Sephora Color Diary Palette

Sephora Color Diary Palette 1

Well now, sometimes, you gotta give Sephora a little credit for originality. Several months ago you might remember I was pretty intrigued by the Sephora Color Play 5 in 1 Palette.

Sephora actually took the design and idea behind that palette and created the new Color Diary Palette. This is interesting and well designed in my opinion however quality makeup wise probably varies but you never know.

Take a look!

Jump!

Sephora Color Diary Palette 3

So it’s five snap in eyeshadow palettes….meaning you get one HUGE palette however each compact snaps out into five separate color compacts that have contrasting themed shades.

Interchangeable Color Palettes Include:

• Hot Date At Eight (seductive, smoky grays and black)
  • Relax And Unplug (shimmery nudes and soft browns)
  • Meditation Retreat (soothing greens and browns)
  • Day At The Museum (primary colors like red, yellow and blue)
  • Must Get New Shoes (flirty pinks and purples)

Sephora Color Diary Palette 5

Sephora Color Diary Palette 8

Sephora Color Diary Palette 7

Sephora Color Diary Palette 6

Sephora Color Diary Palette 4

Sephora Color Diary Palette 2

Each set contains:

• Six Eyeshadows
  • 1 Blush
  • 1 Lip Gloss

Which means you’re getting a total of 30 eyeshadows, six blushes, and six glosses for $34.

Now the shades all look wearable aside from Day At The Museum (primary colors aren’t exactly easy to pull off in my opinion) which could make the palette a slight bust however looking at the close up shots the other compacts aren’t half bad. Makeup quality of course really varies with Sephora but the design on this is without a doubt stupendous.

It’s almost as if you’re getting some sort of complete set of MAC Holiday Palettes plus blush and gloss (not the quality of MAC obviously).

I’m thinking I really need to see this one up close and personal.

What do you think?

Available now from Sephora.

• 8/31/10 14:26 mav:

OOOH looks interesting… I personally have good experiences with all sephora brand makeup.. so we’ll see about this one! I really wanted to get my hands on the Color Play 5-in-1 palette but I was already too late. :P Maybe this one will be better! I like the smaller palettes vs. the long rectangular one. :D

• 8/31/10 14:32 the Muse:

me too mav! I wanted the 5 in 1 as well but never indulged but I like how these are smaller as well :-D

• 8/31/10 14:33 Eve:

Even if Sephora’s makeup quality is bad (which I’ve never tried) you have to give them credit for a really neat idea!

• 8/31/10 14:35 the Muse:

agreed eve. the palette design is frakking awesome!

• 8/31/10 15:35 Lenna:

I have yet to really play with Sephora brand makeup, but I usually play with drugstore brand. This looks interesting. Love how they have glosses in a container instead of just little pans of gloss. Those just get super messy.

• 8/31/10 15:42 the Muse:

I agree lenna def love that they have the gloss separate!

• 8/31/10 15:52 Dina:

what a fantastically cute and practical idea. i’ve had hit n miss w/ sephora brand as well. darnit, i’m intrigued.

• 8/31/10 15:56 the Muse:

agreed Dina. quite cute dontcha think!? :D

• 8/31/10 15:55 carissa:

i totally agree with lenna, i hate how most pallettes have lipgloss pans. it turns me off because even if you like the color of gloss and want to wear it, you’ll rarely bring a pallette with you in your bag due to the rather large size of most pallettes, such as a Sephora Blockbuster pallette for example. thus you can apply it once when you leave the house and hope that the color lasts! but the small size of these coupled with the inclusion of a real tube of lipgloss makes this one very intriguing!!

• 8/31/10 16:17 the Muse:

carissa yup plus the mess of having powder and gloss together :P

• 8/31/10 16:16 Sarah G.:

These would be great to throw in your bag with a little brush set for touch ups. I’ve yet to try out Sephora brand, but I might have to go check this out!

