set and the De-Slick in a Tube first off! :)

• 3/31/10 9:59 the Muse:

omg never bonnie?! YOU NEED UD in your makeup life!

• 3/31/10 10:08 Maggie:

Okay, so at first I was totally creeped out with the whole nekkid guy on my lip gloss idea, but after seeing the Max lip gloss color, I’m seriously lemming. And it doesn’t hurt that’s he’s probably been the cutest guy on there since they started the collection. :-P

• 3/31/10 10:15 the Muse:

lol maggie….max looks all American good boy :-D

• 3/31/10 10:13 Bonnie:

One more OT thing, Muse: Do you think you might review the new Sejaa (by Gisele) line anytime soon? I read about it in Vogue and am dying to try it out. The mud mask especially is calling my name! I’ve read good things so far on the Internets…but the Muse is the only source I really trust. :)

• 3/31/10 13:41 the Muse:

perhaps in the future bonnie, I’ll look into it babe :-D aw shucks thanks :D *hugs******! I’ll see about a review!

• 3/31/10 11:06 Robyn:

oo i want the all nighter spray and ill have the max lipgloss purely for the puppydog

in reality i will try to contain myself to the spray but that puppy is just damn cute (but i have more lipgloss than i know what to do with never wear it lol)

• 3/31/10 13:40 the Muse:

tell me ’bout it robyn but can’t resist more :D

• 3/31/10 11:57 jonnie:

Ooh, wanna try De-Slick in a Tube, All-Nighter spray, Angel spray, and maybe a tinted moisturizer… I’ve never had good luck with thinted moisturizer but I’m guessing if anyone can make one that works for me it would have to be UD… I think I feel about UD the way you do about MAC! :D

• 3/31/10 13:40 the Muse:

hells agreed jonnie, if UD can’t do it who can :-D UD used to be my HG brand of choice prior to mac :D

• 3/31/10 12:13 Kay:

*drools*

I held off on the cream to powder when I heard about the tinted moisturiser. Can’t wait to read some reviews and see how it does before it hops across the pond! And loooooving the new Pocket Rockets! Sad that we probably won’t get the nail polish though, those colours are gorgeous!

• 3/31/10 13:39 the Muse:

hey kay really can’t wait for the TM myself :-D always up for lighter coverage in the Summer :D

• 3/31/10 17:31 jonnie:

If you don’t mind me chiming in… I LOVE the UD cream to powder. I get lots of compliments on how nice my skin looks when I wear it. I got it the day my local Ulta got it in. ;) You’re probably wise to wait at this point since I’m thinking as much as I love it, it won’t be all that awesome for summer wear… but next fall, do check it out! :)

Just my $0.02…

• 3/31/10 19:38 the Muse:

go right ahead jonnie :-D

• 4/11/10 10:18 Kay:

Sorry this is late, been offline for a few weeks, but thanks for your input, I’ll definitely pick the cream to powder up when summer is over! :)

• 4/12/10 13:20 the Muse:

hey kay awesome :D

• 3/31/10 14:18 Sophia:

Eh. The sprays are sorta cool, and the golden eyeliner too, I guess, and I could do with a tinted moisturizer too – ‘specially sine they (gasp!) come in different shades! Since I have all the shadows/pp in the palette, though, that sadly does not appeal to me, and I’m kind of meh about Pocket Rockets. The nail polish set is cool-esque, but I probs wouldn’t buy it. And come wind or shine (I almost managed to type “whine” which actually seems pretty appropriate when it comes to this comment! ;) Freudian slip?) my skin is perpetually matte.

How boring is Sophia? So boring! :P But I’m pretty sure I won’t be indulging in any of this collection. Maybe one of the sprays in that case, or a tint!moist as long as it doesn’t zip me to high heaven. That means more makeup left for youse guys, though, yeah? You can have my remaining virtual $ if you want it, MuseyMuse! <333 So much love to you & your formidable blog.

• 3/31/10 14:21 Sophia:

“Zip me to high heaven”? Zit, even! Gosh, good old Sophy’s not doing so well with the good old spelling today, is she? ;D My point was just that I’d be worried about potential acne – particularly since Asos (whence I would have to order my UD) does not have a superb return policy, to the best of my knowledge.

• 3/31/10 14:38 Audrey D:

ive been dying to get my hands on Max ever since urban decay used it in the spring 2010 photos. it’s the pink nude color i’ve been searching high and low for

• 3/31/10 14:44 the Muse:

audrey quite eager for it myself :-D

• 3/31/10 17:57 Chung:

I’m totally getting that palette (it has all the colours I love <3)! Thanks for the heads up.

• 3/31/10 19:38 the Muse:

my pleasure chung!

