Beauty Most Unusual: An Unusual Lip Gloss

LipGloss Beauty Unusual

At first glance 2 Love My Lips Lip Gloss is your typical range of lip gloss in a few interesting shades. Mind you, its an indie brand I’ve never heard of but you know the Muse, boldly going where no Muse has gone before in the beauty world.

But….don’t let that typical lip gloss look full you! 2 Love My Lips Gloss has something a little bit different about it!

Jump!

Where as Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss has pheromones to attract men, 2 Love My Lips actually repels guys, the nasty, crazy, weird ones that is.

The gloss combines plumping, breath freshening, and a glossy finish along with a cleverly packaged spike detector kit. Yup, you read that right. I’m not sure exactly how the gloss conceals the test strip but it would be interesting to see the actual packaging.

Although I have to say that the instructions for use are a little too complicated to perform when out on a date or in a club.

• Carry out your test in a well lit area
  • The card contains two tests; each test contains two test spots indicated by a circle at each end of the strip
  • Place a drop of your drink onto both control spots on each end of the strip
  • Smear each drop gently over the circle, with a finger, straw or similar
  • DO NOT MIX the chemicals from each spot together: use separate stirrers
  • Wait until the card is fully dry.
  • If either spot turns dark blue, GHB and/or KETAMINE has been detected.

Imagine whipping out a test card and going all rocket scientist in a club or bar? I guess better safe than sorry though but still…..

I gotta say it does fall into a Beauty Most Unusual category for me.

What do you think?

Beauty Most Unusual or a safe way to wear your lipgloss?

Share it!

Check it out at www.2lovemylips.co.uk

• 4/28/10 13:53 Paloma:

I think it’s fantastic idea :) I spoke about it in my blog a while ago because I stumbled on it in a magazine….My only issue is it says that it is not 100% reliable and whatnot….so what’s the point?

• 4/28/10 14:01 the Muse:

I didn’t see that paloma? what’s the point indeed LOL I seen Zara had posted about it on Kiss and Makeup which is where I seen it and proceeded to look into it.

• 4/28/10 15:02 Kelsey:

clever!

• 4/28/10 15:18 Sarah:

Is this to test for the date rap drug?

• 4/28/10 15:24 the Muse:

Dunno if its signaled to any particular drug Sarah to be honest but it checks to see if your drink is spiked so could be checking for any number of various drugs…not sure though. You can email the company to ask :)

• 4/28/10 17:57 Robyn:

i like the idea think i would have to test it at a party or something to see if it did really react and was trust worthy

guess its safest still to always keep hold of your drink and watch it being poured but stills like the idea bit random with lipgloss though ?

• 4/28/10 19:02 jonnie:

I guess if even a couple women are helped out of a potential bad situation it’s a good thing… it makes me kinda sad that such a thing is necessary to keep people from being evil to other people. :(

• 4/28/10 20:52 Lillian:

I think it’s a fantastic idea!

• 4/28/10 21:53 Kaoru:

I think that’s a wonderful idea. Granted, it’s a first stage idea, so there need to be a few changes (like maybe have the end of the gloss have the strip, and you just dip it. Make the indicator easier to read, etc), but still, a wonderful idea.

• 4/28/10 21:59 Comrade_Garlic:

It’s a nice idea, but complicated. Is there any wavier or fine print that keeps the company from getting sued in case it doesn’t work?

• 4/29/10 19:18 the Muse:

not sure comrade didn’t explore the site much but I imagine yes?!

• 4/28/10 22:53 Julia:

Or just never accept drinks from strangers.

• 4/29/10 2:39 Ceriene:

Sounds like a better solution, since it’s more reliable and it’s free. :)