Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder Physicians Formula Airbrushing Kabuki Brush 2011

Physicians Formula extends its Mineral Wear Collection with a new loose powder and a very interesting beauty tool!

Let’s have a peek!

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30 ($13.95)

Physicians Formula Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder Physicians Formula Airbrushing Kabuki Brush 1

What Physicians Formula says about it:

• Ultra-fine mineral powder delivers impeccable coverage for a flawless airbrushed finish.
  • Visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and sun damage.
  • Formulated with soothing plant extracts, protective antioxidants, nourishing Vitamins C and E and SPF 30.
  • The result is a visibly firm, smooth, healthy and youthful complexion.

Available in:

• Creamy Natural
  • Natural Beige
  • Transculent Light

What I say about it:

I love the Creamy Natural Mosaic Powder and was quite chuffed to see the shade available in this formula however I’ve tried their other mineral foundation before and didn’t particularly love it but chalk that up to the really bad brush….I’ll grab this but I’ll have my receipt handy just in case!

Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Airbrushing Kabuki Brush $10.95

What Physicians Formula says about it:

• Professional quality mineral makeup tool delivers the ultimate flawless and seamless coverage.
  • New ultra-dense flat shape enhances the natural blendability of mineral pigments, buffing on skin for a completely uniform and even application of powder.
  • The result is a visibly soft, smooth, perfectly even complexion with an airbrushed finish.

What I say about it:

I don’t have a great track record with PF’s brushes, honestly, does anyone? So I’m a bit wary of purchasing this but I’ll indulge regardless because I love this design. Bourjois Paris has a similiar kabuki with shorter bristles and it works like a dream buffing foundation into your skin for a flawless, airbrushed appearance. Count me curious if Physicians Formula’s version lives up to Bourjois’ great talents!

Thoughts?

Share ‘em!

Available now at your local drugstore.

• 2/1/11 18:54 cathee:

i’m suuuuuuper interested in this…could it possibly work better than my bare minerals?
    say the words ‘flawless’ and ‘airbrush’ and im all in.

• 2/2/11 11:44 the Muse:

ha me too cathee they promise me flawless and I’m ON it!

• 2/1/11 20:00 Stephanie L.:

I bought the brush, and I have to say that I quite like it. I hope that you like it, too. The bristles are super soft, and I have not seen any shedding with daily use since I bought it. I would say that it took a little longer than some of my other brushes to dry, but I think that that is due to this being a super dense brush. The results are great and it feels so good on my skin. The only bad part is that the plastic handle feels cheap, but I can get over that with the results that I have been getting through performance. You cannot beat the price either, $8 with the $3 off coupon! Good Luck!!! :D

• 2/2/11 11:51 the Muse:

brilliant Stephanie thanks girl!!!!!!!!! I’m excited to try!

• 2/1/11 20:45 Phyrra:

I’m eagerly awaiting your review.

• 2/2/11 11:41 the Muse:

it’s a coming dd ;D!

• 2/2/11 0:29 kris:

I picked both up last week during a BOGO1\2 off. They both had $3 coupons attached too. The kabuki is extra soft, love it. I haven’t actually used it to apply foundation, but will soon. The short bristles are an interesting concept and the brush is super cute.

As for the loose powder, I haven’t tried that either. Did you pick yours up yet? The little brush inside doesn’t feel half bad, but I can’t figure out if it’s animal hair or synthetic. I much prefer synthetic for ethical reasons. Hope this is ok to post:

• 2/2/11 0:31 kris:

FYI, there’s one slot for the kabuki brush per “Mineral Wear” display when I saw it. I grabbed it right away :)

• 2/10/11 14:23 the Muse:

kris I noticed this! ha that’s what I did, grabbed it and ran LOL!

• 2/2/11 6:44 Mara:

The kabuki brush looks like it has potential. I might have to get it.

• 2/2/11 9:32 the Muse:

mara same here, kinda feeling the love!

• 2/2/11 11:11 Josh:

OMG — The Airbrush foundation is terrible! Normally the PF Mineral line matches me in Translucent Light — I’m like an NC10 — so, I gave it a shot. It’s a horrid shade of orange when buffed in. Also, even on my very oil skin, it looked like a dry mess! Not even the SPF30 was worth keeping this product. Buhhhhhh.

• 2/2/11 11:28 the Muse:

eep josh thanks! money saved!

• 2/2/11 17:36 Nina:

I agree with Josh. The shades were all off! I did like the finish of it because it was glowy and I like that….;)…..but I think I’m gonna stop trying PF powders, because I can’t get a good color match. Sigh.

The brush….I surprisingly love. You know what I love it for? The ole Bare Minerals. I have tried every brush in the world for that foundation and nothing has given me that air-brushed look and enough coverage without looking cakey. I sprinkled a thin layer in the lid, shook it to evenly disperse it, and then just flatly pressed the PF brush into it and slid it over my skin (not buffed). I did apply BE primer, first. But my skin looked better than it ever has with Bare Minerals.

So, I’m going to try it next with pressed powder foundations. The only fear is it picking up too much product and it looking cakey. We’ll see!

• 2/2/11 18:11 the Muse:

nina the brush sounds soooooooooooo promising ;-D I must get it!

• 2/3/11 12:29 LipstickChick:

Haven’t seen this foundation (though I don’t need to, as I love their HealthyWear pressed powder foundation), but I did get the brush, and it’s amaaaazing, imho.

It’s dense, it’s soft, no shedding, and applies my powder foundations (loose and pressed) like a dream :-)

• 2/8/11 15:10 the Muse:

so far my testing with it is ace lipstickchick ;D great brush indeed!

• 2/5/11 17:11 p:

brush=AMAAAZING!
    powder=less than impressive

• 2/11/11 10:13 kris:

the airbrusing powder has no oil absorbing qualities at all. I became an oil slick when using it (I have combo skin). Muse, you might like this mineral makeup, it is pretty moisturizing, if i remember correctly, it has squalene and some other moisturizing ingredients.

• 4/14/13 3:27 Gingerdread:

kris mentioned squalane… is the squalane used in PF products of plant or animal origin? I emailed them to ask, got nothing, googled, came here, etc.