• 3/31/10 22:34 Angel:

“When the oil production of your face rivals a small OPEC nation…”

LOL!!! Ya that’s meee! =P

• 4/1/10 11:25 Lisa:

OMG, I have to have that All Nighter and De Slick spray! Living in FL, my make up melts off (or sweats off) in 5 min flat! The price is kinda steep, but to think you’re spraying it…it should last. I wonder how big the bottles are. And the packaging leaves much to be desired. Looks like some chincy drugstore spray bottle. Yuck!!!
    I totally love that pinky nude lipgloss too. What a great release!

• 4/1/10 12:22 the Muse:

lisa bottles are 4 oz doll :-D packaging was kinda blah for me too but now kinda diggin’ on it, has a certain retro feel to it!

• 4/1/10 11:38 Miss Molly:

Holy moly, I want that palette! I wish that the outside matched the inside with the pictures of 60s-type people.

• 4/1/10 12:21 the Muse:

oh true miss molly they got that woodstock vibe on the inside :D

• 4/1/10 11:41 Miss Molly:

Oh, and UD has a Friends & Family sale this month, don’t they? Def getting that palette!

• 4/1/10 12:12 the Muse:

for shiz molly normally april that’s when FF hits!

• 4/1/10 15:19 Jen:

OMG, April?! Yikes. Sorry wallet, looks like you’re gonna take a beating…

• 4/1/10 15:21 the Muse:

jen normally april FF def falls :-D ha good luck keeping your cash in your wallet!

• 4/1/10 15:26 Jen:

Yeah, that’s so not gonna happen. I’ve had my eye on a bunch of UD stuff for awhile now, and I was waiting for the next FF. Believe you me, I’m gonna haul. :D Love UD!

• 4/1/10 15:29 the Muse:

aw jen I hear the credit cards sobbing your name :-D or wait was that an angel singing?!

• 4/1/10 23:21 Jen:

Angel singing, definitely. ;)

• 4/2/10 0:08 the Muse:

hehe jen for sure!

• 4/1/10 21:13 sparklyblind:

I’d def go for the new nail set, even though I have a few similar OPI shades in pink or corals, I love how they have Summer Of Love written all groovy style on each little bottle. Heck, I’d pick up a spare of the older Fall colors that are on markdown because I really loved them! I’ve got the Original Powder De-Slick but I’d be willing to give the new De-Slick Spray a chance. Not the Tube though, I already am in LOVE with my Murad Oil Control with SPF 15 so it’s not very impressive to me or something I’d use. I have to agree, besides the cute Summer of Love design, I’m not really feeling these other package styles. The SPF Tint reminds me of a spray paint can! But, you know, that would actually be a cool thing to try for a very airbrushed look but I guess that way of spraying is a no no for the environment. That’s why I kinda doubt the new sprays in general, I’ve owned a similar type of spray product from Medi-Mat to combat grease face & it was great I thought at first but since I carried it around to use throughout the hot summer days it got clogged & would spray all wrong. Eventually I started carrying around cotton balls so I wouldn’t let the product go to waste & gently dabbing it on. All in all I’m not super excited for the ne UD release. I have the same shadow palette gripe and already use other awesome products like the Murad & Philosophy’s The Present to prime. I do love the new pinky-peach shade of Max but I still can’t stand to wear those. I keep trying though! I got the Hall of Fame set & actually wore that one until it wore off but that scent is just like, migraine inducing for me:( I can’t wait to stock up on lipsticks if they do have the FF Sale soon, I LOVE those.

• 4/1/10 21:31 mercedes:

hmm..think ill wait for your review before i jump on the collection,but im totally loving on the nail polish set,the pallete,de slick in a tube,max and all nighter.

• 4/2/10 2:18 Aimee Pan:

WOW, the sprays, the tinted moisturizer, and the de-slick in a tube… all very intriguing!!!

• 4/2/10 9:46 the Muse:

aimee delick is rockin’ it like nobody’s biz!

• 4/6/10 20:10 Helen:

I definitely need to try those sprays and the primer. It’s in the 80s here and my makeup just slides off… UD’s F&F discount is up, ladies!

• 4/6/10 20:13 the Muse:

helen me too, def wanting the mists :-D ordered all four earlier yay!

• 4/7/10 11:37 Gidget:

I really want all of the mists, and the tinted moisturizer. The nail polish set is super cute, and a decent value for the price. I could do with out the palette though. Doesn’t everyone already own those colours by now? I know I do!

• 4/12/10 15:43 the Muse:

lol yup for sure gidget :D

• 4/9/10 4:21 Rain:

I’m a total UD fan, I have all these shades except Flash (I think) hehe…Will you do a give away? I’ve read something about virtual money? (fingers crossed!) I’m on a tight budget and can’t buy them all and I seriously want that palette, the tinted moisturiser, the de-slick tube and gorgeous el dorado gold 24/7 liner =) Thanks for the reviews more power!!!

• 4/12/10 14:27 the Muse:

hi rain virtual money was a game, wasn’t really giving money or product away :)

I won’t have a giveaway for UD summer no but I do giveaways for other goodies from time to time. Hope this helps.

Glad you enjoyed the review!