• 8/31/10 16:27 the Muse:

sarah def! :D

• 9/1/10 11:10 Charlene J.:

Awww gosh! This looks amazing! Way more practical than the other tone… I hope the pigmentation’s good though! But more often than not, it’s the case of good-packing-meh-pigmentation or awesome-pigmentation-awful-packaging… *crosses fingers*

• 9/1/10 12:38 the Muse:

charlene couldn’t have said it better myself one can hope we get both this time!

• 9/1/10 18:15 jerseygrrrl78:

Saw these at Sephora the other day and was impressed with the packaging and color selection. I really like how the lipgloss comes in a tube. It sucks when you have a combo palette and eyeshadow crumbs end up in the gloss pan, yuck! Sadly I couldn’t justify purchasing, though, because the blush in Meditation Retreat was a garish shade of orange and I wouldn’t use the Day at the Museum or Must Get New Shoes palettes.

• 9/7/10 16:28 the Muse:

agreed jerseygirl that grossness def sways my palette purchasing :P

• 9/1/10 19:17 kali:

This looks great! ..But only if the quality is there. Every time I pick up a Sephora Brand palette/eyeshadow, I never use it. =(

• 9/2/10 16:13 the Muse:

same kali :P

• 9/1/10 20:12 Vonvon:

WANT!!! Awesome… also because I am crazy over palettes and LIKE the idea that gloss is included in each one but in a tube form. Hygienic and no yucky ‘dust’ on them after a while! YAY!!

• 9/2/10 16:09 the Muse:

vonvon AGREED :) no grossness!

• 9/1/10 23:27 Erica B.:

I have several Sephora palettes including the 5 -1 and I LOVE them!! I think they are very pigmented and wear great. I also have a few from Ulta and could have left those in the store. I am thinking I will add this to my collection!!

• 9/2/10 13:24 the Muse:

awesome to hear erica ;-D i think I want it too!

• 9/2/10 15:47 HautePJ:

I’m a big fan of the 5-in-1 and thought that packaging was great (and good eyeshadow pigmentation), but this is even better. Finally a way to take it on the go in a smaller package and with a tube of lipgloss, not a pan! I can’t wait to take a look at these, although I just indulged in the new blockbuster palette so I really don’t NEED this, lol.

• 9/2/10 16:02 the Muse:

ha PJ! you and me both! got my blockbuster recently but now I want this, actually I just want the brown/green palette can I has it separate now please?

• 9/2/10 16:25 HautePJ:

Yea the shimmery nudes palette is calling my name! And I agree the primary colors one looks totally unwearable. They should have done coppers/maroons instead.

• 9/2/10 16:29 the Muse:

pj that’s one thing that is keeping me from indulging….I’d toss those mattes aside :P

• 9/4/10 15:16 HautePJ:

I picked it up yesterday and it’s glorious! The shades have nice pigmentation, glosses are pretty ,and the blushes swatched nicely but I haven’t tried them on my face. So far the pink/purple has the best color. The primary colors one is actually somewhat wearable if you sheer it out and the clear gloss goes with everything. Too bad the black container shows every single fingerprint. This will def go into rotation for when I travel and don’t want to risk losing more expensive makeup!

• 9/7/10 10:37 the Muse:

pj so jealous I wants this :-D god, pet peeve, fingerprints!

• 10/5/10 8:11 Courtney:

Just got mine last night and I’m pretty pleased with it so far. The colors swatch nicely but I’ve only used the one with the nudes in it so far on my face. I’m really digging the packaging too (though the fingerprints thing is annoying). Pigmentation is okay. It’s not super awesome or anything but it’s not as bad as drugstore makeup either. I’d say it’s comparable pigment-wise to the shadows in the Stila Travel Palettes (which as we all know aren’t as great as the regular Stila shadows). Anyway, I really like it so far. As for the primary color palette, it’s really not too bad. The only colors I think are completely unwearable are the red and yellow. The yellow could work on someone with a darker skin tone maybe but I have no idea who in their right mind would want to put red anything near their eyes. Maybe save the primary colors for a Halloween look?

• 10/6/10 11:34 the Muse:

oh awesome court. it’s in my cart trying to decide or not if i need during ff! You rock thanks for the mini review ;-D Kinda please to hear the primary colors aren’t too bad! weeeeeee!