The Skin Food Black Raspberry Eye Cream caught my eye because of the sweet packaging that looks like a little jar of jam. Sweet isn’t it?
But it also had my attention because I’m an absolute fool for any eye creams the Korean brand puts out. I really love their eye creams but they have one major quirk….
An eye cream that contains anti-oxidant black raspberry extract and anti-aging peptides to repair wrinkles while moisturizing dry under eyes!
As I mentioned above the packaging is really rather sweet as it’s a wrapped jar that mimics the look of a jar of old fashion, hand made raspberry jam. Removing the outer wrapping reveals a generously sized jar of eye cream.
For some odd reason I was under the impression it might just smell like raspberries but it actually has an odd herbal dirt smell that was at first unpleasant to my nose but with daily use I ended up somehow liking the scent.
The cream itself is firm to the touch yet creamy. It absorbs easily and leaves behind a nice smooth finish. I like using this in the PM since it is pretty rich however it’s perfectly fine for daily use as well just use sparsely to avoid your concealer slipping and sliding around. I love how moisturizing this is. It really revitalizes and hydrates my very dry under eyes. I actually enjoyed it so much I’m on my second jar!
Like most of the Skin Food Eye Creams I tried it really doesn’t do much in the ways of easing puffiness or fine lines. I really don’t notice any noticeable difference around my eye area aside from the fact that it really eases dryness. Hey, what more could a girl want right? As I always find it hard to find the richest eye cream to moisturize my tired eyes without causing a hooded look or Milia. This does neither so at the least I’m extra grateful for that plus the hydration is worth its weight in gold!
- Those with dry eyes seeking a quality eye cream to hydrate the area without causing Milia seeds, puffiness, or a hooded, tired look.
- Those who want moisture around their eyes but not necessarily an eye cream that treats aging (if you’re well into your youth and have no need of an eye cream for aging issues this will easily treat your dryness without the drama of a harsher formula).
- Those wanting an anti-aging eye cream.
- Those wanting an eye cream to treat the signs of aging.
- Those unwilling to shop online for skincare (this is available exclusively Asian countries so shopping online is key for purchase).
It has its issues but The Skin Food Black Raspberry Eye Cream still manages to deliver a solid, moisturizing experience at the very least and really I can’t help but love it for just that. Add in a little depuff action and some fine line treatment and I’d be ever so inclined to Muse Approve it.
Quite nice but pretty basic eye cream. Worth a haul for those youthful eyes that suffer from dryness but not necessarily fine lines or the signs of early aging. Fab one for the drier eyes out there but don’t expect too many miracles aside from hydration.