Maybelline The Bright Side Great Lash Color Mascara

Maybelline The Bright Side Great Lash Color Mascara

As it extension of their new bright and vibrant Summer Color Collection Maybelline has introduced a limited edition Great Lash Mascara in a teal and green color as well as a Define a Line Eyeliner in the same shades.

I didn’t pick it up as I must be one of the few women in promise me green, teal, or hell even rainbow lashes and it still won’t tempt me into purchasing a tube of Great Lash!

If you’re so inclined this collection is available now at drugstores.

• 5/16/11 20:09 Tammie:

I am so curious about colored mascara but it’s scary! haha

• 5/16/11 20:32 MC:

You know I’m with you on your stanch against “Great” Lash Muse. I totally pass on it.

• 5/16/11 21:29 the Muse:

ha mc ;-D rubbish mascara! *mumbles*

• 5/16/11 20:32 MC:

Stance even..yay typos! XD

• 5/16/11 22:13 Mara:

why do they even still make great lash?! it sucks so bad! i have a 3┬Żyr old tube somewhere around here i only used once and was like “ew” and shoved it in a drawer and never looked at it again.

• 5/16/11 22:21 the Muse:

tradition mara? people reliving the 80’s? haha! don’t forget ever mag under the sun names it thee best mascara evahs! prob were smoking something when they gave out that award.

• 5/16/11 22:44 tiny:

Soooooo skipping the greatlash.. If you want a colored mascara MAC came out with 3 (out of 4) AWESOME colored mascaras with the…. Flighty Collection? (I’d skip the gray personally, but the other 3 are AMAZING!!!)

In fact I’m wearing the blue one right now! :D

• 5/17/11 9:56 the Muse:

and wonder woman tiny recently :)

• 5/17/11 7:29 Nora:

I tell you what. I tried Maybelline’s BIG Great Lash a year or so ago. I honestly LOVED it. But the formula isn’t any different than normal Great Lash, meaning, like so many other women, it made my eyes burn and get bloodshot. But I regret to this day that I can’t use it because I had fanTAStic lashes with it!

• 5/17/11 9:47 telle:

i’ve done the color lashes…i prefer blackest black because it always makes the eye makeup i’ve done pop. Color mascara is nice for a low key summer look with very minimal makeup, i think. :)

• 5/17/11 10:39 Mary the Muse Militant:

Great Lash was voted top mascara years ago (80s I think?) in UK magazines.
    I think they were paid to say “voted”. The beauty editors were the only voters.
    Awful stuff !! Can’t believe they didn’t rename and repackage it and resell it.
    As long as it remains “Great Lash” we know what not to buy.

• 5/17/11 10:50 the Muse:

it gets the same here year after year after year mary! LOL ;-D thank god they don’t rename it lol I know to AVOID at all costs :D!

• 5/17/11 12:09 Becky:

I basically never leave the house without mascara on. But I would totally leave with nothing on than to use Great Lash! It’s that bad! PASS!!!!

• 5/17/11 12:10 the Muse:

lol becky…I hear ya!

• 5/17/11 14:15 eight:

I used to think Great Lash was the shiz, but after trying other mascaras (from drugstore to high-end), I now know how wrong I was!

• 5/17/11 14:35 the Muse:

thank god eight you’ve come to your senses hehe!

• 5/17/11 14:51 Katrosado:

I’ll pass. I don’t like the formulation of this mascara. I tried it once or twice over the years and always ended up tossing it. As for colored mascaras, I have tried them over the years (they came out in the 70’s I only remember sky blue as one I tried back then) don’t like the effect on my lashes. I don’t mind a navy blue or another dark color but bright mascara on lashes always makes me think of clowns. Might pick this up if one of my teens expresses and interest just to let them try it. Otherwise—pass :)

• 5/17/11 17:27 Majick:

Never understood the hype of Great Lash – it SUCKS (IMO).
    The only color mascara that I will wear is a navy on the lower lashes because I was told it makes the whites of your eyes look whiter. ANd, a burgundy/plum (almost black) because it makes my hazel eyes look a little greener.
    Mostly I stick to black because it requires no thinking. LOL

• 5/17/11 22:03 Comrade Garlic:

One of the few things I was blessed with is lashes. So I can use Great Lash and be happy, it’s not my favorite. But for me it’s not bad. I buy it when I feel like slumming. So I got excited when I saw the teal and green. I bought the green and have been wearing it for a week. So far so good. The color shows up and looks pretty nice with my Kat Von D pallets. If I needed length or thickening, I would hate Great Lash.