Musings of the Day: What Skincare Would You Have Pair Up With Your Clarisonic Brush?

Clarisonic Philosophy Value Set

Check it!

Clarisonic has paired up with Philosophy to offer a value set featuring everyone’s favorite skin cleaning brush plus Philosophy Skincare, cool right?

The Clarisonic Philosophy Value Set is $225 and includes all of the following items:

• Clarisonic Brush with Sensitive Brush Head, Body Brush Head, and Normal Brush Heads
  • Philosophy Amazing Grace Perfumed Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser
  • Philosophy Hope In A Jar

As I drooled over the wonders of this set, I got to thinking, what skincare would I pair up with my Clarisonic Brush?

Wanna muse it?

Jump!

So if you could create your ideal skincare gift set that’s paired up with a Clarisonic Brush what would you choose?

As for me, believe it or not, I kinda dig on the Gentle Hydro Cleanser that already comes with the brush. I’ve tried using it with my Philosophy Purity and didn’t like the results. I also tried it with several of my other cleansers and again didn’t love the results but the Gentle Hydro Cleanser really works perfectly combined with the brush, absolutely loves it and prob wouldn’t try any other cleansers with my brush.

How about you?

What would be your ideal skincare package paired up the Clarisonic?

Share it!

• 4/1/10 12:03 kirsty:

This is something I am curious about. I would like to buy the brush one day, so I have been wondering what products would work well with it!

• 4/1/10 12:11 the Muse:

hey kirsty for a while purity worked well for me but it started to dry me out a little bit, now I really like they hydro cleanser that came with the brush :-D It just seems to WORK well without alot of bells and whistles. Caudalie just recommended their gentle buffing cream and cleanser for sensitive skin on Twitter, I have the gentle cleanser, def need to try that out :D

• 4/1/10 13:01 Carol L:

I actually do use my Clarisonic with Philosophy’s Purity, but wouldn’t mind seeing it paired up with Cetiphil.

• 4/1/10 13:03 the Muse:

hey carol! I stopped b/c it seemed to be drying my face out? hmmm cetiphil that’s and interesting one :-D

• 4/1/10 13:51 Lisamarie:

My clarisonic (pink) and I have been having a mad passionate affair since Christmas and unlike most relationships, the love hasn’t died out yet. But I agree, finding the right cleanser to work with it is tricky. I don’t like liquid ones because if I put them right on the brush, I feel like it all goes to the bottom and not on my face and if I put them right on my face, they drip in my eyes – I’m so high maintenance! My 2 faves are both from Clarins – the beauty soap – you just wet the brush and swirl it around on the soap or the Pure Melt Cleansing Gel which is heaven, put it on your face, it’s a gel, rub it in, then it’s an oil and wet it, then it’s a milk!

Best, Lisamarie

• 4/1/10 14:53 the Muse:

hey lisa!

Been retesting since xmas myself and liking what I see! OMG I have clarins soap that would be cool, must TRY THAT! never thought to do so :-D never tried pure melt cleansing gel but def will give that a whirl :D

• 4/1/10 14:57 Lisamarie:

Yes, you must try! Hey, aren’t you supposed to be seeing some peice of drek movie, I mean cinematic masterpiece right about now?

Best, Lisamarie

• 4/1/10 15:19 the Muse:

lisa clash of the titans? :-D tomorrow for shiz!

• 4/1/10 15:18 imprompturoses:

I really like this, although I wish they would do a pairing with the mia. I’ve been debating between both the yellow & the pink version (and whether to wait for a sale), and can’t decide between them!

• 4/1/10 15:22 the Muse:

roses 15% off at sephora shortly dear heart, will alert you about it soon :-D

• 4/1/10 22:28 Comrade_Garlic:

I’m black to loving my Clarisonic. I didn’t like it with Purity or other creamy cleansers. Asian foamy cleansers didn’t seem to do that well either. So far I really like DDF Glycolic and Brightening cleanser.

• 4/5/10 16:34 the Muse:

foaming cleansers dry me out when paired with the brush comrade ACK!

• 4/2/10 3:23 Melissa:

I use it almost daily with Cetaphil or Lush Aqua Marina. I apply either one all over in a thin layer then clarisonic myself happy. :) With the Aqua Marina my skin feels softer but it feels cleaner with the Cetaphil. I’ve tried it with purity and with the Caudalie foam soap too and neither were bad :)

• 4/3/10 6:13 Renata:

Great post! Mine isn’t home yet, but I was just thinking about this! Thank you. :)

• 4/12/10 16:06 the Muse:

my pleasure renata :D

• 4/3/10 22:46 Anna:

I’ve used it both with Purity and with its own cleanser. A few months ago, I noticed that Purity was drying my face as well. In fact the skin on the side of my face near my ears was dry and peeling. That’s when I realized I wasn’t rinsing the soap off very well in that area and started to make a point of rinsing my entire face off and drying thoroughly with a towel. I still use purity with my clarisonic, I like how it removes the makeup- particularly eye make-up and mascara- yes I run the clarisonic gently over my eyes with no sting or burn ( I love my Clarisonic ;) and the irritation cleared up after a few weeks.

• 12/26/10 14:57 PeaceLovePanic:

I love my mia. can’t wash my face without it anymore. lately, I’ve been using purity in the morning and Murad’s time release acne cleanser at night. I just don’t feel clean at night if I don’t use a salicylic acid cleanser to get off all the grime. Murad’s cleanser is .5% salicylic acid which is perfect because it doesn’t dry me out but gets all the city grime and makeup off. but in the end its my mia i cannot live without!