Yay or Nay: Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss

Avon Lipglaze

I’m trying to remember if I ever tried Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss prior to today.  I could swear I had one a really time ago but can’t for the life of me remember if I liked it or not…hmm….that’s what happens when you’re a beauty junkie, you simply forget what you have and haven’t tried. It all begins to run together and you start experiencing sad little senior moments and brain farts as you try to recall product details. This is around the time they stick you in a beauty nursing home, this would be where all fabulous beauty junkies go after their mind is burnt out from too much product.

Anyway!

What do you think of Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss?

Yay or Nay?

Jump!

Well…I got a crumb load of Avon Glazewear to try this week and I was kinda impressed particularly because they will only set you back $6 bucks each (sometimes cheaper during a sale). They have ‘em in a wide variety of colors and finishes plus the affordable price tag always helps so I gotta say, at this point in my testing, I’m going to say Yay!

Do share!

Really curious how you’re feeling about Glazewear and whether you’re yay’ing all the way or no way’ing them.

Discuss!

• 5/5/10 21:40 amy:

Love ‘em- they are a little on the runny side but for the price, color, opacity, scent, and formula, I think its def. something gloss lovers need to check out during a sale.

• 5/5/10 22:08 the Muse:

agreed amy!

• 5/5/10 21:41 Marilyn @ Lipgloss and Spandex:

I didn’t particularly care for them. I found the pigmentation to be lacking and the texture and scent and packaging to be “meh.” But it’s just personal preference.

• 5/5/10 22:08 the Muse:

hey marilyn I’m testing them now. so far I like some finishes where as others I felt were lacking :-D I love the shimmer but not so much on some of the other finishes…but we’ll see :-D

• 5/5/10 23:08 Ashleigh:

the clear one used to be my go to gloss in middle/high school. my mom stopped selling avon so i stopped getting discounted glosses;)

• 5/5/10 23:20 the Muse:

ashleigh how are u ? long time no see! I’m trying the clear one out shortly :-D curious minds!

• 5/5/10 23:24 Ashleigh:

i’m thinking of ordering another one just for old times sake:) i’ve been a little MIA from the internet lately, just moved into a new apartment

• 5/5/10 23:41 the Muse:

lol ashleigh relive the joy :-D

oh cool how’s the new place? :-D

• 5/5/10 23:18 Paloma:

I like some of them….but the lighter shades and the “crimson” barely show any pigmentation…

• 5/6/10 0:10 Hendrix:

I have two, Darling Pink and Something Something Vamp (which I think is discontinued?), and I really like them.

• 5/6/10 3:50 Jane:

lip gloss is great but I couldn’t find the shade I was looking for

• 5/6/10 4:50 amelie:

i just ordered one of these in a goldish-taupe color. i didn’t really care for it, as pigmentation was lacking :( but as something to just add shine, i think it’s okay~!

• 5/6/10 9:03 the Muse:

hey amelie aw that stinks but hey for the price right?

• 5/6/10 8:26 laura r:

i have 2 from various specials where they came free with a certain amount of purchase; one’s bright coral (LE) and the other is a dark rose pink. i really like them and i think their price is fair, and sales are frequent. they smell like vanilla pudding to me! for me, they last several hours, and feel very moisturizing. definitely on the tacky side of lipgloss- and pretty thick.

• 5/6/10 8:55 the Muse:

laura sounds great to me :-D I didn’t get the vanilla pudding taste though must go try again hehe!

• 5/6/10 13:56 savannah:

wonderful lipgloss. color payoff is good. they have color knock offs of more expensive brands.

• 5/6/10 15:20 Charmaine:

These are my absolute FAVE glosses!
    To quote Depeche Mode, I — ‘Just Can’t Get Enough’ !!!
    IMO they smell yummm, the color payoff is great and can be adjusted to my liking [duh], they go on sale for like 2 bucks quite often, they’re soooo smoooooooooooooooooth and creamy and they smell yummm, did I mention they smell yummm? lol I am a lippie ‘eater’ [I chew on my lips a lot, helps me think - left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot...lmao!], so it helps to not be subjected to *meh* scents/flavors. I also adore CG & Rimmel for their yummy & purdy glosses, but I am an Avon freak! plus me n my ‘Avon Lady’ are buds [we hang out], and Shirley is such a doll she always throws little extras in the bag for me [not just samples, FULL SIZE products!], I am spoiled

*ahem*

these are my fave glosses;-)

• 5/7/10 16:04 the Muse:

oh char you did not go depeche mode on me w00t :-D LOL!

LOL :-D i want an avon girl *stamps foot* and free x’s :)

• 5/7/10 15:53 DivineMsN:

Raisin Glaze is my go to fall/winter color. I like the consistency but I think that the brush is lacking. IMO it applies the lip gloss too thick sometimes.

• 5/7/10 15:56 the Muse:

‘ello divine :-D I HATE sponge tip applicators :-D but I don’t mind thicker gloss tbh :-D

• 5/22/10 15:47 morgan:

I don’t really care for the colored ones..I think you can find a lot better gloss for just as cheap..but since I found them last summer I have been keeping the clear around because it has SPF15 in it which is rare for a gloss..so it protect my lips and its decently shiny…other wise id have to use chapstick then gloss..so its saves me a product..but im no where near amazed with it….

• 6/27/10 4:15 michelley:

ive been into avon since i was a little girl – selling avon runs in the family lol. i LOVE the glazewears, i get the dazzle shades which are almost no color with some sparkle and shine to them. summer of 07 they had a few lim. ed. colors out which i loved, they looked nice and pink in the tube but then were super duper sheer and i think had little to no shimmer. very subtle. i love this formula. and another great one that is the same as this (actually i think the formula might be better) are the hook up glosses from mark, the sister company to avon. i am an urban decay girl for life when it comes to eye makeup, but avon/mark owns my heart when it comes to those glosses. also, mark used to have this tattoo lash mascara that was AMAZING, it was like lash injection but i believe the brush was even fatter, it was my all time fave…. boo for favorite products being discontinued (and boo for having a stockpile of said products and then having the entire stash stolen by a roommates girlfriend!)