Yay or Nay: Sephora Baked Moonshadow Trio

Sephora Baked Moonshadow Trio 1

My little eye spies a possible dupe of MAC Mineralized Eyeshadow Trios….

And it’s by Sephora.

Check it!

They could be twins can’t they?

This collection of baked shadows has a dose of diamond dust shimmer and is available in six selections.

Sephora Baked Moonshadow Trio 2

MAC’s had their version priced at $23.50 and Sephora has ‘em for $17.

Whether or not Sephora’s live up to MAC’s formula remains to be seen, I doubt it, but it’s damn fun to speculate.

If you missed MAC’s version you might wanna check these out!

Available now at Sephora.

Yay?

Nay?

Share it!

• 10/25/10 11:25 Jennifer:

nay :(!!! i own one shadow from sephora before and it cracked by itself (i didn’t drop it or anything)

• 10/25/10 11:26 the Muse:

aw sorry to hear it jennifer. Honestly havent had a heap of success with Sephora shadows either :P

• 10/25/10 11:51 kelly:

I haven’t tried these, but I know the one of the Sephora lines of shadow was just reformulated and employees were raving about it. The new formulation is in the holiday kit and the Kat VonD holiday kit. I don’t know about these, tho….

• 10/25/10 11:59 the Muse:

interesting thanks for the deets kelly ;D

• 10/25/10 12:07 peri:

i saw this on their website and think its SO pretty. but theres no way ill order it, id have to see it in store and play with it there to decide how i feel about it. but theres a glimmer of hope thatll inevitably be dashed because ive never had much success with their stuff lol

• 10/25/10 12:35 the Muse:

lol ditto peri ;-D but I’ll play none the less!

• 10/25/10 15:15 donna:

i would say drop the few extra bucks and get a quality eyeshadow from mac. and no, i’m not one of those crazy mac girls. >< …i'm getting there! haha

• 10/27/10 14:22 the Muse:

lol donna join the dark side, we has cookies!

• 10/25/10 19:58 Danielle:

I wouldn’t mind testing this out in store, and over a base. I am usually disappointed with mineral/baked shadows without a base (with exception to Laura Geller who is, IMO queen of all things baked). I saw these when placing my recent F&F orders but decided against it. I too find Sephora’s eyeshadows to be a bit dry and chalky–though I do have some VERY unique shades from their line (enter glittery girls “tango night”, “paris romance” and “mysterious forest” all of which I love less the fallout). I don’t think this is something I would be comfortable buying sight unseen.

Incidentally, on the topic of Sephora, I find that the 3 day shipping option is no faster than regular shipping. I tested my theory with the recent F&F sale. I placed one order on Thursday and one on Friday, Thursday’s order I paid the $3 for 3 day shipping. They both arrive tomorrow and the day after. No difference! Not sure it’s worth the 3 bucks ladies!

• 10/26/10 0:15 breyerchic04:

Have no idea.

I did get a sephora cream liner that I like a lot.

• 10/26/10 13:26 PinkyKathy:

I just played those e/s in Sephora on the other day. They are really nice and great pigment!! But I think the price should be $13-15.

• 10/27/10 10:00 the Muse:

that sounds fair kathy ;D

• 11/4/10 0:59 Jacob:

I have played with these and I swear they are exactly the same as the mac ones that came out with Red She Said a few years ago. They are great!
    Also if you haven’t tried Sephora’s new single eye shadow formula you need to now! They are beautifully creamy and pigmented. And dare I say it….better than a lot of mac eye shadows.
    No I don’t work at Sephora. haha. Seriously check ‘em out.

• 11/4/10 11:54 the Muse:

thanks jacob ;-D alot of folks have been raving the new mono formula so I admit to being curious ;-D Maybe I’ll check ‘em out! thanks for your mini review!

• 9/8/11 20:17 Ainsley:

I started using this product and after about 4 days I got an allergic reaction from using the eye shadow, which I actually paid 22.60 for.